Marvel Legends Deluxe Marvel's Apocalypse Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Deluxe Marvel's Apocalypse figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor at BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

AoA-Apocalypse-22.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-21.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-09.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-08.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-07.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-06.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-05.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-04.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-03.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-02.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-01.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-10.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-12.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-11.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-17.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-16.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-14.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-15.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-13.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-18.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-19.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-20.JPG

This is probably the least annoying AoA design of any character in the story. I could actually see this as his mainstream look. Love this figure and I love that buck. I hope to see this mold as a Champion of the Universe figure one day. I know he's listed as a legit 10 footer, but he's rarely shown that tall. In fact, he's rarely shown at all in the comics anymore.

Now this is a deluxe figure. Glorious. War Machine is nice, but the price is - like deluxe BWM Black Widow, repack BAFs of Giant Man & Venom - out of line. 

This though, is a wholly new figure which LOOKS deluxe. And beautiful. And size, and accessories. What's not to like? The fact that this is X-orientated is a huge sell for me, but irrespective of theme/property, Hasbro should use what they've done here as the kind of figure necessary to justify that 'deluxe' price point. And there are so many (comic) contenders that could work at this scale: Kurse (Simonson version), 1980's New Mutants Doug-Lock, Iron Man Phoenix killer armour, Blob, Madame Webb, Thanos, Annhilus, Maestro... and did someone say, "Box from Alpha Flight"...? 

Leokearon - The swap claw from Deluxe Archangel won't fit this: the peg will, but the gauntlet/cuff attached to the piece would be too small and restrictive, even if you could remove AOA Apocalypse's spiffy red gloves. 

He's nice looking but the BAF Apoc is probably enough for me, although if this guy got marked down i don't think i'd be able to resist grabbing him anyhow. But especially cool for people who couldn't complete the BAF or who have gone all-in on the AoA figures.

I don't agree that the price for the Giant Man & Venom figures were out of line, $30 seems like a fair price for a BAF re-release, especially ones that are much larger than a typical ML figure.  Tbh i'm surprised they didn't charge $35 or $40 (don't get any ideas, Hasbro!).   Whether stuff like flight stands or a bunch of accessories make a $20 figure worth $30 is more debatable - certainly the Widow figure doesn't seem to be selling well at msrp, but its hard to know how much the movie release delay affected sales.  We'll see about War Machine, plenty are enthusiastic about him here but who knows how that translates into sales at WM or Target.

1 hour ago, LandoTucker said:

Now this is a deluxe figure. Glorious. War Machine is nice, but the price is - like deluxe BWM Black Widow, repack BAFs of Giant Man & Venom - out of line. 

This though, is a wholly new figure which LOOKS deluxe. And beautiful. And size, and accessories. What's not to like? The fact that this is X-orientated is a huge sell for me, but irrespective of theme/property, Hasbro should use what they've done here as the kind of figure necessary to justify that 'deluxe' price point. And there are so many (comic) contenders that could work at this scale: Kurse (Simonson version), 1980's New Mutants Doug-Lock, Iron Man Phoenix killer armour, Blob, Madame Webb, Thanos, Annhilus, Maestro... and did someone say, "Box from Alpha Flight"...? 

Leokearon - The swap claw from Deluxe Archangel won't fit this: the peg will, but the gauntlet/cuff attached to the piece would be too small and restrictive, even if you could remove AOA Apocalypse's spiffy red gloves. 

That's a shame

Haha love that the original BAF is missing a piece.. reminds me that the hunt is not always as successful as we hope.

is it weird that the number one reason I’m considering this to get that skull?

as far as alternate universe redesigns, this is a pretty good one. No mistaking him for anyone else. It’s my preference that when artists render alternate versions that they in some way ring true to the original design. Not a fan a drastic redesigns that you had to read the dialogue to know for sure who a character is.

5 hours ago, McHogan said:

Haha love that the original BAF is missing a piece.. reminds me that the hunt is not always as successful as we hope.

is it weird that the number one reason I’m considering this to get that skull?

as far as alternate universe redesigns, this is a pretty good one. No mistaking him for anyone else. It’s my preference that when artists render alternate versions that they in some way ring true to the original design. Not a fan a drastic redesigns that you had to read the dialogue to know for sure who a character is.

It seems a bit weird and extreme to buy a figure for a small accessory.

Yeah, I agree, I prefer alternate versions to be different but still recognisable 

12 hours ago, leokearon said:

It seems a bit weird and extreme to buy a figure for a small accessory.

Yeah, I agree, I prefer alternate versions to be different but still recognisable 

You don’t know about my love of skulls haha

seriously, I wouldn’t buy a $30 figure for a small accessory, but it is a fine skull

the more I look at this version, I think I like it better than the original, it’s the color scheme. Just rings with me