JayC

Hasbro Fan-First Tuesday Marvel Legends Live-Stream Event - SDCC Exclsuives and X-Men Store Exclusives

Wow, this is bull crap. I understand items being desired, but honestly... scalpers are sucking the fun out of the hobbie so fast it's gonna choke. 

I preordered the Deadpool 2-pack. The more I look at it, the happier I am with it. I’d say it’s definitely worth $50. I’m also gonna get the rest of the 20th anniversary stuff, hopefully when it goes on sale, fingers crossed for Christmas and Black Friday sales. Also definitely preordering the Logan set, very pleasantly surprised we’re getting that. I really hope it doesn’t sell out before I can get one. I assume it’ll be on Pulse, so maybe it’ll be better than Target/Walmart preorders.

I’m honestly glad I’ve mostly burned out on the comic X-Men, that saves me a lot of hassle and money. For those of you lamenting the Target preorder selling out, it shouldn’t be too hard to find in stores once it’s out, at least for a week or so, if previous sets have been any indication. My wallet is very appreciative that I have no interest in the Hellfire and Nimrod sets, especially with all the movie stuff coming out.

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

How is Warpath "too short" ? Colossus when "armored" up is 7'5, so Warpath should be a tad shorter than Peter. Buck Hasbro picked for T-Bird is perfect.

Guess I haven't looked at the comparison between this Warpath and the Colossus from the two pack. Colossus is currently in storage. You and @Benn have both pointed out that he is only slightly shorter than Colossus so I'll take your words for it. I think what was throwing me off was the comparison between this Warpath and the Classic Cable. As I remember, I think they were almost the same height which lead me to believe he is much smaller than he probably is. I will still maintain that he does seem quite small compared to artists' portrayals of him back when he was purely the team's muscle rather than the "All-Around Athlete Killer" that he is today. Then again, we are talking about Liefeld's art, which never followed scale, or anatomy, or reality in any way. Capullo did scale him down a bit after the Judas Crew skipped out to Image.

Damn, we need a Siryn and Feral figure, ASAP! I'll even take a Rictor too, and an extra set of legs for Cannonball.

X-Force.jpg

22 minutes ago, memocromatico said:

Wow, this is bull crap. I understand items being desired, but honestly... scalpers are sucking the fun out of the hobbie so fast it's gonna choke. 

I was spamming about every 10- 15 minutes on the link that Jay threw up. I ordered 2....one for show, the other to keep. That was the max it showed I could get, unless I misread it. I think they might of limited this item, but no clue if you could go back to order more.

Bit of Trivia folk. the Psylocke figure is not straight remake of the previous X-force figure. it is actually her second costume that she wore during the Fall Of Archangel arc. So basically she is a new costume for her.

1 hour ago, Emnems80 said:

Was at work when the live stream went down. Pre-ordered the Nimrod set. Wanted the Storm TBird 2 pack but as everyone has already seen, the pre-order is completely sold out. Disappointed Storm's bracelets are still black instead of gold but won't prevent me from buying it. But how many of the true collectors here were able to get their hands on it?

Hasbro. DO BETTER. All you had to do was follow this guy's example....

Classic-Storm-By-Rafaelocustoms-02__scaled_600.jpg

Strange...the Nimrod pack is $79.99 on Amazon.ca as well.  No exchange rate?  $80 for three figs is a really good price, considering they are usually $30 each.

1 hour ago, Emnems80 said:

Was at work when the live stream went down. Pre-ordered the Nimrod set. Wanted the Storm TBird 2 pack but as everyone has already seen, the pre-order is completely sold out. Disappointed Storm's bracelets are still black instead of gold but won't prevent me from buying it. But how many of the true collectors here were able to get their hands on it?

It went up during the 30 minutes I wasn't actively waiting for it, when I had to pick up my daughter, so I missed it. I feel okay about my odds of finding one at Target while only casually searching. Red Hulk was easy to get.

Man this is such bullcrap, I swear Hasbro is doing this on purpose to suck all the fun out of the hobby. I mean, seriously? The one set most people want to complete their X-Men Second Genesis team is the one that Hasbro makes the hardest to get. I don't get it man, the Cyclops/Wolverine/Jean Grey set was readily available everywhere, same with the Colossus and Juggernaut set, what gives Hasbro? Why are you making it so hard for collectors to get their stuff? Especially now, with people being selective with what they purchase. I so wish someone in the collecting community would ask Hasbro about this, no punches pulled.

8 minutes ago, PatoArmenta said:

I so wish someone in the collecting community would ask Hasbro about this, no punches pulled.

Which is what I said I just don't believe any of them will do it.

29 minutes ago, PatoArmenta said:

Man this is such bullcrap, I swear Hasbro is doing this on purpose to suck all the fun out of the hobby. I mean, seriously? The one set most people want to complete their X-Men Second Genesis team is the one that Hasbro makes the hardest to get. I don't get it man, the Cyclops/Wolverine/Jean Grey set was readily available everywhere, same with the Colossus and Juggernaut set, what gives Hasbro? Why are you making it so hard for collectors to get their stuff? Especially now, with people being selective with what they purchase. I so wish someone in the collecting community would ask Hasbro about this, no punches pulled.

Ummmmm...it's not really Hasbro's fault.  I mean, sure, they are the ones who decided it would be an exclusive, but Target's crappy pre-order system is the issue.  Another user already said the exclusive Red Hulk was easy to find.  Target just set a limit to the preorders, which is probably WAY less than their planned order.  To make it cost effective for Hasbro, they are making thousands of this set.  It'll be ok, and pretty easy to find.  Trust me.

I've never had any trouble finding Target exclusives in-store, so I'm cool with this. Walmart is another story...

17 minutes ago, MeGrimlock78 said:

Ummmmm...it's not really Hasbro's fault.  I mean, sure, they are the ones who decided it would be an exclusive, but Target's crappy pre-order system is the issue.  Another user already said the exclusive Red Hulk was easy to find.  Target just set a limit to the preorders, which is probably WAY less than their planned order.  To make it cost effective for Hasbro, they are making thousands of this set.  It'll be ok, and pretty easy to find.  Trust me.

Yeah, I just meant easy for me to find. I live in a major metropolitan area with dozens of Targets easily accessible. I totally believe people who live in more rural areas when they say these things are tough to come by. Hell, Emma Frost and the Cuckoos proved incredibly difficult for me to get, despite the myriad Walgreens nearby. I ended up trading for both. I've seen Emma in-store since then, but never a Cuckoo.

This past couple of weeks have been a pain for collectors and preorders. I'm glad most of the stuff shown today was stuff that I wasn't dying to get because, man, what a fiasco. I want a Nimrod but not I'm gonna pay that much for a set that has 2 figures that I don't  want or need. The Storm/Thunderbird set looks nice but a bit overpriced in my opinion maybe if I find it in store, I might change my mind. Hellfire club looks great but I would have included Wyngarde and Harry Leland instead of the ladies who I feel could have done well in a wave. Anyway, after today I feel that I shouldn't even bother trying for the Hellfire set. 

28 minutes ago, tarot said:

Guys. There is very little Hasbro can do about Target and Walmart. But they are working on it.

https://twitter.com/DanYunIsTrying/status/1285690708737884161?s=20

Well, it kind of depends on what you mean by "Hasbro".  If you mean Dan or Ryan or Dwight, then no, of course they don't make huge, unilateral decisions for the entire company, and maybe they are doing everything in their power to fix this.  But if you actually mean Hasbro, then yes, they could dramatically ameliorate the situation by taking two decisive, concrete actions:

1. Immediately discontinue single-store exclusive practices.

2. Manufacture enough product to cover pre-orders taken by all of their retailers.

I understand that fan-channel exclusives are a preferable avenue for some releases.  The Hellfire Club boxed set is an example.  There is no reason in the world that Moon Knight needs to be a Walgreens exclusive.  There is no reason in the world that Storm & Thunderbird needs to be  sold only at Target.  What, realistically, are Walgreens and Target and Walmart going to do if Hasbro stops single-store exclusives?  Not carry Marvel Legends?  That's absurd.  Marvel Legends is a collector-targeted product.  Yes, Grandma wondering through Walmart might pick up an Iron Man for her grandson's birthday present, but I think a much larger percentage of the purchases are being made by adult collectors buying figures for themselves.  And adult collectors will find their toys at the place that makes it easiest for them.  They just will.

Are Department stores maybe going to stop carrying other Hasbro or Marvel products unless they get their regular sweetheart deals?  Maybe that's not as absurd, but it would be highly unlikely and, frankly, stupid.  Hasbro's Hasbro.  Selling Marvel toys.  Marvel!  And Star Wars.  And Transformers.  And G.I. Joe.  They need to throw some weight around at somebody other than their fans for a change.

That was really great of Dan to acknowledge the issue.  He's passionate, I can tell.  He's a great hype man.  But until something actually changes, it's just lip-service from the hype man.  Don't say that you're sorry and that you hear us because how many times has this SAME. EXACT. SCENARIO played out in just the past few months?

If figures are released as fan-channel exclusives, then retailers would have to compete for business.  And you know who I'm going to buy from assuming uniform MSRP?  The store with the best customer service.  The store that makes an effort to care about customer concerns.  Stores may demonstrate attention to these areas by taking two decisive, concrete actions:

1. Ensuring that pre-orders are never canceled under any circumstances that are beyond the customer's control.

2. Placing safeguards (such as captchas) to ensure that bots can't place pre-orders.

Stores that cared to implement these two policies would get the majority of my business.  Obviously I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I bet they'd get the business of a lot of people on these boards as well.

Dan, thank you for acknowledging the issue and for bringing the hype.  I appreciate you.  Now tell me how the next time is going to go: fans first, as Hasbro promises, or fans last as Hasbro consistently demonstrates?  What are you going to be tweeting next Friday, Dan?  Is it going to be "Thanks, guys.  We listened, and we're glad everyone had fun today", or is it going to be "Sorry, guys.  We hear your frustrations.  We're working on it"?

Hasbro needs to get real.  Adult collectors do not have the time for this kind of stuff.  Folks are starting to rage quit.  I see it on here.  I see it on Reddit.  I see it on other boards.  I see it in real life.  Hasbro is poised to start hemorrhaging fans and revenue.  They are custodians of some very important and very lucrative brands, and the mismanagement of those brands is getting worse, not better.  It's time for Hasbro to take action.  Those actions right up there at the top of this post.  So what's it going to be?

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Guys. There is very little Hasbro can do about Target and Walmart. But they are working on it.

https://twitter.com/DanYunIsTrying/status/1285690708737884161?s=20

Deeds, not words. Acknowledging a problem is not "working on it." The guy basically says "To Bad So Sad." Check Neca's statement, THAT'S what I wanna hear.

9 hours ago, Summers71 said:

ARGH! why is the Thunderbird/Storm 2 pack a Target exclusive?? Going to be tough to find here North of the boarder

Sadly, I highly doubt I will ever get this 2 pack...I'll have to be contented with my Marvel Select Storm 

4 hours ago, Satam said:

It's the headsculpt from the Jim Lee-esque Psylocke from 2018.

Thanks Satam...So it is a repaint as expected then....at least a purple hair this time I guess.

5 hours ago, JayC said:

Gone is seconds.

Hasbro is getting a lot of love during this pandemic...literally anything they release gets sold out...seems to be a golden age in toys....has it been always this crazy? I started collecting late 2019, I'm just floored at how much love and support the Marvel legends are getting especially the haslab sentinel.

2 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Hasbro. DO BETTER. All you had to do was follow this guy's example....

Classic-Storm-By-Rafaelocustoms-02__scaled_600.jpg

Whoa there my friend. There are far too many curves on that thing to be certain that one very small sect of the collector community and Karens worldwide will not be offended, so we must tone down and censor the entire planet for the sensitivities of the minority. I'm choking up lunch here.

5 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

129D40B4-4C57-4436-B104-A098C256A029.jpeg

61DC1414-9413-452B-BAC6-F93B1376AA34.jpeg

91D23C97-11B4-4FC4-BB82-612D7C73480C.jpeg

02073C71-1CC2-4FA7-B59F-84045D96D827.jpeg

That looks good. Unfortunately (and I'm sure you know this) at the time he wore this look in X-Force he did not have the Vibranium blades. But, the simple fact that they gave him 2 grip hands means they will most assuredly be doing the Black & Gray modern version very soon. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't use those exact blades for the molding process.

8 minutes ago, monron999 said:

That looks good. Unfortunately (and I'm sure you know this) at the time he wore this look in X-Force he did not have the Vibranium blades. But, the simple fact that they gave him 2 grip hands means they will most assuredly be doing the Black & Gray modern version very soon. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't use those exact blades for the molding process.

I was only doing this because others had asked to see it. But they should be on an up and down hinge anyways.

23 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Much obliged friend.