Predicting BAFs

Dabboi

So I've compiled a small list of larger (or bulkier) Marvel characters who could end up becoming Build-A-Figures in the future. I've also included a percentage chance that I think that figure will be made. I also included pictures, in case someone wasn't familiar with certain characters.

Feel free to add more characters if you want too

Fin Fang Foom- 50% chance for comic version, 80% for film version; the Hasbro Marvel team has mentioned him several times in interviews but he would be very costly to produce. He is also rumored to appear in the Shang-Chi movie.
Awesome Android- 75% chance; I could see him being the BAF for a future Fantastic Four wave
Dragon Man- 65% chance; another contender for a Fantastic Four BAF. The new sculpting is a usual crutch with this one.
Galactus- 10% chance; given that the Haslab Sentinel is 26 inches tall, in order to maintain scale, Galactus would need to be at least 3 feet tall (Possibly Haslab, but even that seems unlikely)
Ursa Major- 30% chance; given that we only need him and Darkstar to complete the core Winter Guard, it seems likely. But it hinges on if Hasbro wants to just reuse the Sasquatch mold rather than create an accurate mold for the character.
WarStar- 25% chance; could work in an X-Men wave or even really any cosmic themed wave. Given that we ONLY have Gladiator from the Shi'ar Imperial Guard, this one seems unlikely.
Ch'od- 5% chance; I think the name alone makes this one nearly certain to not have a figure. That being said; it would be almost a complete repaint of Abomination without the spines.
Ultimo- 80% chance; it's been quite some time since (at least off the top of my head) we had an Iron Man centric BAF and this guy would certainly fit that criteria.
Destroyer (Armor)- 90% chance; I feel like the only thing holding this one back is that it would need entirely new sculpting
Ymir- 5% chance; I think the size of this guy is what would really prevent him from being made. No matter how cool or important of a villain he is.
Surtur- 5% chance; same reasoning as Ymir. And he kind of looks like the Devil, which I assume to be the reason we haven't gotten Mephisto or Blackheart.
Atlas-  70% chance; what would really help this guys chances would be if Hasbro would make a new body mold for guys like him and my next two picks. Obviously some tweaking would still be necessary.
Giant-Man (Hank Pym)- 99% chance; I mean come on, it's Giant-Man. The Toybiz one was nice, but is pretty pricey now and only moderately holds up. 
Goliath (Bill Foster)- 75% chance; if they did a Giant-Man then I think a Goliath would follow shortly after. Granted he has been dead in the comics for awhile now (Died in Civil War in 2006).
Kurse- 45% chance; I actually think we'll get a Kurse at some point. But he would need alot of new sculpting and tooling to be done properly.

1187567-fullstature.jpg

Awesome-Android-Marvel-Comics-Mad-Thinker.jpg

054d4a92c42a9c67c4d818989da405fc.jpg

64817f95cc0f21ed4e337d952e2ee0a7.jpg

Ursa-Major-Marvel-Comics-Soviet-Super-Soldiers.jpg

B%27nee_and_C%27cll_%28Earth-616%29_from_Official_Handbook_of_the_Marvel_Universe_A-Z_Update_Vol_1_4_001.jpg

3809488-ch'od.jpg

188506-89057-ultimo.jpg

TheDestroyer.jpg

1320328-a_059.jpg

Mighty_Thor_Vol_1_21_Textless.jpg

Atlas-Marvel-Comics-Josten-Thunderbolts.jpg

Avengers_Earth's_Mightiest_Heroes_Vol_1_5_Textless.jpg

William_Foster_(Earth-616)_from_All-New_Official_Handbook_of_the_Marvel_Universe_Vol_1_4_0001.jpg

127273-59984-kurse.jpg

Based on a couple recent threads and discussions on this site, I might add:

Charlie 27 - probably in a cosmic wave, perhaps when the third Guardians of the Galaxy movie eventually comes out.

Ronan the Accuser - possibly in a cosmic wave, or another Fantastic Four wave.

Xemnu - I would hope they don't just recycle bits from the Wendigo BAF but I can see it.

Zzzax

Bi-Beast - not sure what scale he'd be in; I would hope for something like Juggernaut but they could make him smaller.

Ulik the Troll - they've already released this guy in the SDCC Thor 5-pack, but I would like to see him offered elsewhere (preferably a fan channel exclusive, but a BAF would be easy for them).

Charlie.jpg

Ronan.jpg

Xemnu.jpg

Zzzax.jpg

BiBeast.jpg

Ulik.jpg

Once predicting the BAFs was easy. Nowadays you can't predict what Hasbro would make, except when they give us hint like the Stilt Man hint. I mean can anyone even think they were going to give us that Version of Crimson Dynamo (which turned out to be an awesome figure), Suger Man, SP//DR etc?

I had certainly hoped for Sugar Man, not sure how realistic I believed it was.

For X-Men, I think these are the most likely remaining characters: Armor, Blob, Brood, Holocaust (a shoo-in if they revisit Age of Apocalypse), and Mojo.

These are a little dicier, but still quite likely: Bonebreaker, Ch'od, Gentle, Orphan Maker (Dawn of X wave, maybe), and Rockslide.

And these are much less likely: Blockbuster, Glob Herman, Living Monolith, Post, S.H.I.V.A., and Sunder.

2 hours ago, tarot said:

Once predicting the BAFs was easy. Nowadays you can't predict what Hasbro would make, except when they give us hint like the Stilt Man hint. I mean can anyone even think they were going to give us that Version of Crimson Dynamo (which turned out to be an awesome figure), Suger Man, SP//DR etc?

yeah, like you think Black Widow wave and you thing Russian large figures you would go for Titanium Man or Ursa Major, not a Crimson Dynamo. But in a way it's good that we can't predict what they are planning, it makes the reveals more interesting.

3 hours ago, Benn said:

I had certainly hoped for Sugar Man, not sure how realistic I believed it was.

For X-Men, I think these are most likely remaining characters: Armor, Blob, Brood, and Holocaust (a shoo-in if they revisit Age of Apocalypse).

These are a little dicier, but still quite likely: Bonebreaker, Ch'od, Gentle, Orphan Maker (Dawn of X wave, maybe), and Rockslide.

And these are much less likely: Blockbuster, Glob Herman, Living Monolith, Post, S.H.I.V.A., and Sunder.

Now that I have Sugar Man...I can TOTALLY see how an improved Blob could be done in an X-Men wave. I'm holding out hope. 

Here's another vote for Living Monolith!!

I would totally be down with Ursa Major...would he be considered a "Build-a-bear?"

I don't get what was posted about Ch'od earlier. What's wrong with the name?

We dont have any BAF wave anounced since last year (Strong Guy) but Deluxe Figures or Box Sets (AOA Apocalypse and Nimrod) maybe is time for Hasbro to replan it? Bcoz Wendigo and Caliban didnt work well (they are sold out very, very cheap in second hand market) and single carded figures being sold at same price as regular BAF waves figures. 

I think Hasbro will continue to surprise us, both in terms of character selections for BAFs as well as how creative they get in terms of what qualifies as a BAF (thankfully we haven't had a repeat of mcu vulture wings).  Probably the best we can do is speculate on how current BAF parts might be re-used for another character (for instance, it was pretty obvious once Sasquatch came out that Wendigo was coming).  In that vein, i think we will see Mr Hyde get made using some of Kingpin's parts.  

We can also speculate that in general hasbro likes to do their own takes/responses to toybiz bafs, so that does suggest some possibilities too.

I think that these are some BAFs we will be seeing sooner than later

MODOK (seems likely due to him being in the Avengers Video Game, we could get him in comic form or maybe gamerverse)

Blob (as I predicted before I think hes a strong candidate for a upcoming X-Men wave)

Mojo (as also predicted I think an X-Men wave will give us Mojo Verse figures like Longshot)

Venomized Hulk (I think this is a likely candidate for the Venomized wave)

Absolute Carnage (I think this could easily be in a Spider-Man wave or more likely might be the BAF for the venom wave if it's not a Venomized Hulk)

Annihilus (A very likely BAF for the next FF wave)

Nemesis (probably should be the BAF for the next AOA wave..granted we get one)

Celestial (a likely choice for a Eternals wave BAF, either movie or comic)

Gilgamesh (also a good choice for Eternals wave, he's a bigger character..probably be the Comic version)

that is all for now

Atlas (the best version of Erik) 

Goliath (Tom & Bill Foster)

Ant-Man (Scott 2-pack scaled up)

Stinger (Cassie 2-pack scaled up w/ extra heads and wings) 

Wasp (Nadia)

Yellowjacket (Hank)

the Watcher 

14 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

I think Hasbro will continue to surprise us, both in terms of character selections for BAFs as well as how creative they get in terms of what qualifies as a BAF (thankfully we haven't had a repeat of mcu vulture wings).  Probably the best we can do is speculate on how current BAF parts might be re-used for another character (for instance, it was pretty obvious once Sasquatch came out that Wendigo was coming).  In that vein, i think we will see Mr Hyde get made using some of Kingpin's parts.  

We can also speculate that in general hasbro likes to do their own takes/responses to toybiz bafs, so that does suggest some possibilities too.

Kingpin & Hyde have totally different physiques. I fail to see where you see them sharing anything from the KP buck.

3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

Kingpin & Hyde have totally different physiques. I fail to see where you see them sharing anything from the KP buck.

I think they could at least re-use arms and legs (maybe with new hands). The torso wouldn't really work although i could see Hasbro re-using it anyhow.  but my larger point was just that hasbro is mostly unpredictable, but we know A) they like to re-use parts whenever possible and B) they like to show they can beat Toybiz' versions of characters

1 hour ago, bashpics99 said:

I think they could at least re-use arms and legs (maybe with new hands). The torso wouldn't really work although i could see Hasbro re-using it anyhow.  but my larger point was just that hasbro is mostly unpredictable, but we know A) they like to re-use parts whenever possible and B) they like to show they can beat Toybiz' versions of characters

Hyde is a huge guy but in way more muscular condition than Fisk & has a more smaller waistline. Fisks Arms/legs would look outta proportion on Hyde. Hasbro is not afraid to make 1 off bucks so they shouldn't cut corners when it comes to making a figure of a character that's never been done as an action figure in any scale but has been heavily requested by fans going back to the TB days. The armored 90s retro DD they just made is a figure I can't see them reusing again nor Nimrod/ Strong guy for example. Hyde can go in either an Avengers wave or Cap specific wave as a BAF.

My picks, albeit the second one is highly unlikely, would be:

1) BOX ( the Madison Jeffries Version. I am                     sure some Crimson Dynamo could                   be re-used.) 

2) D-MAN ( how fun would that be in an                                 Avengers wave!)

3) BONEBREAKER ( or as a deluxe 2 pack                                            with GATEWAY)

4) DEVIL DINOSAUR

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 10:51 PM, Dabboi said:

So I've compiled a small list of larger (or bulkier) Marvel characters who could end up becoming Build-A-Figures in the future. I've also included a percentage chance that I think that figure will be made. I also included pictures, in case someone wasn't familiar with certain characters.

Feel free to add more characters if you want too

Fin Fang Foom- Awesome Android-Dragon Man- Galactus- Ursa MajorWarStar- Ch'od-Ultimo-Destroyer (Armor)- YmirSurtur- .AtlasGiant-Man (Hank Pym)- Goliath (Bill Foster)-Kurse-

I'm gonna say we'll get a Titanium Man baf before any of these.

• 1 month later...

They could do:

Either Ulik or the Destroyer BAF in a Thor-centric wave, including original Beta Ray Bill

Titanium Man BAF in Iron Man wave, including Crimson Dynamo

Annihilus BAF in FF wave, including Blastarr

Deathbird BAF  (her wingspan makes her "bulky") in Captain Marvel wave, including comic book Binary

Super Adaptoid BAF in Avengers wave, including Wonder Man (either the translucent, original, or safari jacket version)

Charlie-27 BAF in original Guardians of the Galaxy wave, including Firelord