An accidental Marvel Legends Blob reveal?

daveysockrocker

On July 16th, ShartimusPrime did an interview with the Hasbro Marvel Legends Team, and Ryan Ting had a shelf of Marvel Legends behind him and next to the BAF Sugar Man was a Blob figure that seems to have a different shape than the Toybiz version and is too big to be the 90s toybiz version.

I tried to see if there are similarly sized Blob statues but none like that, so maybe a new Blob is coming? It looks painted so maybe its for SDCC?

I've included some screenshots from the video. Sadly Ryan Tings feed is pretty blurry but you can definitely make it out.

What do ya'll think?

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 1.47.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-18 at 1.47.33 AM.png

I dunno. He does look a little different to me too, almost "rounder". I haven't watched the video, but from the capture it almost looks like this is very deliberate. Of course, nothing is for certain, but this seems like something the could do. Supposedly there's a Rogue and Pyro coming out. What if they're just first reveals of some two packs that are on the way? I always said if they were ever gonna redo Blob it would probably be part of a multi pack situation. A few 2 packs involving Psylocke/Nimrod/Fantomex and Rogue/Blob/Pyro sure sound nice and they'd all fit under this new HOX & POX banner. Or we could be just reading way too deep into this. It's always fun to speculate, but being completely off base seems to suck a lot more.

Yeah I dunno, I mean I don't have the old Blob BAF, but it looks like this Blob BAF does seem more rounded, as well as the taller than the height and same girth as Sugarman, which I didn't think the Old BAF was but correct me if I'm wrong, but it may just be that it's not on the same plane of view and is behind Sugarman in our sight, also kinda looks like there is no yellow on the figure, maybe this is something new being teased? probably isn't , I sort of remember something like this happening one time when Dwight was being interviewed and there was a Moleman figure on his shelf, and every one thought.. oh it's a new Moleman tease which turned out not to be true

Next Blob shouldn't be some BAF 8' scale giant. He also doesn't need a ton of POA like a Spiderman who's an acrobat does. 22 POA would be more than enough to get Blob in a few good action poses. No double jointed knees/arms for him as that would make him look gangly.  This is bout the hgt Blob should be done at & body build.

ucFgq4Y.jpg

dhk0MZp.jpg

ELSKVpS.jpg

If it were new, it wouldnt be an accident your seeing it. Looking at it an comparing it to the existing one I would say its the existing one, though with the image being blurry its hard to say 100%.

If the video was done at the Hasbro offices you might see a random new figure in the background like that by accident, but at their homes your not gonna see a prototype for a new figure sitting on a shelf with their own personal collection unless they were deliberately wanting you to see it, but again in this case I think it is just the previously released one. 

17 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Next Blob shouldn't be some BAF 8' scale giant. He also doesn't need a ton of POA like a Spiderman who's an acrobat does. 22 POA would be more than enough to get Blob in a few good action poses. No double jointed knees/arms for him as that would make him look gangly.  This is bout the hgt Blob should be done at & body build.

ucFgq4Y.jpg

I agree. No reason he should be any bigger than the Thing, except at the waistline. 

Officially, he's 8-feet tall these days. In the 60s he was 5'10", but he looks to be at least 7-feet in the 80s pictures shown above, and he's unambiguously 8-feet by the 90s. I guess it depends what era they're going for, but my guess--based on all the figures they've done so far--is "not the 60s".

12 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I saw this and have commented on another site...I hope it's new...I mean I REALLY HOPE!!! I sold my Blob not long ago. As for height...I hope they go by this chart a bit.. I want him tall but not as tall as Juggernaut! 

Pryde+of+the+X-Men+scale+stetch.jpeg

That's cool if the chart's your preference, but for comic heights it's wrong for literally everyone except Pyro, in some cases dramatically so (Magneto, Kitty Pryde, Toad, Nightcrawler). Juggernaut and Blob, it's hard to say, since both have officially increased in size since their inception and I know that's a late 80s chart. They're probably about right for that era, as shown.

1 hour ago, Benn said:

Officially, he's 8-feet tall these days. In the 60s he was 5'10", but he looks to be at least 7-feet in the 80s pictures shown above, and he's unambiguously 8-feet by the 90s. I guess it depends what era they're going for, but my guess--based on all the figures they've done so far--is "not the 60s".

Yeah, that's the biggest problem with height stats in comics, artists ignore them and prefer to go with their own take. A number of them forget Wolverine is supposed to be very short for example.

4 hours ago, leokearon said:

Looking at the screenshot, it almost looked like there was Vintage Gambit and Rogue, but given there are other old toys and packaging on the shelf, they are probably the original 90's toys

When I was watching this interview with Shartimus, I kinda felt, and this is probably a stretch, but that the whole set-up behind Ryan was staged and that it was all some sort of teases for the future (and promos for the current) , I mean what's the likely hood of 1 him having all of those sentinels up on the top shelf,,, do we really think Ryan loves sentinels specifically that much, and it happens to be the big thing coming right now, 2 also the fact it's been stated that this is the Year of the X-Men.. and everything behind him was solely X-Men, does ryan only like X-Men... seems weird , also just odd eclectic-ness of all the items... like it was all sort of something cryptic , but who knows maybe I'm just over thinking, feel free to say man you are crazy

8 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

When I was watching this interview with Shartimus, I kinda felt, and this is probably a stretch, but that the whole set-up behind Ryan was staged and that it was all some sort of teases for the future (and promos for the current) , I mean what's the likely hood of 1 him having all of those sentinels up on the top shelf,,, do we really think Ryan loves sentinels specifically that much, and it happens to be the big thing coming right now, 2 also the fact it's been stated that this is the Year of the X-Men.. and everything behind him was solely X-Men, does ryan only like X-Men... seems weird , also just odd eclectic-ness of all the items... like it was all sort of something cryptic , but who knows maybe I'm just over thinking, feel free to say man you are crazy

It's clear that Ryan set up that shelf to be seen, and he's the brand manager, so there very well might be a message of some kind there.  Time will tell.

7 minutes ago, Satam said:

I'm sure Ryan set up that shelf to be seen, and he's the brand manager, so there very well might be a message of some kind there.  Time will tell.

yeah see this is what I thought when watching it, and yes being the Brand Manager, the sort of idea isn't out of left field. good thing I wasn't alone in how I was feeling about that

Looking at my BAF....the arms and head seem to be different. Granted its very blurry. I'm hoping it's new and coming out sooner rather than later. 

Benn...I was thinking about that chart and your right..its WAY outdated but I was thinking more along the lines of the difference in Blob and Juggernaut. I'd like to see ANY blob figure we get to be shorter than the Juggernaut we just got with COLOSSUS. 

Btw...is Blob in HoX/PoX?

17 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Looking at my BAF....the arms and head seem to be different. Granted its very blurry. I'm hoping it's new and coming out sooner rather than later. 

Benn...I was thinking about that chart and your right..its WAY outdated but I was thinking more along the lines of the difference in Blob and Juggernaut. I'd like to see ANY blob figure we get to be shorter than the Juggernaut we just got with COLOSSUS. 

Btw...is Blob in HoX/PoX?

Blob is in HoX/PoX, at least I thought he was, I don't know how much of a role he played, I didn't read all of the books, I was sticking mostly with Excalibur, so I may be wrong

so maybe just maybe he is a new BAF for a HoX/PoX wave

but He didn't have his classic look as far as I can recall in the series, He was wearing a suit similar to a kingpin style I believe  at one point, he may have switched it up

6 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Blob in a suit...sounds dumb ...as I remember him in his black costume mainly or shirtless. 

I think I may be stuck in the past a bit!

well I thought a suit is at least better then when he was walking around shirtless with the Good Life tattoo on his stomach like 2Pac hahaha