More Alex Ross Timeless Variant Covers Coming In October From Marvel

JayC

Last month, the first of Marvel’s Timeless variant covers were unveiled. Now is your chance to see the additional covers in this incredible collection coming your way this October! These gorgeous covers feature Marvel’s greatest heroes brought to life by the iconic art of legendary artist Alex Ross. Behold Marvel heroes like Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Jean Grey in painted portraits, depicted in their most classic and beloved costumes. Don’t miss your chance to begin collecting all 28 of these stunning variant covers at your local comic shop starting in September!

“Nobody else embodies the term Timeless quite as well as Alex does," Executive Editor Tom Brevoort told ComicBook.com last month. "His work makes people relate to these fantastical characters in an entirely new way--they become plausible and real without giving up their larger-than-life qualities in the process. He's also just about the hardest-working guy in the business--his output, given its quality, is truly staggering.”

See below for a complete list of the Timeless Variant Covers available in October. To see all fourteen Timeless covers, visit marvel.com.

Stay tuned to Marvel next week for a rare glimpse inside Alex Ross’s incredible creative process and see how his timeless imagery was made into a magnificent mural in Marvel’s NYC offices!

-AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 50 SPIDER-MAN TIMELESS VIRGIN VARIANT
-DAREDEVIL 23 DAREDEVIL TIMELESS VIRGIN VARIANT
-EXCALIBUR 13 NIGHTCRAWLER TIMELESS VIRGIN VARIANT
-FANTASTIC FOUR 25 BLACK BOLT TIMELESS VIRGIN VARIANT
-FANTASTIC FOUR: ANTITHESIS 3 MEDUSA TIMELESS VIRGIN VARIANT
-HELLIONS 5 PHOENIX TIMELESSS VIRGIN VARIANT
-MARAUDERS 13 ICEMAN TIMESLESS VIRGIN VARIANT
-NEW MUTANTS 13 COLOSSUS TIMELESS VIRGIN VARIANT
-SHANG-CHI 2 SHANG-CHI TIMELESS VIRGIN VARIANT
-SPIDER-WOMAN 5 SPIDER-WOMAN TIMELESS VIRGIN VARIANT
-THOR 8 THOR TIMELESS VIRGIN VARIANT
-WOLVERINE 6 WOLVERINE TIMELESS VIRGIN VARIANT
-X-FORCE 13 BEAST TIMELESS VIRGIN VARIANT
-X-MEN 13 CYCLOPS TIMELESS VIRGIN VARIANT

ASM2018050_TIMELESS_SM_VAR.jpg

DD2019023_ROSS_TIMELESS_DD_VAR.jpg

EXCAL2019013_TIMELESS_VAR.jpg

FF2018025_ROSS_TIMELESS_BOLT_VAR.jpg

FFANTITHESIS003_TIMELESS_VAR.jpg

HELLIONS2020005_TIMELESS_VAR.jpg

MARAUDERS013_TIMELESS_VAR.jpg

NEWMUT2019013_TIMELESS_VAR.jpg

SHANGCHI2020002_TIMELESS_VAR.jpg

SWOMAN2020005_TIMELESS_VAR.jpg

THOR2020008_ROSS_TIMELESS_VAR.jpg

WOLV2020006_TIMELESS_VAR.jpg

XFORCE2019013_TIMELESS_VAR.jpg

XMEN2019013_TIMELESS_VAR.jpg

• 2 years later...

In 2020, Alex Ross crafted over 30 extraordinary depictions of Marvel’s most beloved super heroes in a beautiful art piece known as TIMELESS! This iconic imagery was used to produce a best-selling variant cover program and now… it’s the villains turn!

The legendary artist’s newest art piece deviously unites 37 of Marvel’s classic villains! Capturing the menace, danger, and allure of characters like Green Goblin, Doctor Doom, and Thanos, this stunning group shot represents the definitive takes on Marvel’s deadliest foes straight from one the industry’s most revered talents! Look for this beautifully painted artwork to be used for a new series of variant covers starting in March 2023!

“The passion I held for illustrating many of Marvel’s heroes in a timeless representation was easily matched by the passion I felt for illustrating the villains,” Ross said. “Marvel clearly has some of the greatest concepts in the realm of supervillains as well as heroes.

Stay tuned for more information about Alex Ross’ new TIMELESS piece including which titles it’ll grace the covers of this March!

Marvel_Timeless_Villains.jpg

Beautiful piece of art.

I’m also shocked to realize that all but two of these villains exist in comic form Marvel Legends (Mephisto and Hela).  Technically, Mandarin and the Leader were done by Toybiz for their Marvel Legends line and that Mandarin isn’t the same costume shown here.

Maybe this will be released as a poster at some point.

On 10/3/2022 at 9:26 PM, Sidewinder said:

Beautiful piece of art.

I’m also shocked to realize that all but two of these villains exist in comic form Marvel Legends (Mephisto and Hela).  Technically, Mandarin and the Leader were done by Toybiz for their Marvel Legends line and that Mandarin isn’t the same costume shown here.

Maybe this will be released as a poster at some point.

Nah, there's a Legends figure of Hela.  She was done in that 2015 Book of Vishanti SDCC boxset.

This is an amazing spread here, I'd love that for my wall, it also makes me sad that we don't have all of these characters currently represented in legends form, or that they desperately need a new release like Hela, how did Hela get 1 comic figure way way back, yet she's probably considered one of the most loved MCU villains? and there has been so many opportunity to get her back out in Comic form, and Mandarin god forbid we can get a Mandarin some time...please, Iron Man needs his nemesis, I have hopes we get Mole Man and Annihilus soon in an FF wave. But Hela and Mandarin...Hela barely needs any work done her figure was pretty awesome.

The Mandarin, in his outfit seen here, should've been done long ago; he needs to be done now. The Vulture could use an update, along with the White Queen. Most egregious of all is Dormammu- how they messed up his face, I'll never know. But really they only need to re-do the head. 

I'd love an updated Annihilus.