Jump to content
JayC

Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan First Friday Live-Stream Video - Haslab Sentinel Project Revealed

Recommended Posts

I gotta say I love all of the people talking about having to justify buying this with their spouse, it's so funny sometimes being an adult collector for this very reason, like sorry I can't pay the hydro bill I just bought two light up noise making giant 26'' robot figures

I told my girlfriend about this and before I even got to the part of I'm not planning on getting one, her eyes rolled so far back in her head she looked possessed, she sighed and said...yeah whatever, and then told me to stop talking about figures for 20 minutes, since she had just groaned looking up for her book 20 minutes earlier when I was on the phone pre-ordering things from EBgames, and the thing is she collects figures to hahah

I could only imagine all of you who are buying one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I can justify it to the wife so long as I get her something too of equal or greater value, lol, which is fair enough. Now, whether or not I can do that this time around...well, we'll see, but by eyes of Galactus, I must have this!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is it true that everyone who's a member of this forum and responds on this thread gets one haslab Sentinel free? Not a bad deal, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they release Bastion again at some point. I mean the Sentinel looks freaking awesome but can't afford it (2 weddings and Christmas coming) and I just want Bastion. 

Although if the tier level adds more characters I think it would be great. A second Prime Sentinel, Omega Sentinel, Hodge, Monster Sentinels or any Trask.

@JayC is it safe to assume that there will be comic figure also revealed on Tuesday and that the stuff they have reveal will go up to pre-order as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can afford the Sentinel, and I like it a lot, but right now I have no idea where I would put it.  Gotta do some thinking...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

Hopefully this means good things for Leopardon.

fb950769d079e0d5850043ba010f6586.jpg

I think that one of the grey area of Spider-man. Marvel only own part of it, Toei own the other part so it's a bit hard to liscence it since they both have different companies making toys for it. Hasbro for Marvel and Bandai for Toei.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering what happens if I cancel the order after it's backing period. Do I loose the money? I don't think it's clear in the FAQ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With news of house of x/powers of x line..Seems the nimrod 3 pack's psylocke version is turning out to be a lazy repaint because it will be the Hellion version 

20200711_093141.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will for sure get 2 Maybe have my girl Charge 2 on her card as well .  I did get the a typical eye roll and the sarcastic more figures scott really , yes really baby , buy her another guitar and she’ll chill that lil ass out .. I love being an adult with money .... EPIC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bluecomet said:

With news of house of x/powers of x line..Seems the nimrod 3 pack's psylocke version is turning out to be a lazy repaint because it will be the Hellion version 

20200711_093141.jpg

General thought it was going to be a lazy X-Force repaint, but with Hasbro going full force on House of X and we know the Nimrod is influenced by House of X
 

02__scaled_600.jpg



I hope we get one of these. In the comics Elizabeth Braddock who was the original Psylocke became the new Captain Britain.
 

Psylocke__scaled_600.jpg



And the name Psylocke was being used by the character formerly known as Kwannon.
 

Kwannon__scaled_600.jpg



Fantomex's look as far as I know has not significantly changed since the last time we got him in the Marvel Legends line, but Hasbro would likely update the buck used for that one.
 

gsxmenfantomex__scaled_600.jpg



While the House of X wave may not get revealed until Toy Fair time, Hasbro should be giving us full details on the Nimrod figure sometime this month, so we should know before to long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Much more interested in that Bastion, hopefully he gets a rerelease on his own, with the $14.99 army-builder price. 

Also more interested in the X-men movie toys coming July 14th. Not sure if that simply meant the already-revealed figures will be available for pre-orders then. But hopefully they reveal a multi-pack of Cyclops, Storm and Jean with either their X1 or X2 looks.

Plus the reveal of a whole wave of HOX/POX next year. I think they mentioned new characters (?) so I think that means the Rasputin and the Nightcrawler-looking fella whose name escapes me, and new looks, so hoping for an Xavier with a Cerebro headset, White Magneto, Marvel Girl, Cyclops AND M (!)

They also mentioned a HOX/POX BAF. Who do you guys think that is? Hopefully not that dumb tree guy. And hopefully not another Apocalypse. Wonder what they can do with Krakoa...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Much more interested in that Bastion, hopefully he gets a rerelease on his own, with the $14.99 army-builder price. 

Also more interested in the X-men movie toys coming July 14th. Not sure if that simply meant the already-revealed figures will be available for pre-orders then. But hopefully they reveal a multi-pack of Cyclops, Storm and Jean with either their X1 or X2 looks.

Plus the reveal of a whole wave of HOX/POX next year. I think they mentioned new characters (?) so I think that means the Rasputin and the Nightcrawler-looking fella whose name escapes me, and new looks, so hoping for an Xavier with a Cerebro headset, White Magneto, Marvel Girl, Cyclops AND M (!)

They also mentioned a HOX/POX BAF. Who do you guys think that is? Hopefully not that dumb tree guy. And hopefully not another Apocalypse. Wonder what they can do with Krakoa...

You know Big Head Prof X and prob Cyclops and maybe white Magneto and Wolverine will make the line. Maybe a new Storm to. Was Mojo actually in the story at all??? I only read part of it, I didnt finish it. Rachel and Jean Grey seem like good bets to.

5xabq3pdpqk31.jpg

71zKJTQ4BuL.jpg

522840aeb062f530aaf0465f554059e9.jpg

HouseOfXPowersOfX_1__scaled_600.jpg

houspower6connecting__66003.1574806751.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh and the Sentinel is already over 4k backers in less than 24hrs so I think its pretty def it will get funded and likely reach all 3 unlockable goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A HOX/POX wave sounds great, but it would be even better with a wave from each book. Moira MacTaggert would be an absolute must. She's basically the star. They'd probably give us the walking Prof X and white Magneto which I really wouldn't care too much about. Omega Sentinel seems like a good possibility. It would also be a good opportunity to make figures of characters that had been dead for a long time and brought back (like Destiny!). The Cardinal would seem likely as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if they'd make a Moira, even if she is the "star." Besides the fact that her looks in this series aren't very iconic, she's basically a character in civilian clothing. We're only getting our first ever Gwen Stacy this year, our first MJ a few years ago, and we still don't have an Aunt May (not to mention a Ben Parker).

Would love a Destiny!

28 minutes ago, JayC said:

You know Big Head Prof X and prob Cyclops and maybe white Magneto and Wolverine will make the line. Maybe a new Storm to. Was Mojo actually in the story at all??? I only read part of it, I didnt finish it. Rachel and Jean Grey seem like good bets to.

I'd rather get a Rachel Summers/Hound Phoenix than her in that HoX/PoX costume.

Yea I think Xavier and Magneto are safe bets. Jean's Marvel Girl look from HoX/PoX is also LONG overdue so I would think she's a good candidate. This would also be a good excuse (not like they needed one) to release a Corsair. And you're right, one slot will be for Wolverine (ugh).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much do you want to bet that Hasbro is going to shove another Wolverine in the wave? (Please no!) I would like to see a Rictor, Ape-Beast, Domino, Cyclops, Sage, White Magneto and X (Professor X). My BAF choice would be Krakoa. I can't think of a large character to be the BAF that Hasbro hasn't done or announce. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great looking Sentinel. Too bad he's too huge & costs more than I can afford. I would be interested in army building Bastion with the Sentinel heads on. I'd get 6-12 of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first reaction is the price tag is too high for a toy. At the end of the day it feels like even with the add ons it could be sold for about 100 / 150 less. Although BBTS is selling it for near $500!!!!

That being said, it looks amazing. Simply amazing. I feel no pressure to buy, it’s one of the coolest things in the Legends collection but don’t collect XMen, so huge savings for me. Now if it were a Giant Man, MCU or comic, I’d begrudgingly purchase. Would still hate the price tag but would feel more urgency to purchase

got the old MARVEL UNIVERSE Sentinel and while also cool has been in storage since purchase. 

Do like the scale of the HasLab one, the Amazon repaint ( I believe the same as the MU version) is passable so while I’d love to own the new one, I cannot justify the price tag. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sentinel looks great & on point with the comics, the price is justified considering the scale & size of it. Unfortunately there appears to be no shipping outside of U.S., so international ordering is slightly questionable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Niiiiiiice damn It is pricey but I feel like I can easily sell off a couple/few things to get 1, maybe 2 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, leokearon said:

That would annoy me even more

Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JayC said:

General thought it was going to be a lazy X-Force repaint, but with Hasbro going full force on House of X and we know the Nimrod is influenced by House of X
 

02__scaled_600.jpg



I hope we get one of these. In the comics Elizabeth Braddock who was the original Psylocke became the new Captain Britain.
 

Psylocke__scaled_600.jpg



And the name Psylocke was being used by the character formerly known as Kwannon.
 

Kwannon__scaled_600.jpg



Fantomex's look as far as I know has not significantly changed since the last time we got him in the Marvel Legends line, but Hasbro would likely update the buck used for that one.
 

gsxmenfantomex__scaled_600.jpg



While the House of X wave may not get revealed until Toy Fair time, Hasbro should be giving us full details on the Nimrod figure sometime this month, so we should know before to long.

I hope it won't be a lazy repaint...just can't seem to make sense of the Captain Britain Betsy with Fantomex......anyways it is not necessary for 3 packs to be closely associated to each other... Captain Britain Betsy is a must for House of X/Powers of X wave...

...with J Hickman being an architect of X-men...who knows, maybe in the Giant Size X-men Fantomex, Capt Brit Betsy will appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, McHogan said:

My first reaction is the price tag is too high for a toy. At the end of the day it feels like even with the add ons it could be sold for about 100 / 150 less...got the old MARVEL UNIVERSE Sentinel and while also cool has been in storage since purchase....Do like the scale of the HasLab one, the Amazon repaint ( I believe the same as the MU version) is passable so while I’d love to own the new one, I cannot justify the price tag. 

 

 

Agree; cant justify the price tag and not really taken by the whole "go fund me /crowd funding" flavor Hasbro's presenting this project as. As if they need a kickstarter to get this thing out there, what, they cant afford to make it on their own? Please! Yeah its a nice ploy to draw fans in, but guys please lets be honest, youre gonna see this thing again, especially the 6" "bonus" figure it comes with. Then there's the whole "if I don't get it now, it'll be $500+ on the after market". True enough, but is it actually WORTH all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE