Hasbro Fan-First Tuesday Marvel Legends Live-Stream Event - SDCC Exclsuives and X-Men Store Exclusives

JayC

11 minutes ago, tarot said:

No. Hasbro said during toy fair rogue and pyro were for general release

And just to be clear, I don't think the Rogue and Pyro set is a store exclusive but just saying Hasbro hasn't specifically confirmed that at this point.

17 minutes ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

I don't think it's terrible, colors are a little drab and her eyes are a bit far apart, but the kicker is that's the body most people want used for ALL the female figures...

I don't think it's terrible either, but it's easily the worst X-Men figure since the Infinite branding. Actually, nevermind, that 2014 Astonishing Wolverine is worse. It just goes to show that Hasbro has mostly been killing it. I actually like the colours just fine, but the eyes are definitely a little far apart, and that body... has some, uh, interesting proportions. THAT's the "Moonstone" body everybody wants?

6 minutes ago, Benn said:

I don't think it's terrible either, but it's easily the worst X-Men figure since the Infinite branding. Actually, nevermind, that 2014 Astonishing Wolverine is worse. It just goes to show that Hasbro has mostly been killing it. I actually like the colours just fine, but the eyes are definitely a little far apart, and that body... has some, uh, interesting proportions. THAT's the "Moonstone" body everybody wants?

Yep, that is her...

I definitely think it's either the "Best of X-Men" wave that was rumoured a few months back, featuring some cleaned up second chance classic costumes for X-Men (including potentially updated Jim Lee Rogue and Cyclops, Beast with a friendlier head, and/or Storm repainted silver), or they're giving her an update in the House of X wave. We now know that the Euro "best of" wave for the year is Avengers again, so that should put the X-Men wave back on the table as perhaps something new and interesting.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
7 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Even though Warpath was waaaaaay too short, I will give Hasbro credit for not just recycling the same figure.

Actually it's Thunderbird and if you google it or look in the marvel encyclopedia you will see he is only 6-1. Which would put him an 1" smaller than Captain America. i'd say he's about to scale perfectly. Warpath is 7-2 and much larger.  i am pumped for this set. Thick thighs on storm! and a well scaled TB.! 

Came close to pulling the trigger on the Deadpool/Negasonic pack, as I said, I really want that figure . . . unfortunately, not 55 bucks worth of want. Sure, I could probably sell off Deadpool and make back the difference, but until I get my list whittled down a little more, I have to watch myself. I'm kinda bad about impulse-buying. Guess I'll be sticking to my "Comic Universe Only" rule.

Crap.

Happy to see that Storm figure that was teased what feels like forever ago is finally getting a release, and I'm fine getting Thunderbird along with her. 

The happiest surprise is... I actually really like that Hellfire Club set. I've never been crazy about them and didn't expect I would want it, but they all look great. White Queen is the main attraction, obviously, but Jean, Shaw, and Pierce all look terrific, as well, so I think that's a buy.

Assuming the "tall" tease is Stiltman and it's a BAF, well, I hope he's packaged with characters I care about buying.

10 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Actually it's Thunderbird and if you google it or look in the marvel encyclopedia you will see he is only 6-1. Which would put him an 1" smaller than Captain America. i'd say he's about to scale perfectly. Warpath is 7-2 and much larger.  i am pumped for this set. Thick thighs on storm! and a well scaled TB.! 

That's what I'm saying. Warpath is listed at 7'2", barely shorter than Colossus. The figure from the Strong Guy wave was way too short. What I'm pointing out is that a lot of people were complaining that they could have just included an alternate head with Warpath and use it as Thunderbird. This would have effectively made two bad mistakes, making not only Warpath too short, but also making T-Bird too tall. I was giving Hasbro credit for not going the lazy route and just reusing the Warpath figure for T-Bird.

13 minutes ago, monron999 said:

That's what I'm saying. Warpath is listed at 7'2", barely shorter than Colossus. The figure from the Strong Guy wave was way too short. What I'm pointing out is that a lot of people were complaining that they could have just included an alternate head with Warpath and use it as Thunderbird. This would have effectively made two bad mistakes, making not only Warpath too short, but also making T-Bird too tall. I was giving Hasbro credit for not going the lazy route and just reusing the Warpath figure for T-Bird.

Did you see my comparison pictures in the Warpath review thread? The new Warpath is just a hair shorter than the classic Colossus.

Something else I see, that I am definitely not crazy about? Where are all the rank and file figures, the waves, the mainstream guys? You know, the ones most of Marvel Legends is made up of? I mean, I get it, Covid and all that. Plus, I'm sure having most of MCU Phase 4 delayed till early next year has played Hell with the toy schedule, but I get nervous when the only reveals are for exclusives and 25 dollar "Deluxe" figures.

17 minutes ago, monron999 said:

How is Warpath "too short" ? Colossus when "armored" up is 7'5, so Warpath should be a tad shorter than Peter. Buck Hasbro picked for T-Bird is perfect.

9 minutes ago, McHogan said:

To clarify, what parts could Shaw and Pierce possibly use from MCU Nick Fury?

Granted, I don't have my Fury figure in front of me, but just from a cursory scan of the pix: shoulders, upper arms, crotch and upper legs, and I'd lay money those torsos are just Nick's covered with a soft plastic covering . . . just like ToyBiz did with Professor X to make Dracula (as I thought they would).