Jump to content
JayC

Hasbro 2020 SDCC Marvel Legends Exclusives Coming To Walmart?!?

Recommended Posts

This coming Tuesday we expect Hasbro to finally give us all the details on their two 2020 SDCC Exclusive Marvel Legends items which are expected to be X-Men comic and X-Men movie based. Rumors suggest the comic based on will have something to do with the Hellfire Club.

Since the actual San Diego Comic Con itself has been canceled, at least the physical version, many have been wondering how or where they will be able to get their hands on Hasbro's exclusives this year.

Well Walmart has launched a Comic-Con exclusive section on their website which features a countdown clock showing just over 4 days until launch (As I post this). This section appears to be an area comprised of various 2020 SDCC exclusives Walmart will be selling this year from various companies. While no actual product for Hasbro is yet listed, there is this banner on display there that has logos for several Hasbro brands including Marvel Legends.

While it seems like a good bet Walmart will be a place to get Hasbro's exclusives, it's not clear if all of Hasbro's exclusives will be offered through Walmart or if Walmart is the only place people will be able to get them. It also isn't clear if any of these exclusives will be available at physical stores or just online. All those details I am sure will be made available on Tuesday.

Screenshot_2020-07-12 Collectibles.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironically this is actually good for those living In Ireland as UK etailers always get Walmart exclusives.

BUT I can already see the #$## storm that's coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh God Dammit....please let this not be the only place you can get the SDCC exclusives.  Because it will be a monumental shitstorm, especially with "limit 10" which you know is going to be the case.

If this turns out to be true, I'm pretty sure most of us can kiss any chance of getting the Hellfire Club set for a reasonable price goodbye.

HOWEVER:  I'm going to take the optimist's path and suggest this is just a landing spot for a bunch of would-have-been-announced at SDCC Exclusives...not the SDCC exclusives themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jmacq1 said:

Oh God Dammit....please let this not be the only place you can get the SDCC exclusives.  Because it will be a monumental shitstorm, especially with "limit 10" which you know is going to be the case.

If this turns out to be true, I'm pretty sure most of us can kiss any chance of getting the Hellfire Club set for a reasonable price goodbye.

HOWEVER:  I'm going to take the optimist's path and suggest this is just a landing spot for a bunch of would-have-been-announced at SDCC Exclusives...not the SDCC exclusives themselves.

I wouldnt be surprised if like the X-Men movie based one was sold at Walmart and the Hellfire Club on HasbroPulse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guarantee it will be the movie X-Men that Walmart gets...Hellfire Club makes more sense for Amazon, like the Alpha Flight set. Walmart would want product with mass appeal, Hellfire Club is more niche like. My two cents!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tarot said:

Ironically this is actually good for those living In Ireland as UK etailers always get Walmart exclusives.

BUT I can already see the #$## storm that's coming.

Consider it already here. Over this weekend I've dragged my butt to every Wamart in a three city area looking for G.I. Joe figures, and haven't found JACK. Why anyone would try and sell through this company is beyond me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, this is gonna SUUUUUCK.....just spent $100 on those Kenner Ghostbusters cause they never showed up in stores, Haven't seen a single NECA movie turtle, still waiting of Masters of the WWE Universe Series 1 to hit shelves, but tell me again how Walmart is "A great retail partner"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tarot said:

Ironically this is actually good for those living In Ireland as UK etailers always get Walmart exclusives.

BUT I can already see the #$## storm that's coming.

That's true, even some of the Irish Comic shops have managed to get some Walmart exclusives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, this is definitely bad news for a lot of collectors as WM is of course very hit-or-miss with both preorders  (which is especially awtful) and finding items in store. I have mostly been able to find WM exclusives when i've looked for them so i'm hopeful that i can find some at my local store but i know others have had lousy experiences.   Altho i still haven'tt seen grey widow in my area but i'm guessing she'll show up sooner or later and i'm not in a rush.

Also, my guess is that this will be kind of like the 80th anniversary sets, where B & M retailers seemingly had no idea what to do with the sets, and they went from briefly being on an endcap to being marked down quickly.  The same was true for 80th Cap and Thor to some extent. So i'm not sure this works out all that well for WM in terms of revenue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hardly ever find any good Marvel Legends figures at Walmart, they ether don't have them, or I already got them on Amazon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Walmart has any intention of putting these exclusives in their stores. From what I can tell, this is an online feeding frenzy of exclusives, on Friday, with the assumption they will all sell out very quickly through the site. Remember, these were produced for a single convention, not for mass distribution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrible Terrible just Terrible news

spacer.png

 

This is only for America, Walmart.com doesn't ship to Canada, so well SOL time

why would they do this why couldn't it have been some retailer who actually cared about collectors?

if anything maybe a bunch of this stuff will float around to a few retailers maybe, in canada but non of that info will be available until every thing is gone, so please please Hasbro nothing cool for SDCC please, because I'm shafted on getting it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Terrible Terrible just Terrible news

spacer.png

 

This is only for America, Walmart.com doesn't ship to Canada, so well SOL time

why would they do this why couldn't it have been some retailer who actually cared about collectors?

if anything maybe a bunch of this stuff will float around to a few retailers maybe, in canada but non of that info will be available until every thing is gone, so please please Hasbro nothing cool for SDCC please, because I'm shafted on getting it

 

If it's any consolation, most Americans who try for ANY exclusive through Walmart won't get anything but frustrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh crap, if Walmart is the only place to get them that's gonna suck... Amazon would be better since they tend to make them available to other countries. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DylanRaven055 said:

Oh crap, if Walmart is the only place to get them that's gonna suck... Amazon would be better since they tend to make them available to other countries. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

it would have made more sense to make the Fan Channel Exclusives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hulkwummy said:

I hardly ever find any good Marvel Legends figures at Walmart, they ether don't have them, or I already got them on Amazon.

Yes, on the same boat...Amazon boat..which sometimes is very expensive....the Magik still sells for 60 AUD (42 USD)...the 1 cuckoos sell for almost 50USD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluecomet said:

Yes, on the same boat...Amazon boat..which sometimes is very expensive....the Magik still sells for 60 AUD (42 USD)...the 1 cuckoos sell for almost 50USD

Philly Walgreens are awash with Magiks. I've often thought about clearing a store out here or there to just to help them with getting new inventory in, but I don't think I could even break even selling them over here. Maybe exporting them's the way to go...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DylanRaven055 said:

Oh crap, if Walmart is the only place to get them that's gonna suck... Amazon would be better since they tend to make them available to other countries. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Sad fact is, it sucks all over. No matter where they sell these things finding them is an uphill battle. Between scalpers, on-line retailers who operate like scalpers (among which I count both Amazon AND Walmart), the a---clowns who grab multiples of every figure so they can have one MOC to hang on their wall, repackagers, brick-n-mortar stores to lazy to stock (Walmart again), and crappy distribution by the companies themselves (Hasbro just keeps getting worse), it's getting so honest collectors don't stand a chance . . . never mind the casual guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mako said:

Sad fact is, it sucks all over. No matter where they sell these things finding them is an uphill battle. Between scalpers, on-line retailers who operate like scalpers (among which I count both Amazon AND Walmart), the a---clowns who grab multiples of every figure so they can have one MOC to hang on their wall, repackagers, brick-n-mortar stores to lazy to stock (Walmart again), and crappy distribution by the companies themselves (Hasbro just keeps getting worse), it's getting so honest collectors don't stand a chance . . . never mind the casual guys.

Sadly true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My local Walmart has gotten nearly all the exclusives assigned to them so in that sense I have been very lucky. But it takes a lot of diligence and frequent trips, not sure any of the rumored exclusives are worth the effort this time around.. (for me personally)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE