Shang Chi vs Sabretooth

Gigantor

Hey! wait just a minute here G, Shang was putting the skills all upside Sabertooth's mug, then cracked a few ribs with a forward punch and all of a sudden he is down for the count? No way! I call replay! Either we are missing a frame or you better give ole Fu his money back, I call fowl. Beautiful presentation by the way.

1 hour ago, silverback said:

Hey! wait just a minute here G, Shang was putting the skills all upside Sabertooth's mug, then cracked a few ribs with a forward punch and all of a sudden he is down for the count? No way! I call replay! Either we are missing a frame or you better give ole Fu his money back, I call fowl. Beautiful presentation by the way.

Somehow, I can't edit the duplicate pic out & insert the correct pic but here it is.

RZzmPrE.jpg

Shang may be the superior fighter but Creed has the accelerated healing factor, the size, strength & endurance to withstand Shang's  punches/kicks & chops. Creed is also a superb hand to hand combatant trained by the CIA, weapon X program & the Foreigner. He also has many decades of hand to hand combat experience which includes numerous bouts with Wolverine. And Creed only needs to connect once with claws that can rend flesh/bone & certain metals.

4 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Shang may be the superior fighter but Creed has the accelerated healing factor, the size, strength & endurance to withstand Shang's  punches/kicks & chops. Creed is also a superb hand to hand combatant trained by the CIA, weapon X program & the Foreigner. He also has many decades of hand to hand combat experience which includes numerous bouts with Wolverine. And Creed only needs to connect once with claws that can rend flesh/bone & certain metals.

Okay, alright, I forgot about that healing factor, and you are right about those darn claws, but I'm still mad. Bet Creed wouldn't try that crap with Iron Fist.

52 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

To be fair, that was Creed's 1st ever app in the Marvel universe so he wasn't as fleshed out as a character yet & it was IF's book, who ya think they're gonna have win? 

I could very well  be misrembering but my feeling was that Creed fought PM & IF a few times under Claremont' tenure on the book, and Claremont then brought creed over to x-men where he was made into wolverine's evil opposite. I don't think that Creed had his regenerative abilities back then ,or at least not so much.  I remember an issue of Spectacular Spider-Man in which Spidey webs up Creed's face, and then when Creed tears off the webbing it rips off his skin which put him in the hospital for a bit.

18 minutes ago, silverback said:

Good catch Gigantor, I must have missed that issue. But I am still not happy, and so this is war amigo. I will make my own panels showing Sabertooth get his butt kicked. Just need to figure out who I will use to do it. But its coming soon. 

Long as it isn't Wolverine. Their fights have become boring. Though they're both bad guys, I've always wanted to see what a fight between Creed & Tiger shark would look like. Both are savage fighters though Tiger Shark has the edge in the strength dept, being able to lift 75 tons. But Creed has the edge in fighting experience and that damn super mutant regenerative power.

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

I could very well  be misrembering but my feeling was that Creed fought PM & IF a few times under Claremont' tenure on the book, and Claremont then brought creed over to x-men where he was made into wolverine's evil opposite. I don't think that Creed had his regenerative abilities back then ,or at least not so much.  I remember an issue of Spectacular Spider-Man in which Spidey webs up Creed's face, and then when Creed tears off the webbing it rips off his skin which put him in the hospital for a bit.

You are correct. Creed was an IF/PM opponent along with Constrictor, then got thrown into the Marauders where he 1st encounters Logan as an X-man. And yeah, he spent time in a hospital recovering from pulling off Spiderman's webbing along with some of his face. I liked both Creed n Logan back then when they weren't these "unkillable" can "regrow from a droplet of blood" mutants that they are today. In my battles, they are the 70s-80s & eArly 90s versions.

Claremont actually created Sabretooth intending for him to debut in Ms. Marvel #24, but the book was canceled. The end of issue #23 actually mentions Sabretooth in the blurb. Claremont repurposed the villain for Iron Fist, but the story that was supposed to be in Ms. Marvel #24 did get published eventually, I think in the '90s.

EDIT/Retraction. Creed's first appearance in Iron Fist #14 pre-dates when Ms. Marvel #24 would've come out by two years. 

MSH10_Cover.jpg

1 hour ago, silverback said:

Good catch Gigantor, I must have missed that issue. But I am still not happy, and so this is war amigo. I will make my own panels showing Sabertooth get his butt kicked. Just need to figure out who I will use to do it. But its coming soon. 

Love it! Be nice to have to have the time/talent to create or recreate favorite comic moments. 

Never liked Sabretooth so anyone kicking his tail is fine by me. As long as it’s not Squirrel Girl. Have heard she has bested both Dr.Doom and Galactus (eye roll) 

8 hours ago, McHogan said:

Love it! Be nice to have to have the time/talent to create or recreate favorite comic moments. 

Never liked Sabretooth so anyone kicking his tail is fine by me. As long as it’s not Squirrel Girl. Have heard she has bested both Dr.Doom and Galactus (eye roll) 

Supposedly she beat Thanos as well.  (Supreme eye roll)

Eye roll? What about a nose roll. I remember in one of the comics when she met Daredevil she offended his olfactory senses. Never made a point to smell a squirrel before but I can just imagine a musky animal type smell. No offense to Squirrel Girl fans. Any who, I told Gigantor it was war and " THIS ONE IS FOR SHANG". Oh and Wolverine and Tigershark weren't available.

skyscraper01.jpg

skyscraper02.jpg

skyscraper 4 (3).jpg

17 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Wow, I never knew that. Gonna have to look for that issue next time I'm at a con, which seems like who knows when that might be.

The story that would've been Ms. Marvel #24 was finished/published in 1992 in Marvel Super Heroes #10. As I mentioned in my correction, this wasn't meant to be Victor Creed's first appearance (that's still Iron Fist #14), but I think it's interesting that Sabretooth was meant to be a villain for Iron Fist, Power Man, Ms. Marvel, and even Spider-Man years before he ever faced off against Wolverine in an X-Men book. He really was conceived as a kind of utility villain before becoming Wolverine's cracked-mirror doppelgänger. 

MSH10.jpg

5 hours ago, silverback said:

Eye roll? What about a nose roll. I remember in one of the comics when she met Daredevil she offended his olfactory senses. Never made a point to smell a squirrel before but I can just imagine a musky animal type smell. No offense to Squirrel Girl fans. Any who, I told Gigantor it was war and " THIS ONE IS FOR SHANG". Oh and Wolverine and Tigershark weren't available.

skyscraper01.jpg

skyscraper02.jpg

skyscraper 4 (3).jpg

Was Ben the referee? That musta been a cosplayer acting as Sabretooth cuz I highly doubt Rage can beat the real  Mr Creed. 😛

19 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

You're not misremembering this. It happened in an issue of Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man. Another interesting part of this Story is Black Cat ended up joining the fray to give Pete the assist and actually ended up going into "feral" mode (one of her new powers at the time) and ending the fight by repeatedly bashing Sabe's face into the pavement. No healing factor there. Then the cops simply cuffed him and put him in the clink. No super strength there. He didn't become the Anti-Wolverine till the Mutant Massacre where he taunted Wolvie with his scent in the Morlock tunnels for an entire issue and then managed to sneak up behind him and catch a few cheap shots. As a creation of Claremont he just simply filled in his back story to fit, and the rest is history, as they say.

1 hour ago, monron999 said:

You're not misremembering this. It happened in an issue of Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man. Another interesting part of this Story is Black Cat ended up joining the fray to give Pete the assist and actually ended up going into "feral" mode (one of her new powers at the time) and ending the fight by repeatedly bashing Sabe's face into the pavement. No healing factor there. Then the cops simply cuffed him and put him in the clink. No super strength there. He didn't become the Anti-Wolverine till the Mutant Massacre where he taunted Wolvie with his scent in the Morlock tunnels for an entire issue and then managed to sneak up behind him and catch a few cheap shots. As a creation of Claremont he just simply filled in his back story to fit, and the rest is history, as they say.

Heh, i'd forgotten about Black Cat beating the crap out of Victor (even though i've reread that issue within the past couple of years, sigh).  

Agree with Gigantor's earlier comment about preferring the days when Wolverine and Sabertooth couldn't heal so quickly,  regenerating limbs and such.

3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Was Ben the referee? That musta been a cosplayer acting as Sabretooth cuz I highly doubt Rage can beat the real  Mr Creed. 😛

Ben Grimm was actually going to get some licks in himself, but Rage hogged all the fun. If you doubt Rage can beat Sabertooth call the hospital ICU, they say when Creed reached the street all of his healing factor squished out on the ground and some ants ate it. Better luck next time, tough break G.😝

13 hours ago, silverback said:

skyscraper01.jpg

skyscraper02.jpg

skyscraper 4 (3).jpg

spacer.png

Let's have more Figure posing back and forths!

5 hours ago, silverback said:

Ben Grimm was actually going to get some licks in himself, but Rage hogged all the fun. If you doubt Rage can beat Sabertooth call the hospital ICU, they say when Creed reached the street all of his healing factor squished out on the ground and some ants ate it. Better luck next time, tough break G.😝

Just heard the news via the Daily Bugle that Creed just escaped from the hospital & sliced n diced a few nurses, a Dr, & 3 security officer's on his way out.