Jump to content

Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan First Friday Live-Stream Video - Haslab Sentinel Project Revealed


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, JayC said:

Below is a look at Dwight showing off the upcoming Haslab Marvel Legends Sentinel during Thursdays pre-Hasbro Fest live-stream as well as some new package images posted by Hasbro's Ryan Ting. Check out the images below.

Haslab-Sentinel 1.jpg

Haslab-Sentinel 2.jpg

Haslab-Sentinel.jpg

Missing the piping and cables and such around the abdomen. I'm sure it's just a sample, tho, so no real worries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The 'test' they did was the Sentinel.  It had a very low requirement for funding and surpassed all expectations--otherwise, I suspect we probably *would* be seeing more vehicles.  They've done the barge, they've done the Mando ship, vehicles are proven sellers.  But big robots?  Again, Sentinel paved the way for Galactus.  And, while I believe there may be a few hundred fans stoked to see some random Marvel vehicle, I promise you there will be 40k+ who won't touch it, specifically because they're wanting Galactus.  

There's plenty of time to make a Quinjet.  Let's give people what they've actually been asking for the last 5 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

Let me preface by saying I DO believe it's Galactus.

 

but

But....

BUT..........

I could see a scenario where they try to market the Fantasticar as a test balloon to see how vehicles might sell in the HasLab format, though I think they'd be better off starting with either a Blackbird or Quinjet if they were trying to go that route.

 

Again, that said, I'm pretty sure it's Galactus.

Agree about Galactus, but....

A Fantasticar might be cheaper (than the Sentinel) and thus a bigger draw for collectors, and while its built for four, remember that it has (depending on version) detachable separate modules, and at least one has to be big enough to hold the Thing (or maybe two other 6" figures? maybe not). I don't see making the vehicle would prohibit Galactus down the line. One thing we know, the Hasbro guys don't always do things we "expect" them to (which is why Ultron is in an Iron Man wave) but I think fans will snap up either option. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally leaned towards the HasLab being the Fantasticar, but now I'm leaning towards Galactus. I don't think price would matter to them, collectibles have skyrocketed since the pandemic. But the main reason I'm leaning towards Galactus now is because I just watched the Legends livestream and Ryan hinted at the "ominous" music that was playing during the HasLab video of the FF4. That would suggest more Galactus than the Fantasticar. And I know it wouldn't happen but wouldn't it be crazy if the Fantasticar was an ultimate tier unlock for a Galactus HasLab!!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Virtualzach said:

The 'test' they did was the Sentinel.  It had a very low requirement for funding and surpassed all expectations--otherwise, I suspect we probably *would* be seeing more vehicles.  They've done the barge, they've done the Mando ship, vehicles are proven sellers.  But big robots?  Again, Sentinel paved the way for Galactus.  And, while I believe there may be a few hundred fans stoked to see some random Marvel vehicle, I promise you there will be 40k+ who won't touch it, specifically because they're wanting Galactus.  

There's plenty of time to make a Quinjet.  Let's give people what they've actually been asking for the last 5 years.

Vehicles are proven sellers for 3.75" lines.  They've never done a truly "huge" (carrying more than 2 figures) vehicle for any of 6" lines.  Star Wars has gone as big as a TIE Fighter and/or Snowspeeder but would probably have to HasLab up anything larger than those.

10 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Agree about Galactus, but....

A Fantasticar might be cheaper (than the Sentinel) and thus a bigger draw for collectors, and while its built for four, remember that it has (depending on version) detachable separate modules, and at least one has to be big enough to hold the Thing (or maybe two other 6" figures? maybe not). I don't see making the vehicle would prohibit Galactus down the line. One thing we know, the Hasbro guys don't always do things we "expect" them to (which is why Ultron is in an Iron Man wave) but I think fans will snap up either option. 

I suspect the Fantasticar would still be at a minimum $200-$300.  HasLab so far isn't for "less expensive" product.  It's largely been for premium product that's as much about bragging rights and "can you believe they made this?" as anything else, at least where their action figure brands are concerned.

 

No, a Fantasticar would not prohibit Galactus down the line, but I am with some of the others that believe it would not sell nearly as well as Galactus, lesser-priced or no.    Not least of the reasons being the Fantastic Four aren't nearly as popular as the X-Men or Avengers at present.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hasbro's Marvel Legends Brand Team Leader Dwight Stall posted up on his Instagram some fun images showing the upcoming Haslab Marvel Legends Sentinel facing off against the Haslab Transformers War For Cybertron Unicron. Who will win?

The Sentinel is supposed to start shipping out to folks who backed it by August of this year.

Haslab-Sentinel-Vs-Unicron-01.jpg

Haslab-Sentinel-Vs-Unicron-02.jpg

Haslab-Sentinel-Vs-Unicron-03.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, JayC said:

Hasbro's Marvel Legends Brand Team Leader Dwight Stall posted up on his Instagram some fun images showing the upcoming Haslab Marvel Legends Sentinel facing off against the Haslab Transformers War For Cybertron Unicron. Who will win?

The Sentinel is supposed to start shipping out to folks who backed it by August of this year.

Haslab-Sentinel-Vs-Unicron-01.jpg

Haslab-Sentinel-Vs-Unicron-02.jpg

Haslab-Sentinel-Vs-Unicron-03.jpg

Who will win? Unicron of course. Still it is insane to see the two together

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Cyke82 said:

Hahah Comparing to the new Haslab, ToyBiz Water Wars Sentinel was totally a joke!!

I mean...that's kind of comparing apples and oranges, or at least apples and pears.  The Water Wars Sentinel was a pretty cool figure at the time, and at least in my headcanon there's room for all different sizes of Sentinels (though it's definitely undersized now).

8 hours ago, Cyke82 said:

And if Galactus is really confirmed as the next Haslab, think it would be cool if they made a Celestial head as an add-on just like they did the Master Mold head for the Sentinel!!

Ehnnn.  The Celestials are unique in their body stylings and coloration as much as their heads.  Just slapping a new head on Galactus does not a Celestial make.  If they're going with alt-heads for Galactus then I'd suspect we get an "unmasked" Galactus head, and maybe two different variants of the helmet (A "classic comic" look and a more kibbled-up "modern" version, maybe).  There's maybe...one? Celestial that you could swap onto Galactus and at least have the colors sort of right (Ziran the Tester).

 

Celestials are generally a whole different ball of wax, though and while I could ALMOST see Hasbro offering up a Celestial Haslab with interchangeable heads, about the only way I could see them managing even a passing attempt at individuality would be with the generous use of those color-changing LEDs like they have in the Sentinel, and even then it would be inaccurate enough that surely a large and vocal chunk of fans would balk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Cyke82 said:

Hahah Comparing to the new Haslab, ToyBiz Water Wars Sentinel was totally a joke!!

I mean comparing a $300+ figure to a what $6 figure is kind of not comparable. Honestly even comparing it to the toybiz baf sentinel is hard because it cost like $60 at retail. The more money, the better it potentially becomes. That guy looks pretty amazing tho. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE