Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan First Friday Live-Stream Video - Haslab Sentinel Project Revealed

JayC

Can’t wait for mine. Bugs me a little that I’ve read others are getting email saying they are getting ready but I’ve yet to get any emails..

next Pulse Army builder please, this version of Sentinels:

On 9/6/2021 at 7:39 PM, RyanDaly said:

* remembers that it took 232 days for my pre-ordered Hellfire Club box set to ship *

Ugh.. I do recall your mentioning that. Here’s hoping us last minute backers aren’t going to have to wait THAT long..

On 9/6/2021 at 8:35 PM, Hulkwummy said:

Then how do I get it on Hasbropulse.com if not on amazon?

That's probably never going to happen either.  The Sentinel was a HasLab project; a crowd-funded thing.  Hasbro stopped taking orders well over a year ago before they went into production.

The secondary market is almost certainly going to be your only avenue from here on out.  I'm sure lots of them will be going for sale on eBay and wherever else in the coming weeks and months as they ship out to the project backers.  Maybe you can find a good deal somewhere if you keep your eyes peeled.  Good luck!

On 9/6/2021 at 8:35 PM, Hulkwummy said:

Then how do I get it on Hasbropulse.com if not on amazon?

Afraid to say that there in no way to get If off Pulse. If you didn’t order during the campaign it won’t be available again. 

As far as Amazon goes, anyone selling there purchased it during the campaign and can sell it for any price they can get for it. That may be your only option just be prepared to spend top dollar

On 9/6/2021 at 4:00 PM, Hulkwummy said:

When will the Haslab Sentinel hit amazon, because that is where I get most of my Marvel Legends figures if not in stores.

I can only say, if it wasn't worth that money during the campaign, how is it worth it now, when someone will certainly have to pay more? Anyone who bought into this and got more than one, is certainly going to charge twice what they originally paid. $700-1000.00 is insane lol! Think its time to let this one go.

On 9/6/2021 at 7:00 PM, Atlantis said:

I can only say, if it wasn't worth that money during the campaign, how is it worth it now, when someone will certainly have to pay more? Anyone who bought into this and got more than one, is certainly going to charge twice what they originally paid. $700-1000.00 is insane lol! Think its time to let this one go.

Yeah, did a quick check, I didn’t even see any for $700 anymore, they’re all right around the $1K mark. That’s an almost 3X price hike. Truly astounding that anyone would pay that much. 

On 9/6/2021 at 7:00 PM, Atlantis said:

I mean, most people would argue that it's not even worth the original $350.  For collectors, price and value are very subjective.  Do I understand people paying a premium for this at twice the value already?  Not really, but eventually.  I think very few of us here can say every figure we own was purchased at original MSRP.  

On 9/6/2021 at 9:00 PM, Atlantis said:

I mean hey its possible they didn't know about the campaign or how it works.

On 9/6/2021 at 8:15 PM, Virtualzach said:

"...I mean, most people would argue that it's not even worth the original $350... Do I understand people paying a premium for this at twice the value already?  Not really, but eventually...."

I agree with you, which is why I didn't buy it. Both it and Galactus are beautiful pieces of work, don't get me wrong. But $300.00 is too high for this collector. Now I know there are gonna be the ones who will try to justify it by comparing this or that kickstarter, and folding in a bunch of stats that they think look pretty- thanks, no. To them I say, you do You. Enjoy your purchase.

On 9/7/2021 at 10:52 AM, Atlantis said:

I agree with you, which is why I didn't buy it. Both it and Galactus are beautiful pieces of work, don't get me wrong. But $300.00 is too high for this collector. Now I know there are gonna be the ones who will try to justify it by comparing this or that kickstarter, and folding in a bunch of stats that they think look pretty- thanks, no. To them I say, you do You. Enjoy your purchase.

I've heard all the justifications for the price, and they do make sense, but it doesn't really make biting that bullet any easier. I couldn't justify the price for a Sentinel, but Galactus was always going to be the Haslab I would have to get, I almost passed on him several times before deciding I'd kick myself a lot if I didn't get him. I used a credit card, so no outright $400 was a little easier to handle. He'll end up a bit more expensive that way but nowhere near aftermarket prices, plus I can finish paying for him right around the time he actually ships.

On 9/7/2021 at 3:20 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I've heard all the justifications for the price, and they do make sense, but it doesn't really make biting that bullet any easier. I couldn't justify the price for a Sentinel, but Galactus was always going to be the Haslab I would have to get, I almost passed on him several times before deciding I'd kick myself a lot if I didn't get him. I used a credit card, so no outright $400 was a little easier to handle. He'll end up a bit more expensive that way but nowhere near aftermarket prices, plus I can finish paying for him right around the time he actually ships.

Depending on the card you used, you probably got $4-8 back in rewards points!

But yeah, I couldn't really pass up either the Sentinel or Galactus.  This has less to do with those projects on their own and more with the hundreds of ML I've collected in the past few years.  I can't just look at these things all shelved and pretty knowing that some of the most iconic (and large) characters were created and I passed on them.  Sadly, I do tend to think in terms of "wave cost/value", so these did each represent multiple wave purchases that *could have* been made.  But most of the waves released this year are of no interest to me.  Even the BAFs.  My collection isn't losing much without the 'villians' set, the AoA second wave, Shang-Chi (you can get the whole thing on clearance already), Mr. Hyde, Joe Fixit, etc.  

I guess it all worked out in the end.  

Some people who have received their Haslab Marvel Legends Sentinel have reported having loose knees on the figure right out of the box. This only seem to be a problem for some folks but Robo has posted a video with what appears to be a fairly fix to the problem.

There is a grey circle piece on the out knees (elbows as well) that can be popped off that reveals a screw. If you tighten the screw, that seems to fix the problem at least temporarily. It's not clear if the screw will remain tight if you move the figure around a lot, and yes one could argue it's ridiculous to have such a problem with a $350 figure right out of the box, but never-the-less hopefully this will do the job and is fairly simple to do.

Not that I'm interested in ordering, but why couldn't Hasbro take another batch of orders? They have the molds and apparently that's one of the big expenses. The next batch would have a lot more profit for them since the molds are already done and don't have to be paid for again. They could run it for a month, take a bunch of orders and buy a wheelbarrow to carry all the cash they'd make.

On 9/12/2021 at 8:27 PM, ransomz said:

Not that I'm interested in ordering, but why couldn't Hasbro take another batch of orders? They have the molds and apparently that's one of the big expenses. The next batch would have a lot more profit for them since the molds are already done and don't have to be paid for again. They could run it for a month, take a bunch of orders and buy a wheelbarrow to carry all the cash they'd make.

Mostly because it would break the whole Haslab system. They’ve told their customers that these items would not be available afterward the initial offering. You would have a tremendous number of angry buyers from the initial run if they suddenly changed their minds. 

And for those who say “Well Hasbro doesn’t care how their customers feel!”, they do if it impacts their sales. And the next time a Haslab project is trying to get funded, their backer numbers will take a huge hit because everyone will just assume they’ll be able to buy it later. The FOMO is a big driver for a lot of people. As well as the backers who buy multiples specifically to sell later. 

On 9/13/2021 at 1:49 AM, glhshelby said:

Mostly because it would break the whole Haslab system. They’ve told their customers that these items would not be available afterward the initial offering. You would have a tremendous number of angry buyers from the initial run if they suddenly changed their minds. 

And for those who say “Well Hasbro doesn’t care how their customers feel!”, they do if it impacts their sales. And the next time a Haslab project is trying to get funded, their backer numbers will take a huge hit because everyone will just assume they’ll be able to buy it later. The FOMO is a big driver for a lot of people. As well as the backers who buy multiples specifically to sell later. 

Not only that  but they could be sued for breaking the terms of the HasLab . HasLab is to offer one-off releases, re-releasing it, would break those terms