Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan First Friday Live-Stream Video - Haslab Sentinel Project Revealed

JayC

8 minutes ago, Psychosomatic said:

Highly suspected would be one of the tiers - love it!  I hope we get a crazy unexpected 6 inch figure next...something none of us would have expected...I doubt that is what will happen, but that would be my preference.

I would hope if there is something like a battle damaged chest to go with the head. A BD head with a pristine clean body looks kinda funny.

19 minutes ago, Emnems80 said:

If it passes 9,000 would Hasbro possibly add more tiers?

Could they?  Sure.  Will they?  Dunno.  I think for sure they add a 10K goal, but they've got to be careful about "Scope creep."  They still want this to turn a profit after all, so if this continues to add goals beyond 10K I suspect they'll become less and less tangible.  Basically less parts and pack-ins and more stuff like those "Marvel Online Points" and whatnot.

14 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

Could they?  Sure.  Will they?  Dunno.  I think for sure they add a 10K goal, but they've got to be careful about "Scope creep."  They still want this to turn a profit after all, so if this continues to add goals beyond 10K I suspect they'll become less and less tangible.  Basically less parts and pack-ins and more stuff like those "Marvel Online Points" and whatnot.

The thing is that everything gets cheaper for them to produce if they have to produce more, so they probably have things planned out to maintain $X profit, but more backers gives them more budget without cutting into X. If they need 6,000 backers to make the numbers work, but end up with 15,000, they can make it a whole lot more worthwhile for each of those backers without losing a single percentage point.

20 minutes ago, Benn said:

The thing is that everything gets cheaper for them to produce if they have to produce more, so they probably have things planned out to maintain $X profit, but more backers gives them more budget without cutting into X. If they need 6,000 backers to make the numbers work, but end up with 15,000, they can make it a whole lot more worthwhile for each of those backers without losing a single percentage point.

Sure, they COULD.  But the higher ups will look better upon them, HasLab in general, and this particular project if they get a wider profit margin out of it.  So...they have to play the balancing act of pleasing fans and pleasing the bean-counters.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if stretch goals basically cut off at 10K.  Or conversely we hit 10K and the next goal is at 15K instead of 11K.  But I guess we'll see.

8 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

How would people feel about a Peter Dinklage Bolivar Trask as a stretch goal? Probably a long shot but it’ll be savings on plastic 😛

They wouldn't put a movie figure in with a comic set. I don't know why people keep asking for Bolivar Trask. Didn't he like die particularly after he was created? 

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

How would people feel about a Peter Dinklage Bolivar Trask as a stretch goal? Probably a long shot but it’ll be savings on plastic 😛

I did ponder the idea of a "normal" BAF-sized Movie Sentinel as a pack-in, mostly because I was trying to think of Sentinel-linked Troop Builders they could beyond just adding another Prime Sentinel.  But I think Tarot is right, they likely would never mix movie and comic in a single product like that.

But yeah, Trask is unlikely, either in Dinklage or unremarkable comic form.

8 hours ago, tarot said:

They wouldn't put a movie figure in with a comic set. I don't know why people keep asking for Bolivar Trask. Didn't he like die particularly after he was created? 

Yeah, Trask died at the end of the Sentinels first storyline when he sacrificed himself to stop the Sentinels.  He was later resurrected by Bastion though.

16 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Yeah, I dunno how they'd do it, though...clip on?  There's got to be a limit on interchangeable parts before things get more  complicated than they want to go with this, but I dunno.  I do agree it looks a bit off, though.

Static stickers are pretty damn cheap to make.

11 minutes ago, tarot said:

9000 Tier announced. Female Prime Sentinel. Now those who bought multiple can really army build.

107498174_3518913808141535_6640773972695414878_o.jpg

Now we're talkin'. Not sure if that's the new & improved female buck they've been teasing us with, but those sure aren't the standard bony legged, knobby kneed Kate Bishop legs.