Jump to content

Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan First Friday Live-Stream Video - Haslab Sentinel Project Revealed


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 9/13/2021 at 1:49 AM, glhshelby said:

Mostly because it would break the whole Haslab system. They’ve told their customers that these items would not be available afterward the initial offering. You would have a tremendous number of angry buyers from the initial run if they suddenly changed their minds. 
 

And for those who say “Well Hasbro doesn’t care how their customers feel!”, they do if it impacts their sales. And the next time a Haslab project is trying to get funded, their backer numbers will take a huge hit because everyone will just assume they’ll be able to buy it later. The FOMO is a big driver for a lot of people. As well as the backers who buy multiples specifically to sell later. 

Not only that  but they could be sued for breaking the terms of the HasLab . HasLab is to offer one-off releases, re-releasing it, would break those terms

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 3:36 AM, leokearon said:

Not only that  but they could be sued for breaking the terms of the HasLab . HasLab is to offer one-off releases, re-releasing it, would break those terms

So a couple things:

1.  I'm pretty sure there is absolutely NOWHERE in the HasLab where it states they will never, ever make these items available again.  In fact I'm pretty sure Hasbro's public statements have been more to the effect of "We have no current plans to rerelease it." with the unspoken "But we totally could, if we wanted to."  HasLab isn't necessarily "one off releases" so much as "Product we don't feel we could get on to traditional retail shelves."  

2.  Even if there were someplace HasLab did actually state they were never going to make "this product" again, all they have to do is slap a slightly different (or greatly different) paint scheme on it, or package it say, without the same combination of figures/extra parts (and an updated price point) and technically it's a "new product" using the same mold.  

Basically what I'm saying is a lawsuit over this would get laughed out of court.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 5:10 AM, Jmacq1 said:

".... absolutely NOWHERE in the HasLab where it states they will never, ever make these items available again....basically ... this would get laughed out of court...."

I'm gonna have to Matt Murdock this thing for ya. HasLab didn't enter into any legal contract with the people that were fleeced bought (just kidding, guys) these projects.  At best, they made a Statement....which is not a contract: "If one party makes a statement or a promise that causes another party to rely on that statement in such a way that he or she is financially injured by that reliance, then a court will enforce the statement as if it was a completed contract..." The guy that plunks down $500.00 for a toy isn't financially suffering, just because he thought he entered some tier of the Elite Chosen Few, and now others can buy the exact same toy.

Better Call Saul.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2021 at 9:56 PM, Atlantis said:

I'm gonna have to Matt Murdock this thing for ya. HasLab didn't enter into any legal contract with the people that were fleeced bought (just kidding, guys) these projects.  At best, they made a Statement....which is not a contract: "If one party makes a statement or a promise that causes another party to rely on that statement in such a way that he or she is financially injured by that reliance, then a court will enforce the statement as if it was a completed contract..." The guy that plunks down $500.00 for a toy isn't financially suffering, just because he thought he entered some tier of the Elite Chosen Few, and now others can buy the exact same toy.

Better Call Saul.

There is nothing legally preventing Hasbro from selling a Haslab figure at retail down the road. They often stress this is the only way you will get it but there is nothing binding legally for that. While it's not impossible to see something like say Galactus re-released at retail down the road it also isn't likely and certainly wouldnt happen for many many years. The unlikely part is due to the fact the reason they go the Haslab route to begin with is because these huge really expensive items just don't fit with what places like Target and Walmart are willing to carry. In Walmart and Targets eyes they would never sell enough to justify carrying it and being big they take up lots of valuable shelf space. If Hasbro thought they could get a Walmart or Target to carry a ML Galactus they would sell it there in a heartbeat. They would certainly sell a lot more to Target and Walmart than they would doing directly on Haslab.

As for the many years part, while legally there would be nothing preventing them from reselling it elsewhere tomorrow, it would hurt them from a marketing perspective if they did. If they set the precedent and people thought the likely hood was great something like Galactus would be offered again they would be less likely to buy it on Haslab. The perception that if you dont buy it now you will never be able to get it again would vanish so its not really in their benefit to turn around and resell it elsewhere anytime soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2021 at 5:46 AM, JayC said:

There is nothing legally preventing Hasbro from selling a Haslab figure at retail down the road. They often stress this is the only way you will get it but there is nothing binding legally for that. While it's not impossible to see something like say Galactus re-released at retail down the road it also isn't likely and certainly wouldnt happen for many many years. The unlikely part is due to the fact the reason they go the Haslab route to begin with is because these huge really expensive items just don't fit with what places like Target and Walmart are willing to carry. In Walmart and Targets eyes they would never sell enough to justify carrying it and being big they take up lots of valuable shelf space. If Hasbro thought they could get a Walmart or Target to carry a ML Galactus they would sell it there in a heartbeat. They would certainly sell a lot more to Target and Walmart than they would doing directly on Haslab.

As for the many years part, while legally there would be nothing preventing them from reselling it elsewhere tomorrow, it would hurt them from a marketing perspective if they did. If they set the precedent and people thought the likely hood was great something like Galactus would be offered again they would be less likely to buy it on Haslab. The perception that if you dont buy it now you will never be able to get it again would vanish so its not really in their benefit to turn around and resell it elsewhere anytime soon.

Yeah, I would expect that if any of these things get re-released, it's gonna be a minimum of four or five years after initial delivery before they pop up, and will almost certainly be limited run exclusives of one type or another, probably on Hasbro Pulse or convention-specific only.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2021 at 9:37 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Hmm well that’s something to know. Mine are loose af. 🙄

During the Fan First Monday video, a few people noticed Dwight's Sentinel laying back on the couch. Probably because the knees are too weak to support it. 

LOL   just kidding....I think....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they really are loose right out of the box, that's obviously a problem.  But I know some people will open ML figures up, pose them for hours and effectively loosen them up themselves...then complain about it.  Heck, just reading some of the Amazon reviews is enough to make me smh; these aren't toys meant to be smashed around and beaten up.  Even on the Sentinel review videos, I can't help but to cringe a bit when watching owners display joint articulation, literally working the joints a dozen times and then posing them 20 different ways.  You buy it, unbox it (or not), display it and leave it alone.  Any figure or product in general with a moving joint is going to wear down.  Especially when it's three feet tall, made of plastic, and supporting a decent amount of weight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2021 at 5:39 PM, Virtualzach said:

If they really are loose right out of the box, that's obviously a problem.  But I know some people will open ML figures up, pose them for hours and effectively loosen them up themselves...then complain about it.  Heck, just reading some of the Amazon reviews is enough to make me smh; these aren't toys meant to be smashed around and beaten up.  Even on the Sentinel review videos, I can't help but to cringe a bit when watching owners display joint articulation, literally working the joints a dozen times and then posing them 20 different ways.  You buy it, unbox it (or not), display it and leave it alone.  Any figure or product in general with a moving joint is going to wear down.  Especially when it's three feet tall, made of plastic, and supporting a decent amount of weight.

If you buy action figures just to "unbox or not, display and leave alone", you might as well just but statues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2021 at 4:16 PM, Gigantor said:

If you buy action figures just to "unbox or not, display and leave alone", you might as well just but statues. 

You're not following the same logic here.  What I'm saying is, and this applies to most products, if you're going to sit there and screw around with it until it starts to loosen up, don't be surprised.  How many people here do you think actually *play* with these figures versus how many pose them once or twice and then they stay on a shelf for months or years?  No one is saying you shouldn't be able to pose them.  But if someone is sitting there on cam for 20 mins flexing the wrist back and forth, over and over again and then it finally looses some of it's rigidity--congratulations, you just broke your figure.  It didn't "come loose", you made it that way.  

I just want to make sure that distinction is clear.  A lot of people will say "My figure was loose right out of the box" but neglect to mention that they spent two days creating dioramas with it and that their kid happened to play with it for a few hours.  There is no Marvel Legend that, upon repeated flexing and posing, will continue to stay rigid and perfectly posable forever.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2021 at 5:22 PM, Atlantis said:

During the Fan First Monday video, a few people noticed Dwight's Sentinel laying back on the couch. Probably because the knees are too weak to support it. 

LOL   just kidding....I think....

Haha hey, maybe so! 🤷‍♂️
Mine actually isn’t any worse than Robo’s…. but still.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2021 at 7:34 PM, Virtualzach said:

You're not following the same logic here.  What I'm saying is, and this applies to most products, if you're going to sit there and screw around with it until it starts to loosen up, don't be surprised.  How many people here do you think actually *play* with these figures versus how many pose them once or twice and then they stay on a shelf for months or years?  No one is saying you shouldn't be able to pose them.  But if someone is sitting there on cam for 20 mins flexing the wrist back and forth, over and over again and then it finally looses some of it's rigidity--congratulations, you just broke your figure.  It didn't "come loose", you made it that way.  

I just want to make sure that distinction is clear.  A lot of people will say "My figure was loose right out of the box" but neglect to mention that they spent two days creating dioramas with it and that their kid happened to play with it for a few hours.  There is no Marvel Legend that, upon repeated flexing and posing, will continue to stay rigid and perfectly posable forever.  

While obviously not including any haslab, marvel legends in general should be able to hold up to play because they are aimed at kids for play.  Just ask them? I have and they continue to say kids make up 80% of their products purchased . That includes adults buying for kids. So it doesn’t make sense that they shouldn’t be designed with play in mind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE