Arch Enemy 2-Packs you would like to see

RyanDaly

These are all awesome Ideas. I especially like the Thor vs. Hercules idea. Hell, I'd buy another Thor to get a Classic Herc, y'know, before he started skipping leg day. Also, the Silver Centurion Armor vs. Mandarin is a great way to kill two birds with one stone. But, that's not Hasbro's regular MO. Most 2 packs contain a re-issue of some sort.

I'd like to throw in my suggestion for War Zone Punisher (with Body Armor) and Jigzaw.

On 8/15/2020 at 9:34 AM, McHogan said:

I had not heard about that, that is both amazing and disturbing haha

edit: yup here it is... my mind is just stunned, not sure if this is awesome or something ... else.

fun fact, according to the review where I found this pic, the 2 pack retailed for $14.99. 

Well whatever this set is, I think we can all agree you would not see a set like this released today

F2E71989-E01D-4DE9-8C8C-90FD339CF710.jpeg

I remember this set and it was totally legit. I was actually working part time for TRU back then. It was either very small run or we just got very few. We got a total of 2, if I recall correctly, and there was an hold for street date as the movie had either not released yet or just recently released. Our manager at the time would not allow us to hold product for our own purchase, but we could do so after our shift. When we finally put the product on shelf I watched those damn things all day, hoping they would make it through the day. I got busy for a few minutes before the end of my shift and the damn things were gone. I didn't see who got them but I assumed they were both purchased by the same person. I remember, even back then, thinking that set was a little controversial, but it was the pivitol part of the movie, but I kept waiting to see if some Helicopter Mom came in with a receipt, but no one ever did. Never saw them again.

That was back when toys were edgy, Karen's were easily appeased by a refund and a $5 gift card, cupcakes were strictly bakery items and Cancel Culture wasn't even a thought. Ahhh....the Good Old Days!

19 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I remember this set and it was totally legit. I was actually working part time for TRU back then. It was either very small run or we just got very few. We got a total of 2, if I recall correctly, and there was an hold for street date as the movie had either not released yet or just recently released. Our manager at the time would not allow us to hold product for our own purchase, but we could do so after our shift. When we finally put the product on shelf I watched those damn things all day, hoping they would make it through the day. I got busy for a few minutes before the end of my shift and the damn things were gone. I didn't see who got them but I assumed they were both purchased by the same person. I remember, even back then, thinking that set was a little controversial, but it was the pivitol part of the movie, but I kept waiting to see if some Helicopter Mom came in with a receipt, but no one ever did. Never saw them again.

That was back when toys were edgy, Karen's were easily appeased by a refund and a $5 gift card, cupcakes were strictly bakery items and Cancel Culture wasn't even a thought. Ahhh....the Good Old Days!

Yes, simpler times both for society and collectors.

the thing that blew me away was the price for 2 pack. $14.99 for TWO figures?!? Insanity. I vaguely remember the first series of Legends, with Cap, Hulk, IM and Toad costing roughly $10-$12 a pop.. so essentially getting 4 figures for $45ish... man times have changed

Funny how little price hikes here and there, the cost of oil blah blah, and here we are paying a little over double for single release and over $40 for 2 packs.. those prices were the good old days 😁

• 2 months later...