Hasbro Fan-First Tuesday Marvel Legends Live-Stream Event - SDCC Exclsuives and X-Men Store Exclusives

JayC

9 minutes ago, mako said:

Granted, I don't have my Fury figure in front of me, but just from a cursory scan of the pix: shoulders, upper arms, crotch and upper legs, and I'd lay money those torsos are just Nick's covered with a soft plastic covering . . . just like ToyBiz did with Professor X to make Dracula (as I thought they would).

Wow, even if that is half true good eye! Guess I never realized that Legends parts were used in such small ways, always assumed that except hands and heads the rest of the body remained unchanged from figure to figure.

6 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Wow, even if that is half true good eye! Guess I never realized that Legends parts were used in such small ways, always assumed that except hands and heads the rest of the body r aimed unchanged from figure to figure.

Well, their not exactly mixing and matching like Legos, but take a look at your figures. You'll be amazed what a splash of paint, a piece of soft plastic, and a new set of forelegs can accomplish.

20 minutes ago, mako said:

Something else I see, that I am definitely not crazy about? Where are all the rank and file figures, the waves, the mainstream guys? You know, the ones most of Marvel Legends is made up of? I mean, I get it, Covid and all that. Plus, I'm sure having most of MCU Phase 4 delayed till early next year has played Hell with the toy schedule, but I get nervous when the only reveals are for exclusives and 25 dollar "Deluxe" figures.

This is disheartening. SDCC is where we had gotten such volume of great reveals in the past, these slim pickings ( and higher price point) remind me of when a line is dying and they sputter to the end with niche characters or figures they have made and just need to release.

I am not saying that what we were shown are not amazing, as a matter of fact, all the XMen reveals are getting me itchy to pick these up even though I am traditionally an a Avengers guy. 

All I am saying is that we were spoiled when we got peeks of entire waves, box sets, exclusives all at once. Times being what they are, the reveals just seem a little sparse

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
6 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Warpath looks great as is. Just wish they'd included knives for him.

Agreed, but I’ve been using knives from the Hydra army builder 2 packs. They fit right in his hands.

8 hours ago, McHogan said:

This is disheartening. SDCC is where we had gotten such volume of great reveals in the past, these slim pickings ( and higher price point) remind me of when a line is dying and they sputter to the end with niche characters or figures they have made and just need to release.

I am not saying that what we were shown are not amazing, as a matter of fact, all the XMen reveals are getting me itchy to pick these up even though I am traditionally an a Avengers guy. 

All I am saying is that we were spoiled when we got peeks of entire waves, box sets, exclusives all at once. Times being what they are, the reveals just seem a little sparse

God willing and the creek don't rise (Mom's favorite saying, God rest her) by next SDCC things will be back on track and I can be sitting on my butt, sipping a coke, reading Jay's coverage and wondering how I'm going to rob Peter to pay Paul (Dad's favorite saying, God rest him) so I can afford all the new figures they reveal.

5 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Warpath looks great as is. Just wish they'd included knives for him.

Yeah thats a weird omission. Believe even the 3 3/4 Marvel Universe version came with knives. Off hand I can’t think of another character you could borrow knives from. Though if no knives were included I assume no knife holders were molded. Don’t you hate it when they are thiiiiiiiiiiis close to the perfect figure but just miss?

5 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Yeah thats a weird omission. Believe even the 3 3/4 Marvel Universe version came with knives. Off hand I can’t think of another character you could borrow knives from. Though if no knives were included I assume no knife holders were molded. Don’t you hate it when they are thiiiiiiiiiiis close to the perfect figure but just miss?

5 minutes ago, McHogan said:

As EuphoricViking stated, the knives that came with the 2 pack Hydra army builder will work perfectly.

17 minutes ago, McHogan said:

That version of Warpath (The one in the Strong Guy wave) didn't use the knives.  Those didn't come along until years later and a whole different costume (albeit with the same color scheme).

28 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Most of us haven't even gotten the Strong Guy wave in our hands yet, and may not even have the Widow, Demogoblin, Gamerverse, or AoA waves either.   We know there's Venom-themed stuff coming, the Fan-Channel exclusives have been hitting at a steady pace, and the X-Men movie stuff is a fair amount of product.  There is no "slim pickings" unless you're looking for a specific niche that's not represented.  Especially once you toss in the non-shared exclusives and the HasLab Sentinel (Although that product won't actually hit until late next year). 

Right now, their release schedule has been upended because of Black Widow and Eternals getting pushed back, and the convention circuit being cancelled across the board means they're not holding full "panels" anywhere.  Stop for a second and tally up all the stuff they've revealed across their lines in the last month or two.  Combine it all together and you've got something pretty comparable to what you'd normally see get revealed at SDCC, and there's almost certainly more to come.  We're used to shotgun blasts of information but instead we've been getting a steady trickle.  Bottom line:  This isn't even close to a dying line, or even reminiscent of one.  And yeah, there's almost certainly going to be one or two waves of as-yet-unseen product hitting shelves before Christmas.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
15 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

As EuphoricViking stated, the knives that came with the 2 pack Hydra army builder will work perfectly.

i'll post a pic when i get home so you can see. 

I like the nimrod set, but $80 is probably a bit steep for me as i don't really *need* Nimrod and already have versions of Betsy and Fantomex.

I do need that Storm set, $50 is a bit much especially since T-bird has zero accessories so if i can i'll probably try and wait for a sale... although if i see it at my local store all bets are off. 

Glad i have some time to think about the Hellfire Club set.  My instinct is to pass but we'll see what other figures are announced or released before september.  Feels a bit lame that they didn't include  Harry Leland, since he is unlikely to merit a solo card release.  

33 minutes ago, Jmacq1 said:

That version of Warpath (The one in the Strong Guy wave) didn't use the knives.  Those didn't come along until years later and a whole different costume (albeit with the same color scheme).

Most of us haven't even gotten the Strong Guy wave in our hands yet, and may not even have the Widow, Demogoblin, Gamerverse, or AoA waves either.   We know there's Venom-themed stuff coming, the Fan-Channel exclusives have been hitting at a steady pace, and the X-Men movie stuff is a fair amount of product.  There is no "slim pickings" unless you're looking for a specific niche that's not represented.  Especially once you toss in the non-shared exclusives and the HasLab Sentinel (Although that product won't actually hit until late next year). 

Right now, their release schedule has been upended because of Black Widow and Eternals getting pushed back, and the convention circuit being cancelled across the board means they're not holding full "panels" anywhere.  Stop for a second and tally up all the stuff they've revealed across their lines in the last month or two.  Combine it all together and you've got something pretty comparable to what you'd normally see get revealed at SDCC, and there's almost certainly more to come.  We're used to shotgun blasts of information but instead we've been getting a steady trickle.  Bottom line:  This isn't even close to a dying line, or even reminiscent of one.  And yeah, there's almost certainly going to be one or two waves of as-yet-unseen product hitting shelves before Christmas.

This was not one of those predicting doom posts, I get that when certain key words are written it can provoke a reaction. My statements in no way mean that I believe that Marvel Legends is or will be dying any time in the near future. Nor did I say that there won’t be a large amount of releases this year. All that I said was that this years reveals were sparse in comparison to years past, and sparse showings REMIND me of when a line is dying but still have a showing at SDCC. my comments on niche or need to be released figures are only in regards to other end of life lines.

And as far as sparse, 6 figures were revealed that are officially SDCC ( the Hellfire Club and the Logan set). Even if you didn’t understand the spirit of my comments, you’d have to agree 6 figures is sparse.

If anything, Legends proved again that they are stronger than ever 

11 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

Feels a bit lame that they didn't include  Harry Leland, since he is unlikely to merit a solo card release. 

It does, but I can understand.  Leland would have required almost 100% new tooling (anybody who says "but Kingpin" forgets that Leland is  significantly shorter than Fisk and that BAF is too tall for Fisk, too), and they probably blew through their tooling dollars on that set just with the four included.

6 minutes ago, Satam said:

It does, but I can understand.  Leland would have required almost 100% new tooling (anybody who says "but Kingpin" forgets that Leland is shorter than Fisk and that BAF is too tall for Fisk, too), and they probably blew through their tooling dollars on that set just with the four included.

Nah, fam.  Doctor Octopus.  They could reuse most of him with some soft plastic parts for his jacket and cravat, etc.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
12 minutes ago, JayC said:

Gone is seconds.

Check back tonight, Target links tend to be finicky like Walgreens.  Hope they don't short change us with a limited run like Red-hulk... But i do think they have more they plan to unleash at some point. 

6 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

Nah, fam.  Doctor Octopus.  They could reuse most of him with some soft plastic parts for his jacket and cravat, etc.

I thought about that, but I think a Leland figure would need to be quite a bit fatter than the Doc Ock we have.  Maybe parts of the legs or something could be used, which is why I said almost 100% new.

This is a load of horsesh1t. First of all, to not stock this 2 pack enough....then to realize the improvements they claimed they were gonna make for Storm, they didn't do. They expressly said in the video months ago that they were not going to release her as she was in the promo pic. She's too flat, and her poncho cape cuffs are gold, not black. What I'm really steamed about is this effing exclusive crap that guarantees a lot of us cant get it. Sold out in seconds.