Jump to content

Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan First Friday Live-Stream Video - Haslab Sentinel Project Revealed


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 4/21/2021 at 10:05 AM, Jmacq1 said:

I mean...that's kind of comparing apples and oranges, or at least apples and pears.  The Water Wars Sentinel was a pretty cool figure at the time, and at least in my headcanon there's room for all different sizes of Sentinels (though it's definitely undersized now).

Ehnnn.  The Celestials are unique in their body stylings and coloration as much as their heads.  Just slapping a new head on Galactus does not a Celestial make.  If they're going with alt-heads for Galactus then I'd suspect we get an "unmasked" Galactus head, and maybe two different variants of the helmet (A "classic comic" look and a more kibbled-up "modern" version, maybe).  There's maybe...one? Celestial that you could swap onto Galactus and at least have the colors sort of right (Ziran the Tester).

 

Celestials are generally a whole different ball of wax, though and while I could ALMOST see Hasbro offering up a Celestial Haslab with interchangeable heads, about the only way I could see them managing even a passing attempt at individuality would be with the generous use of those color-changing LEDs like they have in the Sentinel, and even then it would be inaccurate enough that surely a large and vocal chunk of fans would balk.

Yeah, I loved my Water Wars Sentinel by that time too and it is great that we have updated versions with better sculpting and proportions as well!

And I agree with you that Celestial are pretty diferent from Galactus and even among each other. But if there is a way of Hasbro ginving us some Celestial-like figure soon, i think it would be with this Haslab. Of course it wouldnt be perfectly accurate, but maybe some add-ons and color-changing LED lines could make Galactus resemble a little to a Celestial. It would be cool if they make all the Celestials in the future, although i really doubt it and probably i wouldn't afford buying such big and expensive figures heheh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cyke82 said:

Yeah, I loved my Water Wars Sentinel by that time too and it is great that we have updated versions with better sculpting and proportions as well!

That Toybiz Water Wars Wave including Iceman, Storm, and that Sentinel was 🔥

That Iceman can probably fit in an AOA X-men shelf. Pirate Nightcrawler wave with his goatee was kinda weird.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

That Toybiz Water Wars Wave including Iceman, Storm, and that Sentinel was 🔥

That Iceman can probably fit in an AOA X-men shelf. Pirate Nightcrawler wave with his goatee was kinda weird.

I have that Nightcrawler it was the only Kurt I could get when I was a kid, even if he was based on his Excalibur look.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Was the X-men Light-Up Wave before the Water Wars Wave? Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Gambit and Juggernaut were highlights from that for sure. 

The Light-Ups were the year before, but I never saw them. Though the Black and Silver Kurt variant is interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I know this thing is enormous but anyone else feel like other than size this thing isn't anything special? Maybe it's different in motion or in person but to me it's not that much more impressive than the 12 inch legends that all went to clearance a good while back. It's cool that it has accessories and finger articulation but I just don't see anything that screams for that high price tag.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I know this thing is enormous but anyone else feel like other than size this thing isn't anything special? Maybe it's different in motion or in person but to me it's not that much more impressive than the 12 inch legends that all went to clearance a good while back. It's cool that it has accessories and finger articulation but I just don't see anything that screams for that high price tag.

I don’t know, I guess I’m not sure what sort of things you would want in a Sentinel that aren’t being included. It’s huge, has fairly sophisticated lights and sounds, pretty much every accessory a Sentinel could have, and two other full sized, Sentinel related figures. 
 

Don’t get me wrong, $350 is a lot of money. But I think it’s completely inline with other Haslab products. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, glhshelby said:

I don’t know, I guess I’m not sure what sort of things you would want in a Sentinel that aren’t being included. It’s huge, has fairly sophisticated lights and sounds, pretty much every accessory a Sentinel could have, and two other full sized, Sentinel related figures. 
 

Don’t get me wrong, $350 is a lot of money. But I think it’s completely inline with other Haslab products. 

I don't know. It does have all the bells and whistles but that price tag is still kinda nuts to me. Maybe if I liked the X-Books more I'd understand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I don't know. It does have all the bells and whistles but that price tag is still kinda nuts to me. Maybe if I liked the X-Books more I'd understand.

It is a high price but its in keeping with similar products on the market today. The size is what pretty much makes is unique and hence on Haslab. Its cool but I wouldn't fault anyone who choose to pass on it because of price.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I know this thing is enormous but anyone else feel like other than size this thing isn't anything special? Maybe it's different in motion or in person but to me it's not that much more impressive than the 12 inch legends that all went to clearance a good while back. It's cool that it has accessories and finger articulation but I just don't see anything that screams for that high price tag.

Hasbro did the 16' Sentinel for the MU line back in 2010 but it also worked perfectly alongside the 2005 TB BAF Sentinel. My only complaint with it was that they sacrificed the mid torso articulation in lue of the 🔔 and whistles voice chip & light up eyes/chest.  They should've done a deluxe/exclusive 16' tall Classic JB based DOFP Sentinel via The pulse or Amazon for $69.99. just throw in a capture coil & plasma blast & it would've been 6+ purchases for me. A 27' tall ($400+s&h) figure is a serious no buy for me, regardless if it came with two 6' figs, coil & BD head/hand. Master mold head was not essential unless you're just buying 1 Sentinel for that purpose, but to buy multiples to army build, then a palm blaster effect or BD chest piece woulda been better to include. Luckily my buddy down south makes 3D printed classic Sentinels & my dreams of owning classic Sentinels is now a reality.

1331114594_DOFPSentinel3.thumb.jpg.5a5ae626a1d7ef43767be6e1e1d109b6.jpg1863257328_DOFPSentinel4.thumb.jpg.5a1424de1921707446cb0d5af7e204e3.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, JayC said:

It is a high price but its in keeping with similar products on the market today. The size is what pretty much makes is unique and hence on Haslab. Its cool but I wouldn't fault anyone who choose to pass on it because of price.

I guess that's true. I bought (and later sold) a few of Hot Toys Predator figures that come with tons of accessories and lights and they cost around 200-250.

9 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Hasbro did the 16' Sentinel for the MU line back in 2010 but it also worked perfectly alongside the 2005 TB BAF Sentinel. My only complaint with it was that they sacrificed the mid torso articulation in lue of the 🔔 and whistles voice chip & light up eyes/chest.  They should've done a deluxe/exclusive 16' tall Classic JB based DOFP Sentinel via The pulse or Amazon for $69.99. just throw in a capture coil & plasma blast & it would've been 6+ purchases for me. A 27' tall ($400+s&h) figure is a serious no buy for me, regardless if it came with two 6' figs, coil & BD head/hand. Master mold head was not essential unless you're just buying 1 Sentinel for that purpose, but to buy multiples to army build, then a palm blaster effect or BD chest piece woulda been better to include. Luckily my buddy down south makes 3D printed classic Sentinels & my dreams of owning classic Sentinels is now a reality.

1331114594_DOFPSentinel3.thumb.jpg.5a5ae626a1d7ef43767be6e1e1d109b6.jpg1863257328_DOFPSentinel4.thumb.jpg.5a1424de1921707446cb0d5af7e204e3.jpg

Oh wow, that's cool! And yeah, to me the ideal Sentinel display would be at least 2 or 3 and the MU one worked especially for that. I personally don't need the scale of the Haslab but I guess the people who can afford it are going to be super excited to have something that huge in their collection. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I guess that's true. I bought (and later sold) a few of Hot Toys Predator figures that come with tons of accessories and lights and they cost around 200-250.

Oh wow, that's cool! And yeah, to me the ideal Sentinel display would be at least 2 or 3 and the MU one worked especially for that. I personally don't need the scale of the Haslab but I guess the people who can afford it are going to be super excited to have something that huge in their collection. 

Majority are buying it to probably keep 1 & sell off the rest for double what they paid for. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, sentinelofliberty41 said:

I don't know. It does have all the bells and whistles but that price tag is still kinda nuts to me. Maybe if I liked the X-Books more I'd understand.

That’s fair. I was an X-men guy growing up, and I never liked the design of the Universe Sentinel, so this is right up my alley. On the other hand, I know a lot of people are dying for them to do a similarly sized Galactus, but that’s one I couldn’t care less about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, glhshelby said:

That’s fair. I was an X-men guy growing up, and I never liked the design of the Universe Sentinel, so this is right up my alley. On the other hand, I know a lot of people are dying for them to do a similarly sized Galactus, but that’s one I couldn’t care less about. 

Right. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. If they talk Giant Man, I might start caring more, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, glhshelby said:

That’s fair. I was an X-men guy growing up, and I never liked the design of the Universe Sentinel, so this is right up my alley. On the other hand, I know a lot of people are dying for them to do a similarly sized Galactus, but that’s one I couldn’t care less about. 

Yeah same thing with me. Just for the price(especially in CAD) I'd rather track down toybiz Sentinel since it is easier to army build. But I'd definitely get a haslab Galactus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE