Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan First Friday Live-Stream Video - Haslab Sentinel Project Revealed

JayC

13 minutes ago, mako said:

Is that it? Their big reveal was another one their HasScam toys!?! That's it, between this and the G.I.Joe SNAFU, I'm through with Mattelbro until they start actually putting stuff in stores again. Then I'll pay attention to their narcissistic ramblings . . . provided they remember which side their bread is buttered on.

I mean, this is a HUGE reveal, figuratively and literally, even if it's not your cup of tea. I don't know why you think HasLab is a scam- I backed the Star Wars Sail Barge, and it is absolutely amazing- one of the coolest things in my collection. It's a good way for us to get things that just wouldn't be made otherwise.

I’m not sure how I feel about this.  Compared to the Transformers Earthrise Scorponok, this doesnt feel like a good value.

Scorponok is 23 inches tall, can become a robot, scorpion, and a base, plus includes a headmaster and a deluxe class sized headmaster. All at $160.

Sentinel is 26 inches tall with lights, a tentacle, a 6 inch figure, and a swappable head. All for $350.

I realize it’s not exactly a good comparison. Scorponok is mass produced with a larger buying base. The Sentinel is a specialty item with a presumably smaller buying base. 

38 minutes ago, Sidewinder said:

I’m not sure how I feel about this.  Compared to the Transformers Earthrise Scorponok, this doesnt feel like a good value.

Scorponok is 23 inches tall, can become a robot, scorpion, and a base, plus includes a headmaster and a deluxe class sized headmaster. All at $160.

Sentinel is 26 inches tall with lights, a tentacle, a 6 inch figure, and a swappable head. All for $350.

I realize it’s not exactly a good comparison. Scorponok is mass produced with a larger buying base. The Sentinel is a specialty item with a presumably smaller buying base. 

I think you hit it on the nose, the biggest difference is one is mass produced and the other is not, and before people start saying this should be massed produced, lets not forget the last sentinel they mass produced  ended up on clearance at Ross stores. The price also includes shipping which helps in my mind at least to justify the cost a bit more.

10 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

I'm betting on:

Stretch Goal One - Another Tentacle (Bleh, but it's easy and makes sense)

Stretch Goal Two - Swappable Battle-damage parts and/or FX

Stretch Goal Three - Extra Pack-in 

Yeah a second tentacle seems like a good bet for at least one of em.

For those outside the US, in the past with these Haslab projects they have found ways to get them to folks outside the US, worked with overseas retailers and such to sell it. I can't say for sure but I woudn't totally count out the possibility of being able to get it at some point.

51 minutes ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Looks awesome!!! It would be nice if there was an option for backers to add one or two more of the Bastion figure for $19.99 each- at least one, so we can have one to display with each head. I'm definitely going to back it- hopefully it will get to all of the stretch goals!

I can see the additional Bastion/Sentinel Prime figures being released as Pulse exclusive army builders, like the Hydra & AIM figures were.

11 minutes ago, JayC said:

For those outside the US, in the past with these Haslab projects they have found ways to get them to folks outside the US, worked with overseas retailers and such to sell it. I can't say for sure but I woudn't totally count out the possibility of being able to get it at some point.

True, but expect to pay a lot more especially if BBTS do it

Guest EUPHORICVIKING

This looks great. 

But in all honestly i don't see the point in having just one sentinel. I would need at least three and at $350 a pop...

And with $1000.00 i could buy a used motorcycle.... Think about that. 

8 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

This looks great. 

But in all honestly i don't see the point in having just one sentinel. I would need at least three and at $350 a pop... and with $1000.00 i could buy a used motorcycle. 

would be nice if they could offer some kind of group discount. Like Buy three and they knock the price down a bit.

51 minutes ago, PredatorRanger said:

I can see the additional Bastion/Sentinel Prime figures being released as Pulse exclusive army builders, like the Hydra & AIM figures were.

I wouldnt expect that anytime soon. Maybe far down the road.

12 minutes ago, tarot said:

Kapowtoys.co.uk was the store that back the unicorn. They said they would try and find one for us this time as well.

BBTS also did and changed an extra $200. Still don't care, I won't be supporting any HasLab crowdfunding

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
5 minutes ago, JayC said:

would be nice if they could offer some kind of group discount. Like Buy three and they knock the price down a bit.

I totally agree.

A discount for buying in bulk. But i'm actually gonna bank on the fact that Hasbro and Haslab like money and will probably release it in larger quantities later down the line. The last couple years I've learn the waiting game generally pays off and gets you the version for the price you want. 

Oh damn wow, that looks pretty cool indeed, awesome for all of you people who will be purchasing this, I however shall not be, they can't even guarantee I can get one in Canada, and they want me to pre give them 400+ dollars (Canadian Exchange), what if they turn around and say, sorry international people, that's a Bummer, gotta say no for me, cool , but no , in reality I actually have no space for it anyways, and I don't think Sentinels are thaaat neat

I wish that bastion figure was something I could just buy on its own though