Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan First Friday Live-Stream Video - Haslab Sentinel Project Revealed

JayC

5 minutes ago, mako said:

AAAANNNNNDDDD most of us will never see it! So it pretty much means nothing.

You know what REALLY means nothing?  Your whining in this thread.

Feel free to find a thread talking about something you like and care about, whether on this forum or another.  I'm sorry that the stores in your area are apparently particularly sucky on keeping anything in stock (or is it that you're expecting to find everything you want hunting just once  a week in the afternoon?).  Either way, I can assure you nothing you say here is going to have any impact on how Hasbro or their retail partners do business, and nobody else here really cares that you can't get your toys.  Especially when pretty much all of the regular-line product has been readily available online, for retail or barely-above-retail price, with only a mild to moderate bit of diligence.  Most exclusives aren't much more difficult, with the exception of the occasional Wal-Mart or SDCC item.

Basically, if you're bitching that you can't get figures, especially in the current environment, that's a you problem, not a Hasbro problem.  You've obviously got internet access, presumably an address and a credit/debit card, too.

As I've stated before, too rich for my blood & too big to army build even if I wanted to buy this. Had it been 20' tall & $200-$250, I mighta bit on getting a triad of em.  The BD head is cool, but the few missing fingers BD hand is lame. I woulda expected an entirely blown off hand.  Those of you harping on the "70 POA" seem to exclude that 40 of those POA seem to be just in the hands, which IMO, was not necessary. Over time, those finger joints will loosen up & you'll end up with floppy hands that won't be able to even hold Puck w/o dropping him. Also,  a Sentinel is not acrobatic like Spidey. It's a big lumbering killing machine. 22-24 POA woulda been just enough to get it into all the needed poses & that extra $ spent on articulating the hands coulda gone to making plasma palm blaster FXs,  extra detention coil. Just my 2 centavos.

42 minutes ago, mako said:

i guess, but an awful lot of people seem to be keeping tabs on the number of backers  like they owned hasbro stock, so i think from a publicity standpoint this has worked out quite well for Hasbro.  wouldn't be surprised if they aren't kicking themselves for not doing an ML haslab project sooner, since this one seems to be much more successful than their black series & transformer projects.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
1 hour ago, mako said:

You have the opportunity to back the project and get them now. This obviously is not a fan channel, Target, or Walmart exclusive. Etc. It is available now at Hasbro Pulse.  This is your shot. if you don't want them now and want to play the waiting game, do it. But they are literally making one for you if you back the project. If you want the Prime Sentinels but not the Sentinel, then that's something you have to decide on. But this isn't a typical release  and you can't be upset at anyone but yourself for not getting one. 

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

i guess, but an awful lot of people seem to be keeping tabs on the number of backers  like they owned hasbro stock, so i think from a publicity standpoint this has worked out quite well for Hasbro.  wouldn't be surprised if they aren't kicking themselves for not doing an ML haslab project sooner, since this one seems to be much more successful than their black series & transformer projects.

True, though its also cheaper than the previous 2 Haslab offerings. The sail barge needed 5000 backers paying $499.99 each, and Unicron required 8,000 backers paying $574.99 each. The Sentinel is also not going to take up as much room as the previous two and they started doing the add-ons which I think motivates people more.

That all being said, I do think Marvel Legends is Hasbro's most popular action figure brand right now so that Im sure helped as well.

Man I'm not gonna lie, as being one of the first backers for this project and seeing the amount of support it's getting, this has me very excited.

I mean the guys at Hasbro must be salivating right now, not even a week has gone by and the project is already on tier 3.

Who knows what we might get in the future, it has to be extremely ambitious to match the success of The Sentinel.

15 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Since they're doing the Primes, I wonder if Karima is somewhere in the works. That's a character that I've always liked, but just assumed there would never be a chance we'd get it.

I'm betting on her showing up in the "obscure character/villain" slot in one of the House of X/Powers of X waves (assuming there's more than one).

24 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Since they're doing the Primes, I wonder if Karima is somewhere in the works. That's a character that I've always liked, but just assumed there would never be a chance we'd get it.

I don't want her in this. I would rather they keep it as unnamed Sentinels and allow people to Army Build. Bastion and Mastermold aside of course but they can be swapped for ABs.

I used to follow this guys channel fairly regularly, but gave it up when he started to come off as kind of a douche. Every once in a while, however, he does come up with one or two diamonds. Case in point, his opinion on the recent Bespin Freeze Chamber. Just replace any reference to that with Marvel Legends Sentinel, and you have my thoughts exactly.

I'm so pissed that there's no way I can get this. I mean, at the same time I am relieved, but damn... I feel so cheated that this would be the perfect centerpiece for my X-Men display. Being that I'm selling most of my collection and limiting how many x-men I keep... this would've been perfect. 

2 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

I'm betting on her showing up in the "obscure character/villain" slot in one of the House of X/Powers of X waves (assuming there's more than one).

I'm hoping for a Monet. In her original, bad-ayass, non-Penance form. We need someone for the Strong Guy figure to fall in love with. I hear "shipping" is all the new rage in comics and TV these days.

9 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Now I'm hoping Haslab tackles Galactus in the future. The tiers could be different Heralds such as Fire Lord and Nova or Air Walker! 

Oh they will. This has been too successful. The only problem is that it will be much bigger and cost alot more. 

BUT If I had to pick: 

Strandard Tier: Galactus and Firelord

Tier 1: Skeleton Head 

Tier 2: Nova

Tier 3: ? Another Herald?

1 hour ago, memocromatico said:

I'm so pissed that there's no way I can get this. I mean, at the same time I am relieved, but damn... I feel so cheated that this would be the perfect centerpiece for my X-Men display. Being that I'm selling most of my collection and limiting how many x-men I keep... this would've been perfect. 

Yeah that's one of my significant problems with this, is it doesn't ship internationally, only way it seems we can get this internationally is by buying it from BBTS, which in Canadian will make this 680$ plus whatever shipping is I'm guessing probably 50$ making this 730$ , I just can't do that even with how cool it is, plus I infact really don't have space for this, plus I also weirdly enough was never really that in love with a sentinel.

16 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Now I'm hoping Haslab tackles Galactus in the future. The tiers could be different Heralds such as Fire Lord and Nova or Air Walker! 

if this was Galactus, I would have probably just pulled this trigger regardless, I mean it's galactus , he'd be what.. I dunno 50'' haha, I'm sure with the success of this campaign we will see a Galactus down the road