Marvel Legends Deluxe Marvel's War Machine Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Deluxe Marvel's War Machine figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-War-Machine-01.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-War-Machine-02.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-War-Machine-03.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-War-Machine-04.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-War-Machine-05.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-War-Machine-06.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-War-Machine-07.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-War-Machine-08.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-War-Machine-09.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-War-Machine-10.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-War-Machine-11.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-War-Machine-12.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-War-Machine-13.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-War-Machine-14.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-War-Machine-15.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-War-Machine-16.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Deluxe-War-Machine-17.JPG

yeah it's an awesome figure indeed, very stoked about this, I'd say it took way to long for them to provide us collectors with such a top notch interpretation of old Rhodey, but I still think even despite it's accessories it's a lame move to make this"deluxe" and mark that price up, they could have easily put this stuff into a regular package.. look they basically did already with IM2020

Yes very nice figure, love this era of War Machine, in my opinion the best armor he’s ever worn.

I always thought that old Toy Biz WM was one of their best, Hasbro has once again improved and updated another classic..

I like how the War Machine armor is a tad taller than classic IM armor. Pre-ordered it yesterday but it says available Oct 1st . How'd this guy get it 4+ months early??

this armor is the Ironman model XVI /MKII-A War Machine armor & It's not a "Turret", it's an electric mini gun.  Similar to those found on military aircraft, the spiral-packed magazine carries 1,800 caseless, electrically primed, 3.9 mm regular or spent-uranium-core armor-piercing rounds. It can be set to fire 1 or 1,000 rounds per second. (Extra ammo packs are stored on a utility-like belt.)

It's a deployable missle box,, not cannons/torpedoes.

Model XVI features a deployable Missile Box with an eight missile cache, stored in “silos” with one-shot frangible weather seals capable of launching a payload of different missiles according to mission: Anti-Tank, Anti-Ship, Spent Uranium Core Armor-Piercing, Flame Bomb, Fire Suppressant, Smoke, Tear Gas, Radio Repeater and a Sub-Nuke (equivalent to 1.8 kilotons of TNT). The box is a removable module, used when needed. It attaches to the shoulder via magnetic clamping. When in the stowed position, it’s in standby mode, resting on the back like a backpack. When deployed, it quickly drives up a high-speed positioning rail and locks in place.

Each missile has a forward-looking sensors tuned to the blink-rate of the laser sight. Stark can target several targets at once, “painting” them with his high-speed scan and different blink rates. He can fire all eight missiles at once—all at different targets. And although only the size of road flares, the missiles hit Mach 2 in just 5 seconds.

These reviewers really need to do their homework before they review a figure that features a ton of military type weaponry such as War Machine does. 

Model XVI features a deployable Missile Box with an eight missile cache, stored in “silo

Model XVI features a deployable Missile Box with an eight missile cache, stored in “silos” with one-shot frangible weather seals capable of launching a payload of different missiles according to mission: Anti-Tank, Anti-Ship, Spent Uranium Core Armor-Piercing, Flame Bomb, Fire Suppressant, Smoke, Tear Gas, Radio Repeater and a Sub-Nuke (equivalent to 1.8 kilotons of TNT). The box is a removable module, used when needed. It attaches to the shoulder via magnetic clamping. When in the stowed position, it’s in standby mode, resting on the back like a backpack. When deployed, it quickly drives up a high-speed positioning rail and locks in place.

Each missile has a forward-looking sensors tuned to the blink-rate of the laser sight. Stark can target several targets at once, “painting” them with his high-speed scan and different blink rates. He can fire all eight missiles at once—all at different targets. And although only the size of road flares, the missiles hit Mach 2 in just 5 seconds.

s” with one-shot frangible weather seals capable of launching a payload of different missiles according to mission: Anti-Tank, Anti-Ship, Spent Uranium Core Armor-Piercing, Flame Bomb, Fire Suppressant, Smoke, Tear Gas, Radio Repeater and a Sub-Nuke (equivalent to 1.8 kilotons of TNT). The box is a removable module, used when needed. It attaches to the shoulder via magnetic clamping. When in the stowed position, it’s in standby mode, resting on the back like a backpack. When deployed, it quickly drives up a high-speed positioning rail and locks in place.

Model XVI features a deployable Missile Box with an eight missile cache, stored in “silos” with one-shot frangible weather seals capable of launching a payload of different missiles according to mission: Anti-Tank, Anti-Ship, Spent Uranium Core Armor-Piercing, Flame Bomb, Fire Suppressant, Smoke, Tear Gas, Radio Repeater and a Sub-Nuke (equivalent to 1.8 kilotons of TNT). The box is a removable It attaches to the shoulder via magnetic clamping. When in the stowe position, it’s in standby mode, resting on the back like a backpack. Wen deployed, it quickly drives up a high-speed positioning rail and ocks in place.

Each missile has a forward-lookig sensors tuned to the blink-rate of the laser sight. Stark can target seeral targets at once, “painting” them with his high-speed scan and ifferent blink rates. He can fire all eight missiles at once—all at diffeent targets. And although only the size of road flares, the missiles hi Mach 2 in just 5 seconds.

Model XVI features a deployable Missie Box with an eight missile cache, stored in “silos” with one-shot frngible weather seals capable of launching a payload of different missies according to mission: Anti-Tank, Anti-Ship, Spent Uranium CoreArmor-Piercing, Flame Bomb, Fire Suppressant, Smoke, Tear Gas Radio Repeater and a Sub-Nuke (equivalent to 1.8 kilotons of TN). The box is a removable module, used when needed. It attaches to he shoulder via magnetic clamping. When in the stowed position, it’s i standby mode, resting on the back like a backpack. When deployed,it quickly drives up a high-speed positioning rail and locks in place.sile has a forward-looking sensors tuned to the blink-rate of the laseright. Stark can target several targets at once, “painting” them withWar Machine reviewers need to do some research on the character & his weapons arsenal prior to their reviews. The apparatus that the mini gun & rocket/ missile launchers operate on is called a rail system. My only gripe is that they should've included open hands to utilize his repulsor blast capabilities as well.

5 hours ago, Gigantor said:

I like how the War Machine armor is a tad taller than classic IM armor. Pre-ordered it yesterday but it says available Oct 1st . How'd this guy get it 4+ months early??

this armor is the Ironman model 11/MK 1 War Machine armor & It's not a "Turret", it's a mini gun/gatlin gun. It's mini rockets or mini missiles , not cannons/torpedoes. These War Machine reviewers need to do some research on the character & his weapons arsenal prior to their reviews. The apparatus that the mini gun & rocket/ missile launchers operate on is called a rail system. My only gripe is that they should've included open hands to utilize his repulsor blast capabilities as well.

Apparently it has been seen in some areas. ShartimusPrime reposted a pic of at least 4 of them on shelves.

No way should this have been a deluxe, this could have easily been a Deluxe figure but Hasbro's greed got the better of them 

1 hour ago, leokearon said:

Apparently it has been seen in some areas. ShartimusPrime reposted a pic of at least 4 of them on shelves.

No way should this have been a deluxe, this could have easily been a Deluxe figure but Hasbro's greed got the better of them 

I guess they rationalize it as the figure being $20 & all the weapons accessories /blast FX & alternate head sculpt adding another $10.

34 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I guess they rationalize it as the figure being $20 & all the weapons accessories /blast FX & alternate head sculpt adding another $10.

which I still stand by saying it seems like a bit unreasonable, like I said earlier in this thread this basically has the same level of accessories as Iron Man 2020, I mean there is an extra head... but let's be real not much to say worthy of being a deluxe figure, we have seen virtually the same amount of accessories in figures that belong to BAF waves like for instance Jugg wave Deadpool

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

which I still stand by saying it seems like a bit unreasonable, like I said earlier in this thread this basically has the same level of accessories as Iron Man 2020, I mean there is an extra head... but let's be real not much to say worthy of being a deluxe figure, we have seen virtually the same amount of accessories in figures that belong to BAF waves like for instance Jugg wave Deadpool

I think Hasbro is testing the waters to see what will sell at the $30 price point.  Obviously Red Hulk was a big success, not so sure about how the other offerings are doing (I'm thinking of mcu Giant-man, mcu deluxe widow, and the venom repaint).  

I do agree that it is a little bizarre for this War Machine to come out so soon after IM 2020, who also has a bunch of the same accessories and a much lower price.  Seems like it would've made more sense to do IM 2020 this year and wait til next year to do War Machine.  That way you could get people buying IM 2020 just for the effect pieces whereas now they can simply wait and get WM instead(and as a bonus, avoid hunting at WG).  OTOH if you reversed it and released WM before IM 2020 then i think IM 2020 would be selling even more poorly than he  (apparently) is, since WM is a much more in-demand character.

But again, seems like Hasbro is just trying to see if throwing in a bunch of accessories will get people to pay $30.   WG seems to really like exclusives with a lot of alternate heads/accessories, so maybe hasbro goes the extra mile with them just to keep the chain carrying MLs. I dunno.

Agree the price is odd as a deluxe figure, as many have stated IM 2020 is $10 cheaper with nearly the same accessories.

my 2 cents, with WM not being a store exclusive maybe they are testing the waters as Bashpic said. A $30 figure in many more possible stores could generate the income Hasbro is looking for in Deluxe figs. IM2020 being regulated to one store, there is much lower chance of getting $30 ( much less finding him) in stores.

as far as deluxe figs: 

Venom: zero accessories (but large)

Archangel: extra heads and accessory for another figure

Red Hulk: extra hands

Giant-Man: no accessories but again large(ish) 

War Machine: extra head and blast accessories 

Hasbro is kinda all over the board with no real indication of what makes any figure deluxe. 

Either way, will be picking WM up when I see him. So glad he is not a Target exclusive. Red Hulk left a bad taste in my mouth for tracking down wanted figures

4 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I think Hasbro is testing the waters to see what will sell at the $30 price point.  Obviously Red Hulk was a big success, not so sure about how the other offerings are doing (I'm thinking of mcu Giant-man, mcu deluxe widow, and the venom repaint).  

I do agree that it is a little bizarre for this War Machine to come out so soon after IM 2020, who also has a bunch of the same accessories and a much lower price.  Seems like it would've made more sense to do IM 2020 this year and wait til next year to do War Machine.  That way you could get people buying IM 2020 just for the effect pieces whereas now they can simply wait and get WM instead(and as a bonus, avoid hunting at WG).  OTOH if you reversed it and released WM before IM 2020 then i think IM 2020 would be selling even more poorly than he  (apparently) is, since WM is a much more in-demand character.

But again, seems like Hasbro is just trying to see if throwing in a bunch of accessories will get people to pay $30.   WG seems to really like exclusives with a lot of alternate heads/accessories, so maybe hasbro goes the extra mile with them just to keep the chain carrying MLs. I dunno.

I agree in large part. I think Hasbro has seen other companies like Bandai and MAFEX do similar (and IMO, inferior) figures and get away with charging "premium" prices, and most people are happy to pass it off as reasonable due to the amount of accessories. If Hasbro can keep doing the same quality of product, include a lot more accessories and market and sell it towards the collector crowd in a style that has seemed to be profitable for those import companies, AND do it at a $30 price point, they could get a big piece of that market. Seriously, without the cool accessories, can anyone really make an excuse that the MAFEX Jim Lee Cyclops was better than the ML version? Aside from the usual complaint about the Bucky Cap mold being overused?

7 hours ago, Benn said:

Nah, they've been totally consistent! It's the wider packaging. 🙂

Yeah it's simply can we spread these accessories out enough to fill this new "deluxe" box, and will people possibly pay a higher price for the wider box, because bigger is better, and bigger is more!.. and they have seen the people say Yes

I mean when you give us already put together BAFs at a decent price, and Comic Warmachine (which we wanted for years), nobody can say no

who wants to bet Comic Falcon is going to be a deluxe... because he is going to have to come with Red Wing and plenty of blasty stuff, also Classic Comic Dr. Strange... yeah cause he's gonna have tons of magicky stuff, once we fall in line and start coughing up the dough they know they can hook us.. they see it works , they knew Arno stark wasn't popular enough to swindle us into paying a deluxe price for so they slyly kept him in a standard package , Hasbro is going to do their darn best to make us pay more and make us think it's warranted going forward

On 7/24/2020 at 2:01 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah it's simply can we spread these accessories out enough to fill this new "deluxe" box, and will people possibly pay a higher price for the wider box, because bigger is better, and bigger is more!.. and they have seen the people say Yes

I mean when you give us already put together BAFs at a decent price, and Comic Warmachine (which we wanted for years), nobody can say no

who wants to bet Comic Falcon is going to be a deluxe... because he is going to have to come with Red Wing and plenty of blasty stuff, also Classic Comic Dr. Strange... yeah cause he's gonna have tons of magicky stuff, once we fall in line and start coughing up the dough they know they can hook us.. they see it works , they knew Arno stark wasn't popular enough to swindle us into paying a deluxe price for so they slyly kept him in a standard package , Hasbro is going to do their darn best to make us pay more and make us think it's warranted going forward

Why would comic Falcon come with "Blasty" stuff? Unless you want a modern comic Falcon, which Hasbro has already done ala His replacing Cap outfit. Classic comic based Falcon is version a lot of us are clamoring for & just like War Machine, long overdue!

lhnVHah.jpg

gwIz2fU.jpg

Give him an alternate angry head sculpt, in flight hands & fist hands & of course, his trusty ally Redwing. No "blasty" stuff needed. 

12 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

Why would comic Falcon come with "Blasty" stuff? Unless you want a modern comic Falcon, which Hasbro has already done ala His replacing Cap outfit. Classic comic based Falcon is version a lot of us are clamoring for & just like War Machine, long overdue!

lhnVHah.jpg

gwIz2fU.jpg

Give him an alternate angry head sculpt, in flight hands & fist hands & of course, his trusty ally Redwing. No "blasty" stuff needed. 

I just presumed he'd come with some effects of sort, maybe Blasty things was the wrong wording.. like maybe a few pieces for his head to look like hes telelpathically communicating with Red Wing, also I'd imagine multiple hands and an unmasked head or some other head like you say

37 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

I just presumed he'd come with some effects of sort, maybe Blasty things was the wrong wording.. like maybe a few pieces for his head to look like hes telelpathically communicating with Red Wing, also I'd imagine multiple hands and an unmasked head or some other head like you say

Nah, Just alternate heads & hands would be more than enough for me. 

I could see them giving us Falcon in standard packaging, no extra head because Red Wing would take up the extras slot with maybe extra hands, though with wings and a bird the figure may be bare bones

edit: although now that I think about it, Vulture got wings and an extra head, so maybe Falcon could to

2 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Nah, Just alternate heads & hands would be more than enough for me. 

Oh yeah I'd be content without the extras, I was just spitballing how they'd make Falcon into a deluxe potentially, I would rather him not be, but I sorta just had a spidey tingle they may go that route, I think with the really asked for characters.. it wouldn't be a surprise if they start going deluxe, because they know that we won't say no to these glaring omissions in our collection , I do hope I'm wrong though