Hasbro 2020 SDCC Marvel Legends Exclusives Coming To Walmart?!?

JayC

Wal-Mart is the absolute worst choice of retailer- their distribution of exclusives is always poorly handled. Amazon is very consistent. Target is almost always consistent. Hasbro Pulse could work. Wal-Mart is AWFUL (besides just being an overall terrible company)- they are awful for in-store exclusives, awful for online exclusives, and awful for pre-orders. Ugh.

1 hour ago, The Mad Bubbler said:

Wal-Mart is the absolute worst choice of retailer- their distribution of exclusives is always poorly handled. Amazon is very consistent. Target is almost always consistent. Hasbro Pulse could work. Wal-Mart is AWFUL (besides just being an overall terrible company)- they are awful for in-store exclusives, awful for online exclusives, and awful for pre-orders. Ugh.

You forgot them being awful at stocking of regular merchandise, non-existent customer service, and apathetic at best floor personnel.

I actually wonder if the SDCC exclusives will be revealed today or if they will wait until Friday. I know today we will be getting an update on the X-Men movie figures shown at Toy Fair which will be going up for pre-order tomorrow, but I wonder if they will actually reveal the SDCC stuff today as well???

37 minutes ago, JayC said:

I actually wonder if the SDCC exclusives will be revealed today or if they will wait until Friday. I know today we will be getting an update on the X-Men movie figures shown at Toy Fair which will be going up for pre-order tomorrow, but I wonder if they will actually reveal the SDCC stuff today as well???

Well, I can confirm that there is pre-order going up today. Indemandtoys.co.uk has said that there will be stuff for PO at 5pm (UK time). They usually let us know ahead of time when something is coming.

45 minutes ago, JayC said:

I bet you're right, and that the exclusives go up for preorder right as the livestream starts on Friday, ruining all Hasbro's reveals before they happen.  That would seem about in keeping with how these things have been managed of late.

On 7/13/2020 at 7:46 AM, mako said:

Sad fact is, it sucks all over. No matter where they sell these things finding them is an uphill battle. Between scalpers, on-line retailers who operate like scalpers (among which I count both Amazon AND Walmart), the a---clowns who grab multiples of every figure so they can have one MOC to hang on their wall, repackagers, brick-n-mortar stores to lazy to stock (Walmart again), and crappy distribution by the companies themselves (Hasbro just keeps getting worse), it's getting so honest collectors don't stand a chance . . . never mind the casual guys.

Hello Darkness My Old Friend GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
7 hours ago, tarot said:

Odin has worn the same costume as king thor. In fact it is odin's costume that inspired King Thor in the first place.

I don't think so, I know the version we got is definitely Old King Thor w/ and extra Odin head.. Specially considering this is Old King Thor not Odin.

Odin, King of Asgard, Protector of the Nine Realms | Thor art ...

And i would prefer to have and Odin figure that looks more like Odin. 

On 7/12/2020 at 8:08 AM, JayC said:

While it seems like a good bet Walmart will be a place to get Hasbro's exclusives, it's not clear if all of Hasbro's exclusives will be offered through Walmart or if Walmart is the only place people will be able to get them. It also isn't clear if any of these exclusives will be available at physical stores or just online. All those details I am sure will be made available on Tuesday.

I would be very surprised to see Walmart carrying a boxed set of action figures - at least one of which should probably be a beautiful, scantily-clad woman -  emblazoned with the word "hellfire" in their toy department.  If the SDCC exclusive is a Hellfire Club boxed set, and if it is sold exclusively at Walmart (which I don't expect will happen), it would probably have to be online only.

I'm hopeful that a Hellfire Club boxed set would include both the White Queen and the Black Queen with interchangeable Jean Grey and/or Selene and/or Lady Tessa heads.  I'm further hopeful that SDCC-exclusive was intentionally chosen as the avenue of release so that the designers would have freedom to make their costumes as scandalous as they should be.  Kind of like how they probably would not have released that con-exclusive Shanna at mass retail.  Heck, maybe someone can come with a snifter of brandy!

Common sense points to Walmart not being the only game on town for securing anything approaching a properly done Hellfire Club boxed set.  I'd half-expect them to boycott the thing altogether to pacify all of the Karens out there that don't want their precious little Hunter or McKayleigh exposed to the much-too-sexy material that was being sold to children forty years ago.  Huh...now that I think about it, maybe I'm being overly-optimistic counting on common sense.

Common sense points to Walmart not being the only game on town for securing anything approaching a properly done Hellfire Club boxed set.  I'd half-expect them to boycott the thing altogether to pacify all of the Karens out there that don't want their precious little Hunter or McKayleigh exposed to the much-too-sexy material that was being sold to children forty years ago.  Huh...now that I think about it, maybe I'm being overly-optimistic counting on common sense.

This. This amuses me to no end

17 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Who the hell is Karen and why is she boycotting my HELLFIRE Club set? I will bust her up!!

I joke of course and I agree if the Hellfire Club is the exclusive ....then it will be online.

Here's to paying triple retail on "evilbay"

It seems very possible to me that Walmart's use of the word "exclusive" on their website means "exclusive to the virtual convention" and not "exclusive to Walmart".  How is Pulse not going to have it available?  I mean, that's where the convention exclusives normally are, right?  After the show?  Anyway, that's my great hope, but maybe I'm grasping at straws.  Otherwise it very much will be the feeding frenzy mentioned above:

1 hour ago, Benn said:

Guys, none of the information out there points to Walmart carrying these exclusives in-store. It seems like a be-on-the-website-at-exactly-10-and-hope-to-get-lucky sort of affair. Online feeding frenzy only.

Benn, I think you're being too charitable with "at-exactly-10".  I was on the Walgreens website ten minutes early for the last be-here-on-time feeding frenzy only for the thing to have already been sold out for 30 minutes.  And before that, I was on Walmart's website at the appointed hour for their last exclusive and was able to pre-order successfully only to have it canceled months later due to "unusually high demand".  So after having an imaginary conversation with Walmart wherein I explain the very point of collecting pre-orders as well as the importance of customer service in a customer service-based corporation, I remember that the doctor told me not to get that angry anymore. So I broke off that imaginary conversation with some imaginary murders, got drunk, and watched Star Trek to calm down.

The sad fact may be that Hasbro Pulse simply might not be equipped to handle the sheer volume of a full SDCC production run of various exclusives.  Usually they get a tiny fraction of it and the rest sells at the convention.  But we're probably talking runs in the tens of thousands across multiple items.

Basically they (Hasbro Pulse) might not have enough space to store it all.

2 hours ago, MonsterChris said:

Benn, I think you're being too charitable with "at-exactly-10".

You're right, of course. I should have said that their intention was exactly 10. The counter on their website is counting down to 7am, so who knows? I have full confidence in their ability to botch what already sounds like an awful situation. I'm already fully committed to a miserable Friday morning, endlessly refreshing the website of my least favourite retailer of all time from about 6:30 to 10:01am, only to inevitably miss out on a product, the details of which aren't even confirmed, that I'm not sure will even be on sale through this particular venue. The campers I'll be counseling later that day are in for a treat.

16 hours ago, Jmacq1 said:

I bet you're right, and that the exclusives go up for preorder right as the livestream starts on Friday, ruining all Hasbro's reveals before they happen.  That would seem about in keeping with how these things have been managed of late.

I am now counting on this.  The exclusives will go on sale before they're revealed.

15 hours ago, Benn said:

Guys, none of the information out there points to Walmart carrying these exclusives in-store. It seems like a be-on-the-website-at-exactly-10-and-hope-to-get-lucky sort of affair. Online feeding frenzy only.

My closest Walmart has a single Shuri on the shelf - literally the only Legend there. Another has a half dozen each of Shuri & Rock Python, and a third is just Wasp and Maliketh. So, be it an online or in-store exclusive, I'm screwed either way 😁

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
10 minutes ago, PredatorRanger said:

My closest Walmart has a single Shuri on the shelf - literally the only Legend there. Another has a half dozen each of Shuri & Rock Python, and a third is just Wasp and Maliketh. So, be it an online or in-store exclusive, I'm screwed either way 😁

Order online. It is simple and effective. Save time, money and headache or heartache. 

I used to be a hunter, but i realized life is so much better when they are just delivered to me and i cut out the middle man. 

10 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Order online. It is simple and effective. Save time, money and headache or heartache. 

I used to be a hunter, but i realized life is so much better when they are just delivered to me and i cut out the middle man. 

I usually shop online, but some people mentioned the Sugar Man wave being clearanced at Walmart, so I figured it was worth a look. My Target is slightly less pathetic, with 3-4 figures from the new Abomination wave.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
3 hours ago, PredatorRanger said:

I usually shop online, but some people mentioned the Sugar Man wave being clearanced at Walmart, so I figured it was worth a look. My Target is slightly less pathetic, with 3-4 figures from the new Abomination wave.

It's weird how demographics play into which locations get new toys. I usually get the most lucky when my plan was just to grocery shop.  The toys gods are just like nope, you are about to spend money.