Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan First Friday Live-Stream Video - Haslab Sentinel Project Revealed

JayC

Master Mold looks like he's a slip on/clip-on "mask" for the basic Sentinel head (which is just fine, Master Mold's noggin is oversized anyway).

I don't think they will add more tiers than they have, or if they do, it'll be very basic (like maybe the extra Tentacle isn't an official stretch goal YET but they throw it in if we hit 9K backers.  I also wouldn't be entirely surprised if they popped out something decent at 10K backers, but Hasbro is going to be a lot more cognizant of "scope creep" than say, your average Kickstarter board game manufacturer. 

MAYBE they double up on the Bastion/Prime Sentinel figures.

Or I could see them doing a "For every extra 1K we meet, we'll reveal a new figure we have in the works on Fan Friday the following week."

With Master Mold revealed, I'm revising my guesses as to the next two stretch goals:

#2 - Slip-on/Clip-on Battle Damage parts and blasty FX.

#3 - A base/stand for the figure (Either "launch" FX or wreckage).

And I still think the extra tentacle happens one way or another, but I no longer think it will be a stretch goal in and of itself.

40 minutes ago, tarot said:

Because of a successful campaign hasbro announced the first tier will be a swappable master mold head

Wow!  Well, I was a pretty solid "no thanks", but just did a complete 180 on this bad boy.  Hasbro, if we were all together right now I'd lead the slowest of slow claps for you guys pulling this stunt.  Just...damn.

Jeez, we'll I'm in regardless at this point, but if they really wanted to go for the hat trick, the next two tier unlockables would be Master Mold's throne, and some mechanical spider-legs the could attach to the bottom of the alternate Master Mold head.  I realize one is more likely than the other, but I have a feeling we'll find out for sure one way or the other on both of them.

Master-Mold.thumb.jpg.bfc656a8ef19f6d1d220a5bd382aae43.jpgoldcyclopsfights26.thumb.jpg.7a8ad2a97c566f361c09b85902a6f763.jpg

Damn it!, this Master Mold head makes it so much cooler to me, honestly with the Idea this figure would be displayed as Master Mold, makes more sense, they should make the next unlockable tier a DOFP Sentinel so you can actually display him as Master Mold, I still am not going to get this, but looks cooler and cooler every time, ....maybe I should get this...nooo..yes...no So Conflicted ! (I def do not have the space for it,, It's over 500 CDN , and imagine all the multiple figures I could buy with 500 +,,, no can't)

spacer.png

Awesome add on! I am selling my two variant paint scheme Marvel Universe Sentinels and I will sell this Master Mold Head and Prime Sentinel Head, so together that will probably cover the cost of this purchase! And DAMN, that Bastion is so much better than I could have hope for!  This has to be great news for all of us Legends fans - Hasbro will see what a great option it can be for odd offerings (Galactus, Celestials, Frost Giants).  It will be interesting to see if Hasbro Pulse will ever offer an Army Builder Set - Hellfire Club Goons, Shield Agents, Skrulls, Hand Foot Soldiers, Aim Soldiers, Hydra Soldiers... I would buy 10 of them!!!!

1 hour ago, JayC said:

Whats cool IMO about Master Mold is you can take this and use it with the 12" Sentinels previously released and have an army if you dont have the funds to army build this thing. Master Mold should be bigger than a regular Sentinel so I kinda think the 12" Sentinels will look better with this as Master Mold.

What! They made foot tall Sentinels & didn't tell me! TB Sentinel I have is almost 16' tall, as is the MU Sentinel from 2010. 

11 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

What! They made foot tall Sentinels & didn't tell me! TB Sentinel I have is almost 16' tall, as is the MU Sentinel from 2010. 

I havent measured em in a long time but whatever the TB and Hasbro previous Sentinels are they will make for a good army with the 26" Master Mold.

5 minutes ago, JayC said:

I havent measured em in a long time but whatever the TB and Hasbro previous Sentinels are they will make for a good army with the 26" Master Mold.

Unless someone bought a crap load of ML TB Sentinels back when they 1st came out & were way more affordable, I doubt it. Those go for an avg of $200 on ebay now. The MU Sentinels were nice but way too under articulated & even those go for a pretty penny now. As I've stated before, Hasbro should make either 12' or 16' scaled classic "DOFP" Sentinels with at minimum, 18 POA, especially waist swivel or/and ab crunch & make em either Amazon or EE exclusives for around $79.99. Include alternate fists, open hands & a tentacle +1 palm blaster weapons FX. With this 26 1/2' Mastermold, they would go great. I'd get a half dozen "DOFP' classic Byrne Sentinels if done this way.

IMy4Lvk.png

On 7/10/2020 at 10:46 AM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Looks awesome!!! It would be nice if there was an option for backers to add one or two more of the Bastion figure for $19.99 each- at least one, so we can have one to display with each head. I'm definitely going to back it- hopefully it will get to all of the stretch goals!

It would be even nicer if there were a tier we could reach where Mattelbro started making toys for sell in stores again . . . and actually put them there.

But hey, at least you guys got an extra head. That's GOTTA be worth 300 bucks!

9 hours ago, JayC said:

Crowdsourcing is essentially just another way of saying pre-order. Yes they are selling it themselves instead of letting say Walmart selling it but they would have to sell a lot more than 6k for walmart to be interested in carrying it, and if Walmart  did carry it they would probably insist it be as an exclusive and only primarily offer it online as they wouldn't allocate shelf space in their stores for something so big.  The last Sentinel they tried to mass produce didnt seem to sell so well cause it ended up on discount at Ross stores, so them going the direct sell route makes perfect sense in this case. Will we ever see these released again....maybe but not any time soon and it wouldn't likely be any cheaper or easier to get. If your not into paying $350 for a figure I can totally understand that but if your trying to convince yourself your going to have an easier time or cheaper way of getting it down the road, I think your gonna find yourself disappointed.

Oh I certainly don't think its gonna be cheaper later (if it did get released at a lower price I'd be surprised), in fact I specifically said I could see it going for $500+ on aftermarket. So if anything, for those of you that want it, I'd have to advise getting it now  My comment is, is it worth that, and I just don't see it. Its not a bad figure by any means, and I'm pleased they did some good articulation, but again, it just doesn't look like a $300.00 product to me. The extra 6" figure is a nice addition, but despite what some here believe, that definitely is gonna show up again. Hasbro's already putting out their BAFS as complete figures, so its not that hard to see.

4 hours ago, leokearon said:

That's not how HasLab works, the product doesn't go into production unless the goal is reached. If they do then they will make their profit, if they don't, then all they lose is the time and money to make a couple of renders and a cheap prototype. Hasbro stated with their HasLab products that this is it, no extra runs, you either get it now or enjoy getting scalped

That's the official line, yes, but I don't believe it. It just strikes me as the type of buy-it-now-or-else sense of urgency that businesses are won't to resort to. It's in any toy company's best interest to make the absolute most out of any mold they produce these days. Now that Hasbro actually has the tooling/ molds made for the Sail Barge, Unicron and eventually the Sentinel, it only makes perfect business sense to me that they'd produce them again in some fashion in order to keep making bread. I could be wrong, of course; it doesn't really matter to me either way as I've largely been uninterested in HasLab. As I said, I just don't believe their official line, especially when there's more money to be had (not that this is a bad thing!).

1 hour ago, mako said:

It would be even nicer if there were a tier we could reach where Mattelbro started making toys for sell in stores again . . . and actually put them there.

But hey, at least you guys got an extra head. That's GOTTA be worth 300 bucks!

Although I somewhat understand your frustration, your argument really has nothing to do with Hasbro and everything to do with the retailers. They just don't order because they struggle to sell it. Kids over 4 don't play with toys as much as they do electronics and video games, that's just a fact. Parent aren't going to shell out $20 per figure for kids under 5 very often because we know what happens to those figures. Hasbro found out the hard way when they tried to sell to Kids with the Marvel Universe 3.75" line and it went terribly. Now we even see Star Wars and GI Joe in the 6" scale because that's what sells (mostly to the adult fan as nostalgia for their youth). Frankly I've gotten tired of even trying to find collectibles at retail and prefer the online route. It requires far less effort and I know that I'm always going to end up with the product.

I have this problem with Walgreens. I have two Walgreens within a a half mile of my house and they won't even order the store exclusives unless it's a top A-list character. They didn't order the New Mutants, Cuckoos or Emma because the store manager had never heard of those characters. They're still stuck with exclusive yellow costume Daredevils from years ago that they can't sell. They also way over-ordered on Superior Iron Man not realizing that it was Dr. Doom and now are stuck with those too. They had that Ant-Man exclusive on the shelves for years after it came out around the same time as the first movie. They're not willing to get burnt again.

Toys R Us was the one store that Hasbro could count on to order large quantities of everything Hasbro put out and we know how that worked out. Target and Walmart expect sweetheart deals or it's a no-go and they often will only order 1-2 cases each of each wave per store because they don't want to be stuck with leftover product. The last time I saw my local Target and Walmart order more than a case or two they both ended up with like 20 MCU Wasps clogging the pegs forever from an Avengers wave. I live in a town with a population around 75,000 and a county with population of about 600,000. If they can't sell in that size of a community there's probably no way they're selling in less populated areas.

Hasbro is just trying to figure out how to keep the line alive. Retailers couldn't care less. This type of release is a perfect way for Hasbro to make a strong profit and keep the line going. If they tried to sell this $350 figure at retail it would fail spectacularly. This already looks like it's going to be a smashing success and will likely set the stage for similar offerings in future years. If someone now has a 26" Sentinel that towers over their 16" Galactus... guess what the next project is!!!

I would like to speculate what we can see next for the two other tiers my top guess would be , 

1. blast gun that clips on him

2.blast effect that plugs in hand Or gun if we get that too

3. Trask figure

4. A mega flight stand 

5. A net catcher 

I don’t count a second tentacle like others have because I think you can just get two sets and you will be able to put it on the figure to have two 

This thing is amazing.  What's more amazing is the amount of people complaining about it because they can't afford it.  Sorry guys but the fans have spoken and they aren't going to release the 'Lab' products ever again.  The whole point of them is that they are limited edition products, they've figured the cost of max production and hell they've even had to scrap project in the past because they didn't meet the order requirements.  So don't give me this "The molds are already created and it'll be mass-market in a few years!" bit.  Even if they put this thing into stores at $200, no one would touch it.  People who buy actions figures nowadays are mostly adults.  I have several kids and plenty of nieces and nephews between 5 and 12 and not one of them has an action figure.  Most of them have phones and tablets, though!

The more i look at this the more i want it. i may have to scrape up the money for this if i can. Now that the add on goals are hitting i want it even more. I'm thinking we will see all of the add ons they way it climbing so fast. And that will make me want it even more. ha ha! But then again, I'm thinking to my self where would i put it? I have like 200 figures, its hard enough to display all of them. O the dilemmas of a collector! Ha ha! Time to sell some figure mayhaps?🤔

1 hour ago, Virtualzach said:

What's more amazing is the amount of people complaining about it because they can't afford it. 

I like the part where apparently Hasbro is supposed to market to people who can't afford their product.  Or since a lot of folks are out of work they should stop releasing any product whatsoever (so MORE people can be out of work when all the Hasbro designers and sculptors, etc... are laid off).  (Because I've seen a lot of folks saying "this is the wrong time for this" because of that).

Goes to show that Hasbro shoulda jumped on the ML train a long time ago for their HasLab project. How much time and effort did they waste on that BS Cookie Monster and slow funded Unicron projects and this one blows through quicker than the McFarlane Spawn project. There's a lesson to be learned here, Hasbro.