2020 Hasbro Fan Expo Hong Kong Booth Images

JayC

Possibly the closest thing we will get this year for any kind of convention product display for Hasbro stuff, shown below thanks to the folks at Hobbymizer, we have a look at the booth on display in Hong King for the 2020 Hasbro Fan Expo. Not much new was on hand, but we do get some new looks at the recently announced Amazon Exclusive Nimrod 3-pack as well as the Old Man Logan and Hawkeye 2-pack. The Deadpool Movie and X-Men movie figures including the SDCC exclusive Logan movie 2-pack were on hand as well. What would have been Hasbro's SDCC exclusives this year as we understand it are being sold at this event.

Marvel-Legends-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-04.jpg

Hoping they at least announce one new wave that's coming,  maybe a 2nd FF wave.  or they could reveal one comic character from Gamerverse wave 2.  I don't think that's being too greedy, just want one non x-related reveal. 

I think its just that outside of retro spidey wave (plus Kingpin) and the storm 2-pack i'm not really too excited about what's currently on tap for the rest of 2020 - Strong Guy wave, venom wave, x-movie sets just don't do much for me personally.

28 minutes ago, Twopinesinapod said:

Look at all that MCU stuff! Oh, wait, the MCU is dead because COVID, Disney, and Hasbro killed it. Crack a bud light and pat yourself on the back Hasbro, you did it. The MCU is barely relevant now. MAYBE you and Disney should have honoured the fans STUCK at home instead of your massive bottom lines. 

???? How in the world is hasbro responsible for killing the mcu?  Normally i would just ignore this comment but i am curious to hear the "reasoning" behind asserting that hasbro made the mcu irrelevant.

Hasbro can't really win.  Given the lead time involved, they come out with figures based on early concept art that often changes later and are also limited by disney's extreme secretiveness/spoiler-wariness (which is often unmerited imo), resulting in fans who are outraged that  Iron Patriot doesn't match his movie colors or that there isn't a final battle Thor figure. But if they try and come out with movie-accurate figures a year later, stores don't seem to stock them well (BP wave 2, Endgame wave 3) or retailers show they aren't happy with the product by putting them on clearance at lightning speed.  

That said, i do expect a final battle trio set at some point.

EDIT: How is this convention happening in HK in the 1st place?? I just read about how HK is putting in new, more restrictive rules regarding group gathering and how they are working about hospitals running out of capacity to treat covid patients.

Sadly, it's not surprising there's been so little real news, at least where the regular waves are concerned. With Black Widow pushed back to The Eternals spot in November, and the Eternals being pushed to next year, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there's some serious juggling going on at Hasbro to keep everything synced up. If this year looks barren, I see next year being a total mess.

At this point, I'm just glad we're getting what we ARE getting. 

1 hour ago, Twopinesinapod said:

Look at all that MCU stuff! Oh, wait, the MCU is dead because COVID, Disney, and Hasbro killed it. Crack a bud light and pat yourself on the back Hasbro, you did it. The MCU is barely relevant now. MAYBE you and Disney should have honoured the fans STUCK at home instead of your massive bottom lines. 

What exactly is the complaint here? That Hasbro couldn't force Disney to release films they weren't safely or legally able to complete because of a pandemic? That Hasbro is making too much money off not releasing a bunch of stuff it had planned? That Disney had COVID-19 cooked up in the laboratories they keep in their vault as the perfect ruse to sabotage their wildly profitable MCU? That Mulan engineered the virus in conjunction with Baron Zemo as a means of asserting Chinese authority over the people of Hong Kong? I'm having a hard time putting my finger on what specific grievance you're filing.

51 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

T-Bird with his boot cuffs all down by his ankles is unsat. Serious lack of attention to detail. Ya only had one job Hasbro figure posing employee, & ya mucked it up.

Yeah, I'm sure the low-level toy company employee attending a trade-show at, more or less, Ground-Zero of the global pandemic that's ground several countries, including the most powerful nation on Earth, to a halt is just beside himself over that one. I'll bet he just kicks himself . . . after the mandatory Covid test, subsequent quarantine, and (hopefully) negative result.

19 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

If the complaint is that they aren't putting Black Widow on Disney+, that really can't be helped. Way too much money has already been spent.

To say nothing of the revenue they'd lose NOT opening theatrically. The licensing money from plastering ScarJo's exquisite face over concession stand popcorn bags and beverage cups alone is probably more than they'd rake in from home-streaming.

2 hours ago, Air-Walker said:

I'm surprised we've not seen any news for up-coming releases for next year. I guess they're trying to spread things out? Any ways, Nimrod is one glorious hunk of plastic! And oh how I wish that Storm was an Amazon exclusive. Whatever, I'll do whatever it takes to make her miiiiiiiine!!

Amen my friend!!

1 hour ago, Benn said:

What exactly is the complaint here? That Hasbro couldn't force Disney to release films they weren't safely or legally able to complete because of a pandemic? That Hasbro is making too much money off not releasing a bunch of stuff it had planned? That Disney had COVID-19 cooked up in the laboratories they keep in their vault as the perfect ruse to sabotage their wildly profitable MCU? That Mulan engineered the virus in conjunction with Baron Zemo as a means of asserting Chinese authority over the people of Hong Kong? I'm having a hard time putting my finger on what specific grievance you're filing.

Its a bizarre, baseless and frankly ridiculous notion. If this is what passes for reasoning in the world, we're all doomed.

3 hours ago, Twopinesinapod said:

Well I don’t know about all that but it does seem like a perfect opportunity to get some product based on previously released MCU films out while they are forced to hold off on future lines until this whole mess is over.

Im with you on hoping Hasbro releases more MCU goodness, there is a ton of content that haven’t gotten to before they started playing with their new (old) Xmen  lines

1 hour ago, watanabefan said:

Quicksilver and final battle Thor would be great.

That’s what I’m saying. I truly think we will see a final Thor, and if I’m being honest, I think Hasbro will mine the MCU for all it’s worth.. but my god why has there been no Quicksilver yet?!? My age of Ultron display has a glaring omission I would love to see filled

3 hours ago, Gigantor said:

T-Bird with his boot cuffs all down by his ankles is unsat. Serious lack of attention to detail. Ya only had one job Hasbro figure posing employee, & ya mucked it up.

It's worse than that. His boot cuffs are down in some of the official promo shots too. It's not boding well for anyone who doesn't want to glue them.

Earlier today we showed you some images from the 2020 Hasbro Fan Expo taking place this week in Hong Kong, and now we have even better quality images of everything on display for Marvel Legends. These new images come via ToysWalker-Dick.Po.

These new images give us even better looks at the upcoming Amazon Exclusive Nimrod 3-pack with Nimrod, Psylocke & Fantomex. Also shown is the X-Men Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary Old Man Logan & Hawkeye 2-pack, X-Men Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary Deadpool & Negasonic Teenage Warhead 2-Pack, X-Men Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary Marvel's Domino and Storm And Thunderbird 2-pack which will be released as a Target Exclusive here in the US.

Finally these new images give us good looks at the SDCC Exclusive Logan and Professor X 2-pack from the Logan movie as well as the Hellfire Club boxset which features figures of Black King: Sebastian Shaw, White Queen: Emma Frost, White Bishop Donald Pierce and Black Queen Selene Gallio who will also come with an alternate Jean Grey head from the Dark Phoenix Saga.

Here in the US the SDCC sets will be going up for pre-order next month on HasbroPulse and see release in September. Check out images of all these things and more below.

Hasbro-Fan-Expo-01.jpg

Hasbro-Fan-Expo-02.jpg

Hasbro-Fan-Expo-03.jpg

Hasbro-Fan-Expo-04.jpg

Hasbro-Fan-Expo-05.jpg

Hasbro-Fan-Expo-06.jpg

Hasbro-Fan-Expo-07.jpg

Hasbro-Fan-Expo-08.jpg

Hasbro-Fan-Expo-09.jpg

Hasbro-Fan-Expo-10.jpg

Hasbro-Fan-Expo-11.jpg

Hasbro-Fan-Expo-12.jpg