X-Men Movie 6" Marvel Legends Pre-Order Info And New Images

JayC

9 minutes ago, McHogan said:

So this leaves the four Deadpool movie figs as either possible SDCC / Walmart release, correct? That would account for the Fox X movie figs? 

Or were there some I am missing?

No No. they wouldn't reveal those so soon for a SDCC exclusive. Those are coming out to general retail.

18 minutes ago, Hogun said:

That screaming Wolverine face looks horrid. Proof that Hasbro still doesn't know how to make screaming unmasked Wolverine heads.

I mostly agree. I think it is a fine screaming head that looks nothing like Hugh Jackman. Which is fine but since that’s what they were going for it falls way short

saw more pics on a different site, well same pics but somehow all the face likenesses look better. I really think these will be a see them in hand situation, maybe even multiples so we can choose which look best

I’m not as disappointed in these head sculpts as most people seem to be, with the exception of the screaming Logan one, which is simply awful. While I’d like Magneto’s old suit, I’m not too upset with the fact that we only get the younger one, at least for now. I can’t wait for the Deadpool ones to go up. I’m just so excited to finally have X-movie figures to go along with my MCU figures.

Also, for those complaining about the $25 price tag, don’t forget that the MCU 10th anniversary and 80th anniversary waves were also hiked up that much. It’s kinda that premium price tag. I’d assume they will be discounted eventually, possibly even by Christmas.

Absolutely nothing here to justify the price; especially the Mystique figure. They could have at least given it double jointed elbows. Instead, it just induces yawns. I can see Hasbro tried very hard to do well with these faces and in some cases they succeeded, but overall this line up is just blah. Its odd because I should like them way more than I do, but right now I see their Days of Future Past spent as peg warmers….

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Absolutely nothing here to justify the price; especially the Mystique figure. They could have at least given it double jointed elbows. Instead, it just induces yawns. I can see Hasbro tried very hard to do well with these faces and in some cases they succeeded, but overall this line up is just blah. Its odd because I should like them way more than I do, but right now I see their Days of Future Past spent as peg warmers….

I didnt really understand these choices back when they were announced at TF. If your doing figures to celebrate the anniversary of the first X-Men movie why wouldnt you do the X-Men team in their X-Men outfits? Two non-X-Men outfit variants of Logan and Mystique were odd choices to say the least. I almost feel like with mystique the plan was to do the Jennifer Lawrence version and then they ran into problems getting the likeness rights. I suppose likeness rights could have been an issue doing the whole team as well but again these just never impressed me much.

6 hours ago, JayC said:

I didnt really understand these choices back when they were announced at TF. If your doing figures to celebrate the anniversary of the first X-Men movie why wouldnt you do the X-Men team in their X-Men outfits? Two non-X-Men outfit variants of Logan and Mystique were odd choices to say the least. I almost feel like with mystique the plan was to do the Jennifer Lawrence version and then they ran into problems getting the likeness rights. I suppose likeness rights could have been an issue doing the whole team as well but again these just never impressed me much.

Yeah, I was surprised they didn't do a Mystique/Raven 2 pack

10 hours ago, JayC said:

Yea it's weird having a line of X-men figures but only one of them is an actual X-man. And neither of the two(!) Wolverine releases is of him in his costume. Makes you suspect there's a multi-pack coming with the black costumes.

I almost feel like with mystique the plan was to do the Jennifer Lawrence version and then they ran into problems getting the likeness rights. I suppose likeness rights could have been an issue doing the whole team as well but again these just never impressed me much.

I don't know why Hasbro would tackle a JLaw Mystique. Considering this is a 20th Anniversary release I think it makes more sense for it to be of the one that popularized the character.

Besides the tweens who wanted a JLaw figure probably wouldn't be able to tell this one is of Romijn.

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I don't know why Hasbro would tackle a JLaw Mystique. Considering this is a 20th Anniversary release I think it makes more sense for it to be of the one that popularized the character.

Besides the tweens who wanted a JLaw figure probably wouldn't be able to tell this one is of Romijn.

You can feel how you want about the First Class-era X-Men movies. I, for one, find all eras of X-Men movies so far pretty bad. But, come on. First of all, you may prefer Romijn, but there's no question Lawrence "popularized" the character. Mystique barely even had lines until First Class. She was a plot device and martial arts gimmick more than a character. Secondly, First Class came out 9 years ago. The people that movie left an impression on are going to be between the ages of 16 and 34; hardly tweens. Feel the way you feel, but there's no need to belittle others for having different opinions and experiences.

17 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

You’re right. Apologies to the Mystique JLaw fans. I didn’t mean to belittle them. Wasn’t my intention.

I meant to belittle JLaw and her horrid, LAZY performance in those movies which probably banked her quite a bit of money 😛 

That is entirely fair.

On 7/14/2020 at 1:26 PM, Satam said:

Wheels on the professor's chair need x-shaped centers.

Yeah the chair is not movie accurate, Im thinking that hasbro didnt want to spend extra tooling on a more detailed chair, that or they plan to reuse this wheelchair for a Classic Comic Figure of Professor X and just didnt want to make 2 different chairs

Glad im not losing money on this one. Not interested in the least. Correction: maybe if I find them on clearance. These things are literally 10 years past "Give-A-F**k". Maybe I'll pick up a HuJak as Wolvie for memories sake, but I have full confidence the MCU version will be great in its own way. As long as they leave their politics at the door (yeah right). 

To properly celebrate the 20 year anniversary of the ORIGINAL movie I would like to see updates of the Toy Biz figures from the first X-Men movie in the black costumes plus the villains!

-Cyclops

-Jean Grey

-Storm

-Wolverine

-Rogue

-Sabertooth

-Toad

These with Magneto, Professor X and Mystique

All from the first movie!

From the "other movies " add Deathstrike, kitty,iceman, Nightcrawler, Angel and Colossus

4 hours ago, abnuggler said:

Yeah the chair is not movie accurate, Im thinking that hasbro didnt want to spend extra tooling on a more detailed chair, that or they plan to reuse this wheelchair for a Classic Comic Figure of Professor X and just didnt want to make 2 different chairs

Seems lazy/cheap to not just tool up a couple of different hubs to make the chair more versatile.

12 hours ago, McHogan said:

To be clear these are pre -MCU, but the rest of your statement has validity 

I imagine these things were somewhere in the works many years ago, but Hasbro being Disney's "House Boy" decided to take sides in the feud between Fox and Marvel and decided not to produce them, though they'd have been well within the terms of the master license agreement. Good luck trying to sell it off now, though. Not only does nobody care anymore, but the the facial sculpts look like they were done way back, close to the time the first movie figures came out (X2 I think). Personally, I think they just dusted off the molds to the head sculpts they intended to use back then, sprung some cash for some new or tweaked body molds (seriously, is the Prof. X mold just the standard Suit mold?) and called it good.

Not wanting these "Lawn Cookies" is a relief as I just committed a big lump of cash to HasLab for it's Sentinel project. I'll have to save some cash for the set everyone is actually looking forward to, The Hellfire Club.

10 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

To properly celebrate the 20 year anniversary of the ORIGINAL movie I would like to see updates of the Toy Biz figures from the first X-Men movie in the black costumes plus the villains!

-Cyclops

-Jean Grey

-Storm

-Wolverine

-Rogue

-Sabertooth

-Toad

These with Magneto, Professor X and Mystique

All from the first movie!

From the "other movies " add Deathstrike, kitty,iceman, Nightcrawler, Angel and Colossus

Totally agree - that would have been perfect! And it would be a nice touch if they tried to emulate the original packaging of the old figures, kind of like what they did with the recent retro Spider-Man figures. 

I'm thinking about which characters I'd buy from the FoXmen:

-Iceman (Iced up DoFP)

-Colossus(Deadpool)

-Bishop

-Blink

And that's it, I never really liked how most of them looked, what they did on-screen or how they were portrayed... or even who played them... I guess I'm really picky about it 😕

If Hasbro is committed to giving us Fox Xmen movies and not just these few offerings, I mean really going all in, this is what I’d like:

Xmen1: Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Rogue

X2: Colossus, Nightcrawler, Iceman,

X3: Beast, maybe Angel, Kitty 

id be fine with this, pretty much spans the original trilogy, given what has already been revealed. Covers the main team in their “biker” costumes. I could call it good. Don’t need villains or background mutants

As I stated in previous post, would rather Hasbro stick with getting holes in MCU filled but I do like the idea of them revisiting older franchises.