X-Men Movie 6" Marvel Legends Pre-Order Info And New Images

JayC

Shown below are new updated images for the upcoming 6" X-Men Movie Marvel Legends figures we first saw back in February during Toy Fair. Shown are the X-Men movie Logan with leather jacket, Mystique from the original X-Men movie and the Professor X and Magneto 2-pack. The 2-pack features headsculpts of both the young and older versions of the characters.

You can pre-order these from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

X-Men-12.jpg

X-Men-13.jpg

X-Men-14.jpg

X-Men-15.jpg

X-Men-16.jpg

X-Men-17.jpg

X-Men-18.jpg

X-Men-19.jpg

X-Men-20.jpg

X-Men-21.jpg

X-Men-22.jpg

X-Men-00.jpg

X-Men-01.jpg

X-Men-02.jpg

X-Men-03.jpg

X-Men-04.jpg

X-Men-05.jpg

X-Men-06.jpg

X-Men-07.jpg

X-Men-08.jpg

X-Men-09.jpg

X-Men-10.jpg

X-Men-11.jpg

X-Men-12.jpg

X-Men-13.jpg

X-Men-14.jpg

X-Men-15.jpg

X-Men-16.jpg

X-Men-17.jpg

These are ok, I did pre-order them but not thrilled with any of them. Really want Hasbro to finish the holes in the MCU ( you know the multi-billion dollar franchise that Hasbro can dip into for character selection) before they began playing with their <ahem> new toys that are the XMen and FF franchises. Would be a waste if these were all the Fox XMen characters we get, 

the designs of the original trilogy don’t hold up in my opinion, I know comic  costumes were a no-no when making comic based movies back when these were released but the “I’m not a comic character” all black leather suits are just bleh... the MCU has done wonderful things with the translation from comic to screen and I’m betting even the most die hard supporters of those early movies would have loved to have had at least elements of classic costumes..

all this being said, I love movie based characters and am interested in seeing where Hasbro takes their various franchises. 

I’m definitely picking up the Mystique figure - she looks perfect. I have to say I’m a bit disappointed with how the others turned out through. The in box pictures of the Wolverine figure don’t look much like Hugh Jackman, compared to what was shown at Toy Fair. I also wish they hadn’t gone the lazy route with Magneto and Professor X. Ian McKellan’s head looks so bizarre on the young magneto body. What we really need is the original line up from the first two movies - that would be awesome!

So let's be real:

The "young" Headsculpts on Xavier and Magneto are awful.  They look like they tried to do some weird blend of Fassbender/De-Aged McKellan and McAvoy/Stewart and both of them just look....wrong.  Particularly helmetless Young Magneto.  The "old" Headsculpts aren't nearly as bad, and at least kinda/sorta resemble who they're supposed to be.  From what I recall the pics from Toy Fair looked a lot closer...did they fail to secure likeness rights in time for production?

Wolverine is OK minus his "O-Face" headsculpt (which is terrible)

And I totally agree with what "the internet" is saying about Mystique:  There is absolutely no reason she should be a $25 figure barring the fact that she's an all-new sculpt.  No BAF Piece, minimal accessories, etc...just seems excessive.

If these are a general release, they're gonna pegwarm hard.  Even as an exclusive I bet some of these are going to get clearanced out big-time. 

Much LESS looking forward to seeing the rumored SDCC Movie-Based pack now.  These simply don't look very good.  Which is a shame because it would have been a nice set to have alongside other Marvel Legends.

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

These are ok, I did pre-order them but not thrilled with any of them. Really want Hasbro to finish the holes in the MCU ( you know the multi-billion dollar franchise that Hasbro can dip into for character selection) before they began playing with their <ahem> new toys that are the XMen and FF franchises.

I agree. There are so many MCU figures we still need, especially from Endgame, which Hasbro has seemingly forgotten about. I like getting these X-movie figures, and I have a feeling we may see Sam Raimi figures in 2022, but it would be nice if Hasbro would finish up what they start in a reasonable timeframe.

25 minutes ago, Ironspider428 said:

I agree. There are so many MCU figures we still need, especially from Endgame, which Hasbro has seemingly forgotten about. I like getting these X-movie figures, and I have a feeling we may see Sam Raimi figures in 2022, but it would be nice if Hasbro would finish up what they start in a reasonable timeframe.

I think Hasbro just kinda has Franchise Fatigue at this point, plus with no new Cap or Iron Man figures to "anchor" the waves (I'm betting that's how they see it), and Phase 4 to focus on I'm betting we won't see anymore Endgame figures till "The First 20 Years" waves in 2028

is it just me or do these face sculpts look a heck of a lot less like the original pictures we saw at toy-fair, and in a bad way, meaning they don't look as good? hmmm, either way I must get Mystique and I will get Wolverine (that yelling-ish face is horrid though), not to sure how much I like the Magneto and Professor at this point they both look a bit goofy, I probably would have been on board with them if they looked as good as the promos looked, what's with Ian Mckellen's wig looking like it's going to fly off, also the fact that there is only one body for magneto (should have given us a old body fig as well else where)..ugh the old head on the new body super weird. I also don't even understand why these are pre-order just release them already, I feel like these have been pegwarming in my mind for months, it's taking to long for all of these X-Movie related figs to drop, I really want the Deadpool movie stuff already.

8 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

is it just me or do these face sculpts look a heck of a lot less like the original pictures we saw at toy-fair, and in a bad way, meaning they don't look as good? hmmm, either way I must get Mystique and I will get Wolverine (that yelling-ish face is horrid though), not to sure how much I like the Magneto and Professor at this point they both look a bit goofy, I probably would have been on board with them if they looked as good as the promos looked, what's with Ian Mckellen's wig looking like it's going to fly off, also the fact that there is only one body for magneto (should have given us a old body fig as well else where)..ugh the old head on the new body super weird. I also don't even understand why these are pre-order just release them already, I feel like these have been pegwarming in my mind for months, it's taking to long for all of these X-Movie related figs to drop, I really want the Deadpool movie stuff already.

I've seen a few photos that made the headsculpts look not so great, bad angles mostly, the Plasma Collection Ghostbusters come to mind, but they're awesome once you have them in hand.

12 minutes ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I've seen a few photos that made the headsculpts look not so great, bad angles mostly, the Plasma Collection Ghostbusters come to mind, but they're awesome once you have them in hand.

Yeah truth is that the only thing that matters is the In-Hand look, I can't even count how many times I've thought a Figure looked so/so or even bad, but then In Hand I was blown away, it's all about the lighthing in these pics, a good example for so much better in hand was the new Black Widow movie figs Yelena and Nat most importantly

3 hours ago, Mavericks said:

And to all of you complaining about why they’d even consider releasing X-men movie figures - calm down. They’ve announced 4 figures for a classic franchise that still has plenty of interest, compared to the countless MCU figures they’ve released and will continue to release. There’s room for both.

Agree room for both. Just want a few spots filled before jumping all in on a new team. And I believe as well there will be much MCU goodness still to come, just impatient 😄 and a little OCD, need rosters completed 

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

You are correct, these recent  pics look little like the original promo pics. It’s a little disheartening but the same can be said for the Black Widow wave to some extent, my Nat and Yelena look pretty great while my Red Guardian seems to be missing his mask 🤣... 

One  can hope that in hand the will look considerably better..