Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan First Friday Live-Stream Video - Haslab Sentinel Project Revealed

JayC

48 minutes ago, leokearon said:

I wouldn't call team seat-fillers like Rock Python and Skullbuster screaming mainstream retail release but Hasbro can surprise us

Yeah, but if you look at Rock Python and Skullbuster, even setting aside that the Serpent Society has been a team Hasbro's been slowly working on filling out for years now (not so much the case with Heralds of Galactus), there's something they have in common:  minimal new tooling.  Same with say, Spymaster in the Black Widow wave.  Even MACH I had less new tooling than you might expect (a lot was recycled from Ultimate Beetle).  A lot of those "oddballs" fall into the "cheap to make" category.d

But honestly I'd imagine folks can relax some.  While I'm skeptical the Sentinel sees re-release outside of HasLab, if there's even moderate demand I'd bet a Prime Sentinel 2-pack or individual troop builders on Hasbro Pulse is probably going to happen, even if it's not for a couple years.

30 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

But honestly I'd imagine folks can relax some.  While I'm skeptical the Sentinel sees re-release outside of HasLab, if there's even moderate demand I'd bet a Prime Sentinel 2-pack or individual troop builders on Hasbro Pulse is probably going to happen, even if it's not for a couple years.

Oh yeah. Wait for that X-Men movie we all know is coming eventually, and I expect we'll see more consumer accessible Sentinels (I'm still hoping for a BAF).

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

I'm more in favor or a new comic based Giant Man. He would be similar in size the the Sentinel and the tiers could unlock the many, many, many versions of Hank Pym we've seen over the years. They could do 6" figures of him in his Yellow Jacket, Goliath and Safari personas, and hell, maybe they'll finally do a decent comic version of Ultron that doesn't reuse the Ult. Beetle buck. They could even do the whole head swap thing with the exposed hair version of the Giant Man mask. With the success of this Sentinel project, I think it would be a good idea to see if they could float this kinda thing maybe a few times a year, not just during HasLab. Just my two cents.

The reason I’d prefer Galactus over Giant Man is that they could theoretically give us him in a wave as a BAF, maybe even across 2 waves. Hank is a lot slimmer than the Sentinels, so if he was divided into enough pieces, it would fit in the standard packaging. Galactus is way too big to be a BAF, meaning that Haslab would be a perfect avenue for him. 

To your point about releasing these several times a year, they could start a new line of mega-sized figure available only through fan channels. That would mean they could give us Celestials, Living Tribunal, Fin Fang Foom, Giant Man, even larger MCU characters, like Surter, Mysterio’s monsters, Ant-Man, etc. The only problem at that point would be whether people were ok with getting 3-4 $250+ figures a year.

I see people asking for the Chair for Master Mold. Honestly it's just not really feasible............................in plastic form that is. But Hear me out. How about instead of using the next Tier to make the box it comes in shaped like the chair. Have the figure (the Bastion and heads) under the chair, have the Sentinel sitting on the chair and have the whole lot covered in a hard cardboard cover. Does that sound better then wasting the plastic on the chair? 

6 minutes ago, tarot said:

I see people asking for the Chair for Master Mold. Honestly it's just not really feasible............................in plastic form that is. But Hear me out. How about instead of using the next Tier to make the box it comes in shaped like the chair. Have the figure (the Bastion and heads) under the chair, have the Sentinel sitting on the chair and have the whole lot covered in a hard cardboard cover. Does that sound better then wasting the plastic on the chair? 

Oooohhhh....that sounds like a good idea 💡

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

I just want that 6' scaled Bastion with alternate Sentinel head released as an Army builder in the near future. Don't even care for Bastion, just a release of the figure with the Sentinel head on it. I'd get a platoon's worth of em!

Maybe someone will do a casting of the SENTINEL prime head and make it available to the masses?

7 hours ago, tarot said:

It could be possible, they did something similar for the Transformers Throne of the Primes

spacer.png4728613f-82e2-4d37-bb9e-5d3fc56b60f5.jpg

For those who live in the UK, you will soon be able to pre-order the Haslab Marvel Legends Sentinel through the UK retailer Zavvi. the cost will be £349.99. You can bookmark this page and sign up for email notification when it become available to actually place your order if your so inclined.

Our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com who also ships Internationally will be offering the Sentinel as well. Being they are a US based etailer, it will cost you a bit more to buy it there plus the shipping, but it is another option.

If we hear of any other international etailers that have made arrangements with Hasbro to offer the Sentinel outside the US, we will be sure to pass that info on to you.

Of course for those in the US, you have until August 24 to pre-order it from Hasbro's Haslab website. The figure is now fully funded so there is no doubt this one along with the three add-ons will be going into production. As of this post the campaign has gained 10,325 backers. The original minimum goal was 6k backers which the campaigned reached in just over 24hrs of going live. All three add-ons where unlocked when the campaign surpassed 9k backers back on Monday (7/13).

11 hours ago, tarot said:

a cardboard box as a chair I wouldn't consider to be an add-on, but not a bad idea if a plastic one isn't doable. IF Hasbro decided to add more tiers for add-ons which is by no means guaranteed, from a design standpoint I think a plastic chair is completely doable. If nothing else they could have it as something you assemble so it doesn't take a lot of space in the package.  With most of these potential add-ons, the big question comes with what is the cost to profit margin they set for the Sentinel. The more they sell the cheaper it is for them to make it  to a certain extent, but if they didnt specifically plan to do additional add-ons when they planned this thing out, they may not have given themselves much of a cushion to add on additional things from a cost standpoint.  The only way I could see them doing something like a chair is if they had additional add-ons already mapped out going in with the possibility of adding more things, otherwise my guess is most things would jack the cost up to much to be economically feasible. Obviously adding things like a second tentacle would be doable as a last minute add-on, but things that would require new tooling and  such, I don't see much chance of happening. Again, unless they already had it planned out going in and those costs were already factored in.

12 hours ago, tarot said:

Oh my...brilliant! Hasbro made a cardboard throne for the SDCC Transformer a couple of years ago.  It had thin black pastic taped to it, so the figure could fit snugly in it...

I REALLY hope someone at Hasbro is reading this!

2 hours ago, JayC said:

For those who live in the UK, you will soon be able to pre-order the Haslab Marvel Legends Sentinel through the UK retailer Zavvi. the cost will be £349.99. You can bookmark this page and sign up for email notification when it become available to actually place your order if your so inclined.

Checked Zavvi (AU), sentinel is not yet there....in another shop it is up for pre-order for 700 AUD (500 USD)

2 hours ago, MeGrimlock78 said:

Oh my...brilliant! Hasbro made a cardboard throne for the SDCC Transformer a couple of years ago.  It had thin black pastic taped to it, so the figure could fit snugly in it...

I REALLY hope someone at Hasbro is reading this!

The main issue I see with the "Make the box the throne" approach is that this was not marketed as a "Master Mold" figure.  It was marketed as a Sentinel, and normal Sentinels aren't really known for sitting around.

Also elaborate packaging has a price tag attached.   Not that it'll cost US any more, but it will cut into Hasbro's profit margin on these.  I could easily imagine the bean-counters "suggesting" that all that's needed is a simple box with some nice graphics on it.  Much like the Sail Barge.

15 hours ago, tarot said:

Cardboard tends to warp after a while. As someone who has bought a couple of the extreme sets can attest to. Others that have gotten some extreme sets can back me on that as well. Also, this was marketed as a  a regular Sentinel, not as Master Mold, so why would people start thinking that all of a sudden, Hasbro has to supply a chair for the guy? If I was getting this, which I'm not, I'd just get creative, get out some comic reference pics of what the chair he sits on looks like & make my own.

6 hours ago, JayC said:

IF Hasbro decided to add more tiers for add-ons which is by no means guaranteed, from a design standpoint I think a plastic chair is completely doable. If nothing else they could have it as something you assemble so it doesn't take a lot of space in the package. 

Yeah, that.  I mean, it's a giant plastic robot with interchangeable parts and light-up effects that stands well over two feet tall and costs several hundreds of dollars.  I don't see what's so untenable about a snap-together chair with plenty of negative space in it's design.

I really don't expect they'll do it; just thought it would be fun.  I am already thinking about how to build my own.

7 minutes ago, drbeck said:

Bad News vor all  sentinel buyers in the UK and Europe- the Figure is sold out from the brittish dealer! 

Not sure where you are getting that, but I dont think Zavvi has even  started taking actual orders yet for it.

Your new message from our Customer Care Team:

Hello Andre,  

Thank you for getting in touch with us.  

I have had a look for when we are getting more stock for this item and sadly our suppliers are still unable to give us a date for when there will be more stock for this. I understand that this news can be both disappointing and frustrating.  

I deeply apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you and can assure you that it was certainly not our intention to disappoint. 

If you happen to have any other questions, then please don't hesitate to contact us and a member of our team will be more than happy to assist you. 

Best regards, 

Niamh G 

Zavvi Team

37 minutes ago, drbeck said:

Your new message from our Customer Care Team:

Hello Andre,  

Thank you for getting in touch with us.  

I have had a look for when we are getting more stock for this item and sadly our suppliers are still unable to give us a date for when there will be more stock for this. I understand that this news can be both disappointing and frustrating.  

I deeply apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you and can assure you that it was certainly not our intention to disappoint. 

If you happen to have any other questions, then please don't hesitate to contact us and a member of our team will be more than happy to assist you. 

Best regards, 

Niamh G 

Zavvi Team

Again. Click on the links above and see that it is not up yet until tomorrow!!!!!!!!! At 12pm exactly!!!!! Customer service have zero knowledge of this. Zero. I have gotten in contact with zavvi myself and they jave confirmed it is going up tomorrow on all sites.