Marvel Announces Fantastic Four: Antithesis By Mark Waid And Neal Adams

JayC

Next month, two comic book greats join forces to deliver a Fantastic Four tale for the ages! Industry legend Neal Adams and Eisner Award-winning writer Mark Waid bring you FANTASTIC FOUR: ANTITHESIS, a modern Marvel blockbuster jam-packed with a fan-favorite roster of Fantastic Four heroes as well as a new villain guaranteed to send shockwaves throughout all of fandom. While Mark Waid is no stranger to Marvel’s first family, having penned a character-defining run back in 2002, FANTASTIC FOUR: ANTITHESIS will be the first full-length Fantastic Four story ever illustrated by Neal Adams. This all-star creative team sat down for an interview with Marvel host, Lorraine Cink, to spill details about their highly anticipated series!

“Working with [Neal Adams] has been on my bucket list since I was kid,” said Waid. “This was the perfect opportunity.”

“There’s lots of surprises,” promises Adams. "We got to really jam a lot of stuff in there.”

FANTASTIC FOUR: ANTITHESIS #1

Written by MARK WAID

Art by NEAL ADAMS

Inks by MARK FARMER

Colors by LAURA MARTIN

image003.jpg

Both Waid and Adams will get will get people buying the book, but I'll wait to see if the storytelling will keep them reading. There's nothing in recent works on any books that give me any faith. I'd love for the F4 to return to it's former greatness. I'll bite, but no way will they keep me on the hook if politics continue to take precedence over storytelling.

29 minutes ago, monron999 said:

Both Waid and Adams will get will get people buying the book, but I'll wait to see if the storytelling will keep them reading. There's nothing in recent works on any books that give me any faith. I'd love for the F4 to return to it's former greatness. I'll bite, but no way will they keep me on the hook if politics continue to take precedence over storytelling.

I so hear you, Monron(yes at first glance I thought your name was moron heh).

I grew up on comics as a kid in 70/80s. Worked in comic shop as teen, then sold out my stuff about 89. I carry Marvel Ultimate to read old issues that I did as a kid. I stay away from newer material just for stuff like that. 

They had societal issues in comics back then. It just wasnt the end all, be all, of the material. Plots leading to action used to have me hooked when younger. Then Marvel went to hell about the time of Secret Wars. Shooter chased the talent off, and been slowly dying since from what I have gathered.

I love Neal Adams; he's a renowned legend and master artist. His work lately has veered into a kind of scattered, frenzied style that I don't care for and am hoping is toned down by the right inker. And by all means don't let him do any scripting. The comment above where he states "We got to really jam a lot of stuff in there" doesn't instill a lot of confidence.

And while Doom isn't mentioned, I hope Waid doenst try to insert him; I never cared for this Doom- As- Unofficial- 5th Member- of -the Fantastic Four theme I saw way too much of before FF's cancellation.

13 hours ago, mako said:

Problem is, you could have the greatest writer and/or artist in the world on a book, but if they're editorially bound to do a crap story, you're just polishing a turd.

Yeah, that's what ahppened with Adams' First X-men, the higher-ups forced him to include and focus on  Wolverine in it  and since he wasn't allowed to do it his way, the comic was awful.