Jump to content
JayC

Marvel Legends Deluxe Marvel's Apocalypse Figure Video Review And Images

Recommended Posts

erivera94 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Deluxe Marvel's Apocalypse figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor at BigBadToyStore.com.
 



Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

AoA-Apocalypse-22.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-21.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-09.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-08.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-07.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-06.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-05.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-04.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-03.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-02.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-01.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-10.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-12.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-11.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-17.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-16.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-14.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-15.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-13.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-18.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-19.JPG

AoA-Apocalypse-20.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really love this figure, I can't wait to get that guy on my shelf with the other big dogs, plus really happy to see that the Head can fit on the Old BAF, now I don't have to be so bummed out I passed on Gladiator when he came out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks really good, I wonder if the claw arm that came with Archangel work with this figure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably the least annoying AoA design of any character in the story. I could actually see this as his mainstream look. Love this figure and I love that buck. I hope to see this mold as a Champion of the Universe figure one day. I know he's listed as a legit 10 footer, but he's rarely shown that tall. In fact, he's rarely shown at all in the comics anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been looking forward to this since it was announced in NY toy fair...too late for me to get the BAF apocalypse, so I will go for this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now this is a deluxe figure. Glorious. War Machine is nice, but the price is - like deluxe BWM Black Widow, repack BAFs of Giant Man & Venom - out of line. 

This though, is a wholly new figure which LOOKS deluxe. And beautiful. And size, and accessories. What's not to like? The fact that this is X-orientated is a huge sell for me, but irrespective of theme/property, Hasbro should use what they've done here as the kind of figure necessary to justify that 'deluxe' price point. And there are so many (comic) contenders that could work at this scale: Kurse (Simonson version), 1980's New Mutants Doug-Lock, Iron Man Phoenix killer armour, Blob, Madame Webb, Thanos, Annhilus, Maestro... and did someone say, "Box from Alpha Flight"...? 

Leokearon - The swap claw from Deluxe Archangel won't fit this: the peg will, but the gauntlet/cuff attached to the piece would be too small and restrictive, even if you could remove AOA Apocalypse's spiffy red gloves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's nice looking but the BAF Apoc is probably enough for me, although if this guy got marked down i don't think i'd be able to resist grabbing him anyhow. But especially cool for people who couldn't complete the BAF or who have gone all-in on the AoA figures.

I don't agree that the price for the Giant Man & Venom figures were out of line, $30 seems like a fair price for a BAF re-release, especially ones that are much larger than a typical ML figure.  Tbh i'm surprised they didn't charge $35 or $40 (don't get any ideas, Hasbro!).   Whether stuff like flight stands or a bunch of accessories make a $20 figure worth $30 is more debatable - certainly the Widow figure doesn't seem to be selling well at msrp, but its hard to know how much the movie release delay affected sales.  We'll see about War Machine, plenty are enthusiastic about him here but who knows how that translates into sales at WM or Target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LandoTucker said:

Now this is a deluxe figure. Glorious. War Machine is nice, but the price is - like deluxe BWM Black Widow, repack BAFs of Giant Man & Venom - out of line. 

This though, is a wholly new figure which LOOKS deluxe. And beautiful. And size, and accessories. What's not to like? The fact that this is X-orientated is a huge sell for me, but irrespective of theme/property, Hasbro should use what they've done here as the kind of figure necessary to justify that 'deluxe' price point. And there are so many (comic) contenders that could work at this scale: Kurse (Simonson version), 1980's New Mutants Doug-Lock, Iron Man Phoenix killer armour, Blob, Madame Webb, Thanos, Annhilus, Maestro... and did someone say, "Box from Alpha Flight"...? 

Leokearon - The swap claw from Deluxe Archangel won't fit this: the peg will, but the gauntlet/cuff attached to the piece would be too small and restrictive, even if you could remove AOA Apocalypse's spiffy red gloves. 

That's a shame

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad they did a deluxe figure for Apoc but I still prefer the BAF one.  This is the way they should do deluxe figures in general; not copying BAFs and doing something completely original.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait to get mine. And although it's one of the smallest pieces I absolutely love the skull!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Emnems80 said:

Can't wait to get mine. And although it's one of the smallest pieces I absolutely love the skull!

It is a nice addition. I'm now wondering if you could put the Magento helmet from the upconing Hellfire Club set on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, leokearon said:

It is a nice addition. I'm now wondering if you could put the Magento helmet from the upconing Hellfire Club set on it.

Man, didn't even think about that but that would be awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That stern and serious head looks pretty good on the BAF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha love that the original BAF is missing a piece.. reminds me that the hunt is not always as successful as we hope.

is it weird that the number one reason I’m considering this to get that skull?

as far as alternate universe redesigns, this is a pretty good one. No mistaking him for anyone else. It’s my preference that when artists render alternate versions that they in some way ring true to the original design. Not a fan a drastic redesigns that you had to read the dialogue to know for sure who a character is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, McHogan said:

Haha love that the original BAF is missing a piece.. reminds me that the hunt is not always as successful as we hope.

is it weird that the number one reason I’m considering this to get that skull?

as far as alternate universe redesigns, this is a pretty good one. No mistaking him for anyone else. It’s my preference that when artists render alternate versions that they in some way ring true to the original design. Not a fan a drastic redesigns that you had to read the dialogue to know for sure who a character is.

It seems a bit weird and extreme to buy a figure for a small accessory.

Yeah, I agree, I prefer alternate versions to be different but still recognisable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, leokearon said:

It seems a bit weird and extreme to buy a figure for a small accessory.

Yeah, I agree, I prefer alternate versions to be different but still recognisable 

You don’t know about my love of skulls haha

seriously, I wouldn’t buy a $30 figure for a small accessory, but it is a fine skull

the more I look at this version, I think I like it better than the original, it’s the color scheme. Just rings with me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE