Hasbro Fan-First Tuesday Marvel Legends Live-Stream Event - SDCC Exclsuives and X-Men Store Exclusives

JayC

5 hours ago, monron999 said:

Here we go again, my friend. We've gone round and round enough I'm pretty much sure you know exactly where I'm coming from. And for future reference, EVERYTHING I say and do is deliberate. I'm with you about women being all shapes and sizes. My wife is a fitness trainer and she actually resembles Kate Bishop rather than Moonstone, as far as action figure comparisons go. No biggie, she's beautiful either way. What I'm getting at is if Hasbro is going to insist on doing era sensitive characters, as they've been doing much of lately, then they should do them right. As @Atlantis puts it, DO BETTER. It's a perfectly viable and valid statement. One that I'm able to understand where he's coming from, and it's not from a "Gazers" perspective. I don't want to drudge up the "Where did the Moonstone buck go?" argument again, but it's relevant, I think. Think what you want about it, but it has been phased out, and it's pretty apparent, in today's environment, why it was. If you really don't think there's anything to it than stop reading now cuz I'm preaching to the deaf. I was willing to buy into the argument that it maybe just wasn't being used more often because the characters are being drawn more "realistic" (it's a subjective word, but there seems to be only one correct interpretation these days). Even giving them that, if there was any reason to make the Storm character look less "realistic" it was right here. Bigger curves would have been totally appropriate, whether they used the Moonstone buck or other, because that's what she looked like during the era they are trying to portray. I promise, you will never hear me complain about the proportions of the Lee era Storm, because they are accurate for the time. It's clear they specifically and deliberately shrunk parts of this FA Storm figure down (most likely after sculpt approval) just to appease the "where's her organs" crowd that are trying to destroy artists like J. Scott Campbell and Ed Benes, because it looks absolutely ridiculous and apparent that it was altered later. Again, and I know I'm being redundant, but it's necessary in a world where so many people's sole purpose for waking up in the morning is to be offended by anything and everything they don't agree with (ie. Karens), but I'm not saying EVERY female character needs a massive rack or booty, but when it's appropriate, just do it and do it right.

I mean, do you not find the least bit of irony in the fact that most of the people who claim to be the most "inclusive" are so quick to paint a group of fans with a broad brush as Fantasy Gazers without even entertaining the argument they're trying to make before judging them?

As far as inclusiveness, it's one of those things that's become such a buzz word and a dog whistle that people insist on building it into areas that don't exactly need it. On the large, male and female tastes are often very different, no matter how much some people love to deny it. Are there girls/women who like or love action figures? Absolutely. Are there boys/men who like dolls? Most definitely. Is the percentage of those groups big enough to change the general direction of a successful franchise? Hell no! You aren't gonna catch Hasbro trying to be "more inclusive to others" by trying to steer My Little Pony to be more friendly to males. No, because they know it won't work. Furthermore, the Bronies that I know personally do not want the line to be changed in that aspect in any way. They like it for what it is and would be upset if they tried to change it too much. Will Mattel ever consider making a Ken based line for boys? No. Not that there aren't people that wouldn't like them or buy them, but the demand for this is in such a minority that it's just not financially in Mattel's best interest to do it. It's just numbers and as much as the Guardians of Society try to deflect from it, it's always gonna be the deciding factor. There's only one determining factor that makes ML any different than those lines I just mentioned and that's Disney. Right now ML is a huge property with a largely successful track record. Right now, Hasbro is kneeling to Disney by taking on of it's best selling franchises and seeing how far they can take it before the fans start to get pissed. The majority of the time, the people complaining about unreal body types and inclusiveness are not even fans of the product. They just live to point out and call out the stuff they don't agree with. They would love nothing more than to see ML crash and burn as to never have to see those unrealistic bodies and impossibly beautiful fantasies on the shelves ever again. Give a Karen enough rope and they will hang us with it. I promise, if and when the fans finally turn on this line it will be because they continue to pander to the wrong side.

I don't want to argue with you. I actually respect that you have such strong convictions, but so do many others on this site. Most are content to keep them to themselves, but I suspect there are a great many of them are also just so afraid of being written of as some kind of "ist" of "phobe" that they're afraid of stating even an innocent observation for fear of it being taken out of context to suite one's desire to be offended.

I 100% agree with what you’ve said here. I do tend to stay away from threads like this because unfortunately, even on this board anything can be taken out of context and miles of “intent” can be read into a simple thought.  And I’ve learned that despite people saying they are open to a discussion, they do not bend from their beliefs and don’t accept a difference of opinion.  Not pointing any one person out, just saying it happens. A. Lot.

all it takes are one or two trigger words and in pour the reactionists. To this end I normally stay out of arguments regarding the proportions of my action figures.

If “real world” features like a gut or big butt are how that particular is character is represented, no harm in making the plastic version accurate. 

I think I remember the Corvus Glaive/Loki two-pack was a Target exclusive (?) and that two-pack ended up at Toys R Us in Canada, now clearanced. Hopefully if I don't find the Storm/Thunderbird in US Targets I can find it in Canada.

8 hours ago, Benn said:

Add 10) retro-carded 80th anniversary Deadpool repaint, and 11) Hit Monkey two-pack Deadpool to this list; plus 12) Juggernaut-wave modern Deadpool was only four years ago.

I knew I forgot some figures :S

31 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I think I remember the Corvus Glaive/Loki two-pack was a Target exclusive (?) and that two-pack ended up at Toys R Us in Canada, now clearanced. Hopefully if I don't find the Storm/Thunderbird in US Targets I can find it in Canada.

I knew I forgot some figures :S

Word is my fellow Canadian that indeed we will be getting Storm x T-Bird 2pack down the road as  TRU exclusive, a fellow collector got the info from a TRU employee who cross referenced that SKU for the pack,, and it showed up in the TRU computer.

the question is when...and also how hard will it be to find... I mean the Red Hulk fiasco is still a real thing

6 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Word is my fellow Canadian that indeed we will be getting Storm x T-Bird 2pack down the road as  TRU exclusive, a fellow collector got the info from a TRU employee who cross referenced that SKU for the pack,, and it showed up in the TRU computer.

😄

If it's showing up now, is that any indication it'll be in Canada this year? lol (I don't know, just spitballing here).

I distinctly remember Canadian fans were raging at possibly never getting Glaive because that two-pack came to the North late.

6 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

the question is when...and also how hard will it be to find... I mean the Red Hulk fiasco is still a real thing

Found 3 Red Hulks the other day, but I only collect X-men so I left them.

14 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

😄

If it's showing up now, is that any indication it'll be in Canada this year? lol (I don't know, just spitballing here).

I distinctly remember Canadian fans were raging at possibly never getting Glaive because that two-pack came to the North late.

Found 3 Red Hulks the other day, but I only collect X-men so I left them.

I'd imagine we'd as usual see this pack later on in the year from the original US Date, as we do tend to get the exclusives with like a 2-3 month lag from when the US gets them, so let's say Dec or earlier Jan, I'd say Dec...

yeah that Corvus pack certainly took a long time to arrive here as did that insta clearanced Binary Cap Marvel

And what no way you found 3 Red Hulks! where are you though? because he's still causing problems.. and I think you may have just hit a patch of luck

I had no luck ever finding Red Hulk on shelves, had to find a store (much farther away than my usual Targets) that had them in stock and was able to reserve two from store pickup. First and only time I found them, if I hadn’t jumped on the store and committed to the longer drive I never would have found him in person

7 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Vancouver. Admittedly that was the first and only time I've seen them so, yea, just perfect timing.

redhulk.jpg

Yeah that seems like a perfect timing thing, I never have seen a Red Hulk on the shelf and never Online either here at TRU

I lucky enough got it for my birthday

14 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah that seems like a perfect timing thing, I never have seen a Red Hulk on the shelf and never Online either here at TRU

I lucky enough got it for my birthday

I've only ever seen the tag listing on the shelves. I asked an employee if they had any in the back and he told me they had only gotten 2, freaking 2! I then asked if he knew if it was gonna be restocked and he said that information was "unavailable", whatever that means. He did give me UPC that I could use with an inventory checker and I only ever got one hit since. Again, it was for 2 figures and they were long gone before I even got there.

6 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Just read somewhere else there will be no live stream this week. I guess that means the reveals are done.😞😞😞

they may not have a livestream but they may reveal somethinng through other means. They have teamed up with the Marvel team to reveal stuff for the past couple of year or they could just do a press release of certain figures.

4 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Whew..I hope so. Wanna see Rogue and Stiltman!!

no no. we wouldn't see those i think. I think we would see stuff like the complete venom wave and the Rogue/Pyro set

also don't forget, there is also Marvel Monday on the 2nd of July. 

18 hours ago, McHogan said:

I 100% agree with what you’ve said here. I do tend to stay away from threads like this because unfortunately, even on this board anything can be taken out of context and miles of “intent” can be read into a simple thought.  And I’ve learned that despite people saying they are open to a discussion, they do not bend from their beliefs and don’t accept a difference of opinion.  Not pointing any one person out, just saying it happens. A. Lot.

all it takes are one or two trigger words and in pour the reactionists. To this end I normally stay out of arguments regarding the proportions of my action figures.

If “real world” features like a gut or big butt are how that particular is character is represented, no harm in making the plastic version accurate. 

Thanks. Its really frustrating that anyone is arguing over this concept. As monron said, quoting me..." As @Atlantis puts it, DO BETTER. It's a perfectly viable and valid statement. One that I'm able to understand where he's coming from, and it's not from a "Gazers" perspective..."

Hasbro is doing the first appearance 70s era Storm. As they have with all the other figures, those figures should look as accurate to the comic as possible. Nightcrawler, Colossus, Cyclops, Rogue all look like they were lifted from the page. There is no reason Storm and any other female figure cant look the same. I have no

Part of what agitated me is, that sale went up and was over in seconds, freezing out the rest of us for a figure they KNOW we all want. Also, when Hasbeen did their reveal, they acknowledged the figure wasn't up to snuff and that the final product would be corrected. Clearly they didn't do that. So yeah, I was venting. Its by no means horrible, its still a good figure.  I love the different heads and different capes, but when you stack it up against the Rafaelcustom job, it falls flat.

The comment that there "aren't human people with that body, at least naturally occurring"....one, there Are. I've seen and dated women like that. Two, there aren't human people with the Hulk or the Thing's body either, but Hasbro is able to depict them as they are in the comics. "Perfectly circular bowling balls stapled to that chest would snap her waist in half"....come on, thats an exaggeration.   "...that sort of depiction of women...makes most women feel like the medium isn't for them".  Ok, that makes sense, but again, we are talking about the figure representing what's in the comics, not real life. So the point is moot. Most male comic book readers, editors and artists don't have bodies anything like the Black Panther's or Namor's. So is the medium not "for us", then?

I just got the Maverick figure, in all its ridiculous 90s era glory. All the straps, ammo belts, hoses, armor plating is all there (his breathing filter thing is there too, but it doesn't really fit on the face). No skimping, no shortcuts- they even sculpted on the crotch-strap thing on his pants. Totally comic accurate, and Storm should be too.

str.jpg

@Atlantis more excellent remarks and I continue to agree with your point of view. 

The comics and toy medium are full of rare but achievable physiques. While some admittedly are disproportionate I have always chalked that up to that particular artists/sculpters style and less a anatomy lesson. I mean, take any Rob Liefield drawing and aspire to those impossible dimensions 

But, cmon, go all the way.. get it as accurate as possible. The correct height, the correct costume details, and yes the correct physiques that they are portrayed as. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
6 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Well I for one will be buying multiple Storms and doing a custom of one with the moonstone upper torso. Now just to find the thing in the wild. 

Hell yea, Can't wait to see it brother!

am I the only one that is really curious as to the whereabouts of the information in regards to the Fan Vote figure... I want to know who won, and when we can get it, because I really hope it is Silk and I can get that... I'm still missing a Silk , I need her

8 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

am I the only one that is really curious as to the whereabouts of the information in regards to the Fan Vote figure... I want to know who won, and when we can get it, because I really hope it is Silk and I can get that... I'm still missing a Silk , I need her

They wanted to reveal it during the panel this year but that fell through. So they may reveal it later in the month.

5 minutes ago, tarot said:

They wanted to reveal it during the panel this year but that fell through. So they may reveal it later in the month.

Alright, well at least the news you are bringing is that, this wasn't just forgotten or a not going to happen thing because of the no panel happening

I was thinking we would have seen this by now though