Hasbro Fan-First Tuesday Marvel Legends Live-Stream Event - SDCC Exclsuives and X-Men Store Exclusives

JayC

6 minutes ago, 80sboy4 said:

I really wanted the Storm figure, why did Hasbro make this a 2 pack and have this a Target exclusive? This is the Storm so many have been asking for, should have made her a general release or a fan channel exclusive so more people are able to get this much demanded figure.

I honestly think that the companies HAVE to do exclusives through the distributors to guarantee that they'll carry their product.

I don't care what I gotta pay...that Storm WILL BE MINE!! I love it! And the Hellfire Club looks Amazing though that Jean Head will become Tessa. I'm hoping for a Wyndgarde single release or a two pack of some kind. Emma looks great! 

WERE we supposed to get an army builder reveal?  Please be a Hellfire goon...Ill buy 10 of those suckers!

Overall a great day to be an X-Men fan!!

27 minutes ago, Satam said:

Target and Walmart really need to put captchas on their exclusive pages to weed out the %*&@ing bots.  They probably don't care, but they should.

I'm hoping that if this keeps happening, the companies will notice that, yes these things are selling out in seconds, but the fans aren't getting them (except those few willing to pay a 200 dollar tab on Ebay for a 29 dollar figure), and do something. After all, fans or not, disappointment upon disappointment WILL lead to fan backlash. Just look at Mattel.

5 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I don't care what I gotta pay...that Storm WILL BE MINE!! I love it! And the Hellfire Club looks Amazing though that Jean Head will become Tessa. I'm hoping for a Wyndgarde single release or a two pack of some kind. Emma looks great! 

WERE we supposed to get an army builder reveal?  Please be a Hellfire goon...Ill buy 10 of those suckers!

Well it seems that Hasbro is done showing new ML for today, but won't they be showing more for the next 2-3 days as well?  Or is this it?

9 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Jean will become Tessa? Are you planning on customizing what will surely be a highly sought after figure? Or just using the power of your imagination? 

Overall, agreed this IS a great time for X fans. Now I know what it was like when all that great MCU stuff was released and X guys had to wait for their day.

edit: just noticed your name tag. One can assume you will be altering Jean in some way

14 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I don't care what I gotta pay...that Storm WILL BE MINE!!

I need that Storm for my "Pryde of the X-Men" team, so I agree with the sentiment, but I refuse to pay one red cent over what the set is supposed to be sold for. I don't care how FUBARed Target gets, I do NOT feed the scalpers.

As for Jean, I dig that hairdo, and I'm anxious to see how it would look on either Phoenix or Lee Jean.

10 minutes ago, mako said:

I'm hoping that if this keeps happening, the companies will notice that, yes these things are selling out in seconds, but the fans aren't getting them (except those few willing to pay a 200 dollar tab on Ebay for a 29 dollar figure), and do something. After all, fans or not, disappointment upon disappointment WILL lead to fan backlash. Just look at Mattel.

I guess the problem is that the toy companies will care, but Walmart and Target likely won't.  I'm hoping Hasbro, Funko, NECA can see what's happening and work something out with them.

8 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Jean will become Tessa? Are you planning on customizing what will surely be a highly sought after figure? Or just using the power of your imagination? 

Overall, agreed this IS a great time for X fans. Now I know what it was like when all that great MCU stuff was released and X guys had to wait for their day.

edit: just noticed your name tag. One can assume you will be altering Jean in some way

I'll make/ buy a cast of her head and do a custom. 

Woooo, man that was a lot of reading, from front to back, I'm kinda just out of words other than I Love it , most of this I plan on getting, not interested in the SDCC movie pack, that Target Storm is awesome, but meh on that thunderbird, at least it is not just the same figure as warpath, but I don't want it, also Target exclusive.. always lovely, maybe a TRU here in Canada next year..

12 minutes ago, Satam said:

I guess the problem is that the toy companies will care, but Walmart and Target likely won't.  I'm hoping Hasbro, Funko, NECA can see what's happening and work something out with them.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I bet the retailers would be receptive to. Sure Target and Walmart love a sell-out, but having the figure you let go for MSRP turn up five minutes later for ten times that has gotta sting.

I really like the Logan set. I have been indifferent towards the Xmen movie figs, have them ordered but no real thrill for them. I really love the Deadpool 2 offerings, those and this Logan set seem much better in terms of likeness and accessories.

will end up with all the x movie stuff, just have varying degrees of excitement for each set

These exclusives that sell out in seconds due to scalper bots for essential figures show they do not care about the actual fans. Hasbro is more concerned with creating the illusion of demand for figures, than they are about actually satisfying fan cravings. More and more, with G.I. Joe, and Marvel Legends, they force us to buy less desirable versions of characters (you need that build a figure piece right?) before finally delivering on the ones everyone is hoping for. Their new ploy is 2 and 3 packs, so you get a bigger price tag, and at least 1, and sometimes 2 figures you don't really want in order to get 1 you do want. Okay, so you can go to eBay for that single figure if you want, but in many cases, you'll spend as much as the 3  pack for the single figure if it's a worthwhile figure. The G.I. Joe model is a sign of more and more crappy policies that are not fan friendly. First they release a wave of characters knowing full well that retro is what every one wants. That is how it is with Star Wars, Marvel, Transformers, etc. Every line has more demand for new, improved 20th versions of the figures we all grew up with. They own the license to G.i. Joe and have no licensor restrictions on, so they can do whatever they want. They can't pretend, oh well that's the versions the licensor wanted released. They saw how poorly the G.i. Joe movie did, and all of the merchandise around that was piss poor, and yet they couldn't help themselves in messing with the tried and true formula for delivering figures that fans actually want. This says nothing of their ridiculous political encroachments regarding their toys using realistic guns. So in short, stop being a lackey. Stop being a gutless fanboy, and stop lining up for these ridiculous, abusive exclusives with sites that are completely unable to handle the demand. Until you stand up, they'll continue to make fan unfriendly gestures. From here that gesture looks like a big old flippin' bird.

6 minutes ago, mako said:

Gonna be honest, I finally broke down and ordered the Negasonic set. The likeness seems a little off, but I have to have her for my New Mutants. I'll deal with Van Wylder later.

Crap, crap.

Well at least you get it for MSRP, be nice to get it on clearance but thats rolling the dice. And your rule of not paying scalper prices remains intact.

and to me, out of the Xmen movie stuff, this set speaks to me the most

Beyond pissed off about the Storm/T-Bird set. Been waiting on it forever and it was in my cart one second, I go to pay and it's gone. Like what the eff. Then seeing the stuff on the GiJoe exclusives debacle......I just want one reviewer who gets to talk to Hasbro to not ask those softball ass happy to be here kind of questions and press them about things like this that screw with the collectors who are trying to buy the flipping figures.

But they probably won't.

6 minutes ago, KabutoRyder said:

Beyond pissed off about the Storm/T-Bird set. Been waiting on it forever and it was in my cart one second, I go to pay and it's gone. Like what the eff. Then seeing the stuff on the GiJoe exclusives debacle......I just want one reviewer who gets to talk to Hasbro to not ask those softball ass happy to be here kind of questions and press them about things like this that screw with the collectors who are trying to buy the flipping figures.

But they probably won't.

Makes you wanna throttle these Hasbro guys 'cause they know this crap happens and yet keep doing it. And why is it none of these so-called interviewers who love to act like theyre buddies with these guys and have an "in" ever confront Hasbro about this? There should be NO exclusives because they cant seem to get it right. if theyre going to insist on this procedure, then at least make sure there are enough in stock.

8 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Makes you wanna throttle these Hasbro guys 'cause they know this crap happens and yet keep doing it....There should be NO exclusives because they cant seem to get it right. if theyre going to insist on this procedure, then at least make sure there are enough in stock.

Happy Fan First Tuesday, everybody!  Don't you all feel like you came first today?

29 minutes ago, mako said:

Gonna be honest, I finally broke down and ordered the Negasonic set. The likeness seems a little off, but I have to have her for my New Mutants. I'll deal with Van Wylder later.

Crap, crap.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does Negasonic Teenage Warhead have to do with the New Mutants?

Was at work when the live stream went down. Pre-ordered the Nimrod set. Wanted the Storm TBird 2 pack but as everyone has already seen, the pre-order is completely sold out. Disappointed Storm's bracelets are still black instead of gold but won't prevent me from buying it. But how many of the true collectors here were able to get their hands on it?

I preordered the Deadpool 2-pack. The more I look at it, the happier I am with it. I’d say it’s definitely worth $50. I’m also gonna get the rest of the 20th anniversary stuff, hopefully when it goes on sale, fingers crossed for Christmas and Black Friday sales. Also definitely preordering the Logan set, very pleasantly surprised we’re getting that. I really hope it doesn’t sell out before I can get one. I assume it’ll be on Pulse, so maybe it’ll be better than Target/Walmart preorders.

I’m honestly glad I’ve mostly burned out on the comic X-Men, that saves me a lot of hassle and money. For those of you lamenting the Target preorder selling out, it shouldn’t be too hard to find in stores once it’s out, at least for a week or so, if previous sets have been any indication. My wallet is very appreciative that I have no interest in the Hellfire and Nimrod sets, especially with all the movie stuff coming out.