An accidental Marvel Legends Blob reveal?

daveysockrocker

10 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

yeah see this is what I thought when watching it, and yes being the Brand Manager, the sort of idea isn't out of left field. good thing I wasn't alone in how I was feeling about that

It's hard to say, maybe it is just how he displays his collection, it does seem a bit much to set up a whole display for just an interview.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
On 7/18/2020 at 9:19 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I saw this and have commented on another site...I hope it's new...I mean I REALLY HOPE!!! I sold my Blob not long ago. As for height...I hope they go by this chart a bit.. I want him tall but not as tall as Juggernaut! 

Pryde+of+the+X-Men+scale+stetch.jpeg

Lol, looking at Magneto alone makes this scale super inaccurate. 

Magneto is 6-2, if he was 6-10, he would be bigger than Thor. He is not, i can assure you. 

Cyclops is Objectively recorded at 6-3 in my Marvel Encyclopedia. 

On 7/19/2020 at 11:14 AM, leokearon said:

Yeah, that's the biggest problem with height stats in comics, artists ignore them and prefer to go with their own take. A number of them forget Wolverine is supposed to be very short for example.

That's because somewhere in the late 90s, early 2000s, the editors at Marvel stopped doIng their job & let certain artists totally disregard the listed hgt scaled of certain characters & allowed them to  gigantisize them for the visual "kewl" factor. 6'8  Thanos became 7'5-8 ft Thanos, 6'10 Juggernaut became an 8 footer.  7 ft Hulk is now 8' & maybe even 9 ft tall now depending on the artist. 6 ft Thing is now 7 ft Thing.  Blob went from 5'10 to 8 ft. Ironman, whom outta armor is 6'1, magically gains 5 more inches out of a form fitting armor & is now listed as being 6'6! C'mon now!

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
6 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

That's because somewhere in the late 90s, early 2000s, the editors at Marvel stopped doIng their job & let certain artists totally disregard the listed hgt scaled of certain characters & allowed them to  gigantisize them for the visual "kewl" factor. 6'8  Thanos became 7'5-8 ft Thanos, 6'10 Juggernaut became an 8 footer.  7 ft Hulk is now 8' & maybe even 9 ft tall now depending on the artist. 6 ft Thing is now 7 ft Thing.  Blob went from 5'10 to 8 ft. Ironman, whom outta armor is 6'1, magically gains 5 more inches out of a form fitting armor & is now listed as being 6'6! C'mon now!

Juggernaut is always drawn larger than Colossus and Colossus has always been portrayed and Officially recorded at 7-5. So the whole 6-10 juggernaut thing is something i don't buy. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f0499eabbfe6b19e730461efcfd1fb1c.jpegX-men (1963) #102 VG+ (4.5) Colossus vs JuggernautMarvel Daily Art on Twitter: "Colossus strikes Juggernaut, but ...image.thumb.jpeg.4f672dc1e67b12e32ee6155434f5970a.jpeg

I don't mind when people say juggernaut should be equal or smaller than the hulk, but he is definitely not smaller than armored Colossus who is 7-5.

1 hour ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Juggernaut is always drawn larger than Colossus and Colossus has always been portrayed and Officially recorded at 7-5. So the whole 6-10 juggernaut thing is something i don't buy. 

image.thumb.jpeg.f0499eabbfe6b19e730461efcfd1fb1c.jpegX-men (1963) #102 VG+ (4.5) Colossus vs JuggernautMarvel Daily Art on Twitter: "Colossus strikes Juggernaut, but ...image.thumb.jpeg.4f672dc1e67b12e32ee6155434f5970a.jpeg

I don't mind when people say juggernaut should be equal or smaller than the hulk, but he is definitely not smaller than armored Colossus who is 7-5.

Again, it depends on the artist drawing it. I have a couple issues of Juggs vs Thor where he's drawn as being no bigger than Thor who's 6'6. It was a 2 part issue in the 80s with Excalibur & the wrecking crew & Ulik in it as well. Believe Ron Frenze was the penciler.

5 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

s-l1600.jpg

Resembles this a lot, but they could be teasing. It would be a welcomed addition. 

I was just thinking the same thing. Looking back at the capture, it does look like the shelf behind him is displaying predominantly 5" era figures. Also, though we assumed the Sugarman he was standing next to was the recent BAF, it actually seems to be the old Toybiz version. Now, wishful thinkers, like me, will look at that and say, "Well, maybe by standing him next to the old Sugarman which was just redone as an superb BAF, they are saying the Blob is next on deck." Though I love the idea and wish it were true, there are a few things working against that idea. First off, Toybiz did that Sugarman, and Hasbro had never done one before so this was their first actual attempt. Secondly, Hasbro has already done a Blob and it was one of the best figures for the time, some even say it's stood the test of time, and we all know how much Hasbro hates to do just straight redo's of any character. Just ask Emma Frost, Quicksilver, Domino and Hercules. Most often the criteria consists of a characters alternate look (which aside from a few artistic differences, Blob has none) or otherwise it's been done through a multi pack situation. I think if there's any hope of getting an update on on ol' Fred, it's gonna be in some kind of set. I'm still banking on some sort of Blob and Pyro, BFF's for Life, set.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

Again, it depends on the artist drawing it. I have a couple issues of Juggs vs Thor where he's drawn as being no bigger than Thor who's 6'6. It was a 2 part issue in the 80s with Excalibur & the wrecking crew & Ulik in it as well. Believe Ron Frenze was the penciler.

The mighty Thor #427? 

Thor definitely looks to be drawn smaller and juggernaut is drawn behind Thor. 

Thor #427 (Dec 1990, Marvel) for sale online | eBayGentlemen of Leisure: X-amining Thor #427-429

19 hours ago, Benn said:

Who's to say he didn't swap the new Blob out before taking that picture, to throw us off the trail? /disingenuous conspiracy theory

Yeah I still stand by the fact that this whole display set up was a cryptic teaser for things to come, as well as to show case the cooler things out right now

even if the blob is the toybiz figure, I still think it's hinting potentially at a new one

hey I love a good conspiracy, so here's my break down, because as you'll notice things kind of keep showing up, I.E. multiple Longshots, Rogues, Gambits...etc

Sentinels = obviously because of the Sentinel HasLab release

Uncanny X-Men Universe pack = hinting at new Longshot and X-Babies (pack ins) for Mojo Verse, plus also more hints for a new Gambit and Rogue (these 2 get a huge reinforcement)

Dark Phoenix x Cyclops 2 pack = new/re-release of Dark Phoenix or Phoniex figure HoX/Pox and a Cyclops Hox/Pox

Gambit & Bishop Steel Mutant 2 pack = like I said..new Gambit coming...probably Hox/Pox, and a Retro Bishop, or new entirely in a other outfit

Rogue & Pyro Steel Mutant 2 pack = we already know this 2 pack is been a speculation for a while now

X-Men Cards = that most of these packs I.E. Rogue & Pyro will come in these styled packs

Mojo & Longshot Steel Mutant 2 pack = another showcasing of my thoughts of Mojo Verse figs..I.E. Longshot and Mojo

White Queen = we already know she's in the Hellfire Club pack

Movie X-Men in their first movie outfits = I'm sure we will see this being a ML release , probably a Wolvie and Storm

Toybiz ML Gambit multiple times = New Gambit... probably Hox/PoX

The Jim Lee figs just as cool things to show, like Caliban, Sauron, Sugarman, but Also I think are keeping the hints strong on BEST OF WAVE and Retro Wave

amongst those are Carded toybiz Rogue... a Retro Rogue.. we know this is coming, the glove tease

Retro carded Prof X = New Retro Prof X

also to reinforce a new Phoenix..shes there again

Blob = New Blob BAF

so finally just notice how many times fig appear.. meaning...such as gambits, prof x etc

also X-Men Sanctuary  ....., Acolytes !  (they made their first appearance in the Show there)

I'm probably wrong... but it was fun

I also want to mention in regards to both Rogue re-release and Phoenix, that Boog_ACBA , in his interview with the Legends team... he asked if we are going to see the Moonstone Buck any time soon... Dwight said 2 times this year! and we know it's not on Black or White Queen... would make sense it could be on a Rogue or Phoenix (since the response is love , that these figures have that buck)

Also we were suppose to see the entire HoX/PoX wave displayed at SDCC in the form of a display peice with the Sentinels.. so figures in that wave are going to probably get shown for sure by the end of the year if not in a few days

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 11:58 AM, tarot said:

If it was a new figure, then it would be a prototype and as we know Dwight is the only one who is allowed to take them home. So don't forget these guys customise as well. 

Yeah that doesn't look new to me. I think people are indulging in some wishful thinking that's skewing whats really there.