Guest EUPHORICVIKING
48 minutes ago, bashpics99 said:

At this point, i'll settle for any Rogue released as a $20 solo figure instead of part of a $50 2-pack, not gonna get too fussy about which costume they use.  I did see the Jim Lee one at a WG a few years past and have since regretted passing on it, even though the eyes were kinda derpy. 

I got Rogues for $16 on clearance, i may get a new one for head swapping possibilities, but they will never put her on the moonstone body mold again. Whoop whoop!

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
3 hours ago, tarot said:

I'm thinking it's not the Jim Lee figure in animated colors. I think it will be the Excalibur rogue colors. I have heard rumors of an Excalibur Box set.

a2nfnvolkpt31.jpg

Her Excalibur look is pretty close to her Jim Lee or Animated look. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
9 minutes ago, tarot said:

there are differences but yeah. Personally I don't see them making it in animated colors. They seem to want tonot make anything from that series.

Nothing official, but jean grey with the pony tail was definitely a nod to the show. 

The animated series for the most part is Foxes interpretation of the Jim Lee X-men. A comic adapted to television for children in the early 90's. With the exception of Morph you can pretty much recreate the animated cast. 

10 minutes ago, tarot said:

there are differences but yeah. Personally I don't see them making it in animated colors. They seem to want tonot make anything from that series.

What!?  Professor X was made wearing his animated series suit & tie.  The monochromatic backdrop in his packaging is literally art from the show.

5 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

What!?  Professor X was made wearing his animated series suit & tie.  The monochromatic backdrop in his packaging is literally art from the show.

Dude. Professor X mostly wear shirts and ties. if he has a classic costume, that would be it. and it is based on the comics.

profx02c.jpg?w=400&h=450&crop=1

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
17 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

15 minutes ago, tarot said:

Dude. Professor X mostly wear shirts and ties. if he has a classic costume, that would be it. and it is based on the comics.

The animated series for the most part is Foxes interpretation of the Jim Lee X-men. A comic adapted to television for children in the early 90's. With the exception of Morph you can pretty much recreate the animated cast

5 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

The animated series for the most part is Foxes interpretation of the Jim Lee X-men. A comic adapted to television for children in the early 90's. With the exception of Morph you can pretty much recreate the animated cast

Yep. the only different is some slight colors like Jean Grey's pale pink and Storms silver/white/grey

13 minutes ago, tarot said:

Yes, I understand Professor X wears a suit & tie.  I contend that in the animated series he wore a specific green suit and blue & black striped tie that his action figure replicated exactly and intentionally.  I seriously doubt reproducing his animated series look was a pure coincidence.  And then they packaged him directly over art from the show.

Also, assuming that image hasn't been recolored, it looks like it's from Adam Kubert's run on Uncanny maybe?  The debut of the animated series predates that run by many years.  In any case, it's clearly a reference to the show, and not the other way around.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

Yes, I understand Professor X wears a suit & tie.  I contend that in the animated series he wore a specific green suit and blue & black striped tie that his action figure replicated exactly and intentionally.  I seriously doubt reproducing his animated series look was a pure coincidence.  And then they packaged him directly over art from the show.

Also, assuming that image hasn't been recolored, it looks like it's from Adam Kubert's run on Uncanny maybe?  The debut of the animated series predates that run by many years.  In any case, it's clearly a reference to the show, and not the other way around.

The animated show was different in his hover chair. This was one of the TV adaptions. Again not a big change but different none the less. 

X-Men '92 ArtFX+ Professor X Statue

Everyone seems to be assuming the yellow is the actual finished product color. To me that just looks like the dull, waxy color of some leftover product they just used for prototype. Cuz if that's the yellow they plan on using it's really bland and washed out. The final color could be anything. Maybe black for the Outback Rogue (my personal hope) or maybe even green for Savage Land Rogue

6 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I got Rogues for $16 on clearance, i may get a new one for head swapping possibilities, but they will never put her on the moonstone body mold again. Whoop whoop!

As I said in this thread

Where I did a lot of speculating and conspiracy business

I am almost certain we will be seeing a Re-release/Retro Rogue figure coming out soon

but most importantly during an interview with the Marvel Legends team, they were asked if we'd be seeing the Moonstone buck ever used again, and they confirmed YES, 2 times by the end of the year, that's probably going to be rogue (for 1), we know they didn't use that buck for the Hellfire queens , so seems likely she probably will just come on the Moonstone buck.. because I feel like other than the fact its rogue, one of the biggest draws to this fig is because she is on the Moonstone buck we know how much people love that busty buck, I doubt they'd change it.. Rogue in the Jim Lee outfit is like every bodys modern grail.. going for stupid prices like 250 dollars

I think it's either a retro/"best of" re-release/update of the Jim Lee costume (potentially in the animated series palette), a whole new take on that look as part of the Dawn of X wave (since she's wearing that same costume again now), or potentially an Age of Apocalypse Rogue. The Excalibur look would be cool too, though.

7 hours ago, tarot said:

I'm not sure what makes you think that. We got Storm in her animated series colours, Jean got her ponytail and Cyclops his jacket in the Love Triangle boxset, Cyclops and Wolverine were re-coloured in that set to be more like the animated series, Professor X is wearing his animated series suit, and grey Beast's glasses and book seem like a direct reference too. We're a Morph, alternate heads for Beast and Gambit, a different chair for the professor, and alternate Rogue colours away from having a pretty intentional animated team.

4 hours ago, monron999 said:

Everyone seems to be assuming the yellow is the actual finished product color. To me that just looks like the dull, waxy color of some leftover product they just used for prototype. Cuz if that's the yellow they plan on using it's really bland and washed out. The final color could be anything. Maybe black for the Outback Rogue (my personal hope) or maybe even green for Savage Land Rogue

I agree that that wasn't the final colour, but I'd be surprised if the choice to show it in some form of yellow wasn't important. I'd love to be wrong, because I definitely want the Outback team more than anything else too, but I think it'll end up being a yellow-gloved Rogue.

4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

but most importantly during an interview with the Marvel Legends team, they were asked if we'd be seeing the Moonstone buck ever used again, and they confirmed YES, 2 times by the end of the year, that's probably going to be rogue (for 1), we know they didn't use that buck for the Hellfire queens , so seems likely she probably will just come on the Moonstone buck.. because I feel like other than the fact its rogue, one of the biggest draws to this fig is because she is on the Moonstone buck we know how much people love that busty buck, I doubt they'd change it.. Rogue in the Jim Lee outfit is like every bodys modern grail.. going for stupid prices like 250 dollars

I seem to remember that interview answer being a little more wishy-washy than that, but I haven't gone back and watched it to check. I'm pretty sure Dwight said "one or two times" and "this year or next". I definitely don't remember him being definitive that it was two times this year. And even if he was, he's shown in other interviews that he's not always clear on timelines since his team sculpts so far ahead of when stuff actually gets released, so I wouldn't get too disappointed if those figures end up not releasing until (probably early) next year. In any event, you're probably right that one of them is Rogue. I hope you're not, because I'd much rather see her on a brand new sculpt of that body-type, but you probably are!

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
4 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

As I said in this thread

Where I did a lot of speculating and conspiracy business

I am almost certain we will be seeing a Re-release/Retro Rogue figure coming out soon

This is great news!! Cant wait to see another sexy ass rogue.

9 hours ago, monron999 said:

They specifically said "It's a tiny yellow hand holding a yellow little glove."

As for the second Moonstone buck, I certainly won't be complaining if we're getting a Meggan, but if we're talking thicc, I'm hoping it's M.

3 hours ago, monron999 said:

Anyone taking bets that the 2nd figure will be Meggan from Excalibur? Commence finger crossing.......now!

I wouldn't care how they released a Meggan, can we just please get a Meggan , has any one ever seen the master of beautiful customs Boombaloox? check his work on a Meggan .. if he can do it Hasbro can