Arch Enemy 2-Packs you would like to see

RyanDaly

For some reason, I was thinking about the Shuri Black Panther & Klaw 2-pack, and it struck me how much I really liked that idea for a set to include a hero and a popular villain associated with that character. I guess it struck the little kid in me that a set like that is an instant starter pack. One purchase and you got a hero and villain to fight each other. This got me to thinking about other 2-packs of this variety I would like to see. Of course, I wanted to maximize by dollar value by getting two brand new figures, so no Captain America vs. Red Skull pack, since I've already got two perfectly acceptable Cap figures.

The two I came up with right away are

Doctor Strange vs. Baron Mordo

• I commented on a different thread months ago that I would love to see a deluxe Doctor Strange with interchangeable hands for spell-casting, different magic effects (which could be colored differently for Mordo, too), an interchangeable Eye of Agamotto necklace, and possibly different capes for posing. 

and

Ms. Marvel vs. Deathbird

• I would love to get a classic Carol Danvers Ms. Marvel figure from her original series. Not quite her first appearance costume since that version showed off her midriff and bare back and looks... kind of trashy. But the modified version that covers her abs and back is great, and that version happened to debut in Ms. Marvel #9, which saw Carol face off against the villainess Deathbird. This Carol could have an interchangeable head with long hair for people who wanted the Dark Avengers Ms. Marvel. 

What do you think? Are there other arch enemy 2-packs you would like Hasbro to make?

DS.jpg

MM9.jpg

trying to do some that no body here has yet, plus versions of characters not yet seen and pivtol enemies

Ronin (Clint Barton) (Comics) vs. Crossfire

Punisher (thunderbolts red Team) vs. Jigsaw

Blade (90's) vs. Deacon Frost

Hellstorm vs. Satannish

Ghost Rider (Ketch) vs. Black Heart (or Mephisto/Zarathos w/e)

Iron Fist (classic) vs. Master Khan (or Steel Serpent)

Quasar vs. Annihulus

Black Widow (classic gray costume sans Jacket/or 1st appearance) vs. Iron Maiden

She-Hulk (F4 Costume) vs. Titania

Yellowjacket (Pym) vs. Ultron (Classic)

Longshot vs. Mojo

Namor (King) vs. Attuma

i'll come back when I think of more.. this was just a fast brainstorm

So many to choose from. I guess pulling from fond memories from my childhood:

The Captain vs Captain America. The twist here would be the Captain is Steve Rogers, and C.A. Is John Walker with appropriate physiques for both ( Walker much bigger )

The Captain vs Silver Centurion Iron Man

moon Knight vs werewolf by night

Dracula vs Blade

Thor vs Hecules

It's tough, because many of the villains I want (Blob, Exodus, Senyaka, etc.) don't really have nemeses, and there aren't many nemesis pairs left where neither figure has been done in their most appropriate look yet. So, some of these might seem weird to some of you (especially those who aren't actively reading).

Colossus (Juggernaut) vs. Magik (2000s New Mutants, etc.)

Cyclops (Age of Apocalypse) vs. Havok (Age of Apocalypse)

Destiny vs. Moira MacTaggart

Lady Deathstrike vs. Wolverine (I guess in his Japanese get-up?)

Longshot vs. Mojo

Magik (original New Mutants) vs. N'astirh

Psylocke (armoured) vs. Spiral

Dr. Bong!! This is getting all kinds of crazy!!

Hulk vs Xemu (sp?)

DAREDEVIL vs the Owl

Storm vs Calisto

Cap vs Zemo

Kitty Pryde (Sprite) vs N'gari demon

Wolverine vs SABERTOOTH (classic costume)

Long shot vs mojo

PSYLOCKE vs Spiral

SPIDERMAN vs Mr Negative

Doctor Strange vs. Shuma-Gorath

Classic red suit Carol Danvers (with alternate Moonstone head) vs. Deathbird

Bishop vs. Trevor Fitzroy

Captain America vs. Baron Zemo (Under Siege)

Iron Man (modular) vs. Kang

Ghost Rider vs. Blackheart

Luke Cage vs. Goliath (Josten)

Havok vs. Living Pharaoh

Silver Surfer vs. Mephisto

Adam Warlock vs. Thanos (classic)

2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Which version of Moira MacTaggert would you want? Plain clothes and lab coat? Yellow costume with pink/red trim? That time she wore the blue and yellow X-Men outfit?

I'm pretty open. I mostly just want Destiny, and Moira's the best I've got for Destiny's nemesis. 🙂 I usually think of Moira in her yellow and pink 90s look, but might prefer the training uniform, honestly.

Well, I was hoping we'd see this idea with Machine Man 2020 vs Iron-Man 2020!!...I thought that would have been about the biggest no-brainer for this year, but alas! Sigh...

Cool topic though! My first pick would have to be...

Thor vs Kurse; very easy retool of the current 80th Thor, and not having to get Kurse as a BAF would make me very happy!

Silver Centurion Iron-Man vs Iron-Monger; retool and repaint the Monger BAF, and voila, perfect!

Rom, Space-Knight vs Dire Wraith (female version DW...so much cooler looking!)

Black-Suit Spidey vs Hobgoblin; use the new Spidey buck and then take initial HG and tool a new, comic accurate head!

Adam Warlock vs Magus; Both the Classic versions from the Starlin saga. I know a Classic Thanos would probably be a more popular choice, but Magus being relatively obscure would be a better choice imo; I believe we'll get a classic Thanos eventually.

Ms Marvel (Classic) vs Ronan the Accuser; I love the idea of packaging her with Deathbird, but Ronan for me is tops. Plus, I don't want him as a BAF, as I've come to really despise the concept now.

She-Hulk(Classic) vs Titania; nuff said! 

2 hours ago, Benn said:

I usually think of Moira in her yellow and pink 90s look, but might prefer the training uniform, honestly.

I don't remember if I've heard you say before, but whenever Banshee gets a release, would you prefer (first) his All-New, All-Different green and yellow costume or the blue and yellow trainer/Generation X look?

53 minutes ago, Air-Walker said:

Adam Warlock vs Magus; Both the Classic versions from the Starlin saga. I know a Classic Thanos would probably be a more popular choice, but Magus being relatively obscure would be a better choice imo; I believe we'll get a classic Thanos eventually.

Ms Marvel (Classic) vs Ronan the Accuser; I love the idea of packaging her with Deathbird, but Ronan for me is tops. Plus, I don't want him as a BAF, as I've come to really despise the concept now.

She-Hulk(Classic) vs Titania; nuff said! 

Love all these ideas. I would definitely prefer Magus over another Thanos figure, although my first choice for an Adam Warlock 2-pack would be classic Starlin Gamora (even though they weren't exactly enemies).

I too would love to get a Ronan the Accuser that didn't require me to get six or seven figures, half of whom I wouldn't want. As I've said elsewhere, I have over one hundred Marvel Legends and I've never completed a single build-a-figure.

I’d also add

Hank Pym (red jump suit circa WCA era) vs Classic Ultron

Union Jack vs Baron Blood

WonderMan (safari jacket ) vs Grim Reaper

Iron Man( Neo classic ) vs Dr Doom

Drax ( comic ) vs Thanos

Beta Ray Bill (classic) vs Kurse ( also classic)

Love how some people say "not another Thanos"when we have yet to get an actual classic comic based Starlin/Lim Thanos on a slightly smaller but more massive buck. 

88kwjiB.gif

HRkoL7I.jpg

Someone wanna tell me when "this version" has been made in the ML 6' scale??  The DST version is classic but Hulk sized, that's the version we need in the ML line & at minimum, an inch shorter than all the MCU Thanos figs that have been done.  Comic based classic Thanos is 6'7 900lbs, not 8'-9 ft tall , When he fought Champion, who's 10ft all, Lim drew him at his correct scale of 6'8, he didn't take "artistic" license & draw Thanos at or near Champion's hgt. Back then,  majority of artists assigned with drawing Thanos, drew him at his listed hgt, none tried to make him "Hulk" sized.

XOEKY2P.jpg

DUe5fgn.jpg

Iceman & Pyro

Avalanche & some other X-Men (Maybe Kitty Pryde)

Hank Pym Ant-Man (or classic red and black Wasp, see attached image) and Classic Ultron

Maybe an Adam Warlock vs. Nebula or even Terraxia

Mar-Vell and Nitro

1.jpg

5 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

I don't remember if I've heard you say before, but whenever Banshee gets a release, would you prefer (first) his All-New, All-Different green and yellow costume or the blue and yellow trainer/Generation X look?

I'm torn. I definitely prefer the blue and yellow, but his green outfit is literally all that's needed to finish the Giant Size team once Storm and Thunderbird release. I still think I'd prefer blue and yellow.

• 3 weeks later...