Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan First Friday Live-Stream Video - Haslab Sentinel Project Revealed

JayC

8 hours ago, tarot said:

I think that one of the grey area of Spider-man. Marvel only own part of it, Toei own the other part so it's a bit hard to liscence it since they both have different companies making toys for it. Hasbro for Marvel and Bandai for Toei.

It shouldn't be that hard; Toei owns Super Sentai which Bandai makes the toys for in Japan, but Hasbro have the Power Rangers licence, so they should be able to work something out.

6 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Agree; cant justify the price tag and not really taken by the whole "go fund me /crowd funding" flavor Hasbro's presenting this project as. As if they need a kickstarter to get this thing out there, what, they cant afford to make it on their own? Please! Yeah its a nice ploy to draw fans in, but guys please lets be honest, youre gonna see this thing again, especially the 6" "bonus" figure it comes with. Then there's the whole "if I don't get it now, it'll be $500+ on the after market". True enough, but is it actually WORTH all that.

Crowdsourcing is essentially just another way of saying pre-order. Yes they are selling it themselves instead of letting say Walmart selling it but they would have to sell a lot more than 6k for walmart to be interested in carrying it, and if Walmart  did carry it they would probably insist it be as an exclusive and only primarily offer it online as they wouldn't allocate shelf space in their stores for something so big.  The last Sentinel they tried to mass produce didnt seem to sell so well cause it ended up on discount at Ross stores, so them going the direct sell route makes perfect sense in this case. Will we ever see these released again....maybe but not any time soon and it wouldn't likely be any cheaper or easier to get. If your not into paying $350 for a figure I can totally understand that but if your trying to convince yourself your going to have an easier time or cheaper way of getting it down the road, I think your gonna find yourself disappointed.

57 minutes ago, tarot said:

Well I don't know about the Sentinel but I can definitely see them re-releasing Bastion or just the Prime Sentinel as an Army builder set.

No HasLab product will ever be re-released that's the point of the whole Crowd Funding process, so if you want one you will either have to get it now, or get scalped on the secondary market.

Bastion is an oddity, given the call him an army builder and he is technically a pack-in and could be an early release figure, but as much as I want a bastion, I'm not holding my breath for a single release anytime soon

2 hours ago, leokearon said:

No HasLab product will ever be re-released that's the point of the whole Crowd Funding process, so if you want one you will either have to get it now, or get scalped on the secondary market.

I'm not so sure. With all the time, effort and plastic that go into these things, I can see them doing second runs of these items down the road when the dust settles a bit more. 

Silly Hasbro. If only they could be bothered to ship internationally - as they did throughout the nineties and noughties, very well and very efficiently - I'd probably go for this.

Possibly. Although I might stop to think: I could get (a). a big Sentinel, or (b). Three full waves of Marvel Legends and one Store exclusive instead. That's between 19 and 25 individually carded figures and (up to) three BAFs or a big Sentinel & (admittedly rather cool looking) Bastion. Hmmm. Yeah, never going to happen. 

I'm not going to hate on this, though and I hope it does well, as a sideline to the regular Legends. But, there's a line for me where paying a certain amount of money for a single figure/ item becomes just wrong. Like that $400 Transformers Masterpiece Optimus Prime that gave 80's fanboys multiple orgasms. Yeah, it's cool, just like the HasLab Sentinel is cool. If I was rich and/or didn't work to buy my toys, I'd love that, but I'm not, and $400/£360  is way, way too much to spend on a 'regular' toy. 

So, it's regular stuff only. The only single items I could ever conceive paying £400+ for would be rarities/prototypes like Phoenix 5 Cyclops. Unreleased Jubilee BAF wave Rogue. Lady Bullseye protype. Early Toyfare Northstar/Aurora protypes. 

34 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

I'm not so sure. With all the time, effort and plastic that go into these things, I can see them doing second runs of these items down the road when the dust settles a bit more. 

That's not how HasLab works, the product doesn't go into production unless the goal is reached. If they do then they will make their profit, if they don't, then all they lose is the time and money to make a couple of renders and a cheap prototype. Hasbro stated with their HasLab products that this is it, no extra runs, you either get it now or enjoy getting scalped

15 minutes ago, tarot said:

Because of a successful campaign hasbro announced the first tier will be a swappable master mold head

FB_IMG_1594490797837.jpg

FB_IMG_1594490793183.jpg

Well, that was fast! Nice add-on. Definitely if I had the possibility I'd get this, he looks rather awesome. The thing is where to put him, I mean, even now I struggle to display my collection, I can't imagine having a huge shelve for this guy, but damn, that'd be awesome.

22 minutes ago, tarot said:

Because of a successful campaign hasbro announced the first tier will be a swappable master mold head

FB_IMG_1594490797837.jpg

FB_IMG_1594490793183.jpg

This is a cool surprise. I thought a Master Mold head would be to elaborate for a add-on. If the head has legs you can extend out that would be so cool. Def getting one now, but dammit now the question is do I get 2?

Whats cool IMO about Master Mold is you can take this and use it with the 12" Sentinels previously released and have an army if you dont have the funds to army build this thing. Master Mold should be bigger than a regular Sentinel so I kinda think the 12" Sentinels will look better with this as Master Mold.

11 minutes ago, JayC said:

This is a cool surprise. I thought a Master Mold head would be to elaborate for a add-on. If the head has legs you can extend out that would be so cool. Def getting one now, but dammit now the question is do I get 2?

Get one and just use it qas mastermold with the smaller ones being regular sentinels. Or if you want multiple prime sentinel you will need to get another anyway