2020 Hasbro Fan Expo Hong Kong Booth Images

JayC

6 hours ago, mako said:

Sadly, it's not surprising there's been so little real news, at least where the regular waves are concerned. With Black Widow pushed back to The Eternals spot in November, and the Eternals being pushed to next year, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there's some serious juggling going on at Hasbro to keep everything synced up. If this year looks barren, I see next year being a total mess.

At this point, I'm just glad we're getting what we ARE getting. 

I agree. If they would at least give use a subpar Venom wave I would be happy. I think they are waiting for the Game to be near release until they reveal the next wave of the gamerverse but at least give us a hint on the comic figures (unless it's a full GV universe wave and there are some designs they can't reveal.)

15 minutes ago, Falls22 said:

I’m pretty excited for all of these, I love the movie X-Verse figures. Maybe they’ll contour you and we can get everyone. Maybe even do the Days of Future last looks and the First class costumes? An Azazael would be nice. 

In my case "excited" really isn't the word I'd use, but I AM looking forward to the Hellfire set. Jury's still out on the Nimrod, and I keep going back and fourth on the Negasonic set. As it is, I already have to buy TWO Deadpools I don't want so I can finish Strong Guy.

The only thing I'm truly excited for is the Spider-Man wave.

11 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

How is this convention happening in HK in the 1st place?? I just read about how HK is putting in new, more restrictive rules regarding group gathering and how they are working about hospitals running out of capacity to treat covid patients.

Therein lies the rub my friend. As this hysteria is being overblown in our region of the world for what is clearly political reasons, other areas of the globe have gone back to some semblance of normal. Even places that are much closer to the epicenter than we are, such as Hong Kong and many other regions of Asia. Welcome to our new life.

A mixed bag to say the least. Not interested in most of the Fox-Verse stuff. I know I need a Movie Deadpool and Domino, I'm fighting with how I feel about NTW. Hellfire is superb. White Queen redo is loooong overdue, but I think that Black Queen outshines her. Not sure why people are hating on the Fantomex so much. He's clearly far superior to the last one, even with the Bucky Cap mold. I do like this version of Psylocke better than the last, but I just can't get past that sub par face sculpt. Nimrod is as good as can be. It's on a level with the Classic Apocalypse BAF.

It's clear Hasbro is scrambling to fill some holes left by movie delays in that they're still peddling stale news like the Demogoblin and Crimson Dynamo waves as part of the display. Hopefully they're cooking up something really good to close out the last part of the year. Crossing my fingers for Excalibur box set or at least a Wolfsbane or Feral figure. Tigra or Classic Herc wouldn't be too bad either.

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

Therein lies the rub my friend. As this hysteria is being overblown in our region of the world for what is clearly political reasons, other areas of the globe have gone back to some semblance of normal. Even places that are much closer to the epicenter than we are, such as Hong Kong and many other regions of Asia. Welcome to our new life.

Oh gawd... 

Anyways, wasn't a fan of any of the Deadpool films or the characters in them but they really nailed the look of Domino here. Even the lighting of the hair is beautiful. Not saying I'm picking any of it up lol

What I will be picking up is that Hellfire Club set (are we missing any other White Queen accessories? I swear they mentioned she came with something extra that wasn't in their pics during the livestream), the Nimrod 3-pack (already pre-ordered), and the Storm and Thunderbird 2-pack.

Looks like the Hellfire Club Boxed Set is going to be $80! Nice!

80.png

2 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Oh gawd... 

Anyways, wasn't a fan of any of the Deadpool films or the characters in them but they really nailed the look of Domino here. Even the lighting of the hair is beautiful. Not saying I'm picking any of it up lol

What I will be picking up is that Hellfire Club set (are we missing any other White Queen accessories? I swear they mentioned she came with something extra that wasn't in their pics during the livestream), the Nimrod 3-pack (already pre-ordered), and the Storm and Thunderbird 2-pack.

Looks like the Hellfire Club Boxed Set is going to be $80! Nice!

80.png

okay cool, so I guess that means roughly for us Canadian's who might get a swing at ordering this... it's like 107$ plus presumably 20 dollars shipping from pulse so without taxes 127 bucks for us,, for 4 figures... I'm still cool with that, it makes sense enough 4 figures here in Canada is like 120, but bet in the end this set costs us just short of 140 , I mean hey I'm still going to try and get this, man all of this is going to crunkle my wallet.. already getting set to pre-order the Tokka & Rahzar pack and the Madball figures come Aug 1st

5 hours ago, Atlantis said:

WHAT the actual clock happened to Storm's torso??  It looks like someone took a shovel to her chest and pancaked her.

We've argued that point to death, by both the "accuracy" crowd and the "inclusivity" crowd. No one concedes. I happen to hitch my wagon to accuracy, as it seems you do.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
23 hours ago, Twopinesinapod said:

Look at all that MCU stuff! Oh, wait, the MCU is dead because COVID, Disney, and Hasbro killed it. Crack a bud light and pat yourself on the back Hasbro, you did it. The MCU is barely relevant now. MAYBE you and Disney should have honoured the fans STUCK at home instead of your massive bottom lines. 

Huh? You mean FMU? Fox Marvel Universe?

How did Disney and Hasbro their toy maker kill the MCU? No one is Dropping their new films because of Covid, not just Disney.  SMH..

23 hours ago, bashpics99 said:

???? How in the world is hasbro responsible for killing the mcu?  Normally i would just ignore this comment but i am curious to hear the "reasoning" behind asserting that hasbro made the mcu irrelevant.

Hasbro can't really win.  Given the lead time involved, they come out with figures based on early concept art that often changes later and are also limited by disney's extreme secretiveness/spoiler-wariness (which is often unmerited imo), resulting in fans who are outraged that  Iron Patriot doesn't match his movie colors or that there isn't a final battle Thor figure. But if they try and come out with movie-accurate figures a year later, stores don't seem to stock them well (BP wave 2, Endgame wave 3) or retailers show they aren't happy with the product by putting them on clearance at lightning speed.  

That said, i do expect a final battle trio set at some point.

EDIT: How is this convention happening in HK in the 1st place?? I just read about how HK is putting in new, more restrictive rules regarding group gathering and how they are working about hospitals running out of capacity to treat covid patients.

Just look at Heroes (the show) and the writers strike. When a property bails for too long, the fans bail. Disney could have released Widow on streaming, and Hasbro could have given us ANYTHING mcu to remind us it still exists in their minds. Stay relevant or die out. That was my only point. The mcu is on thin ice since their lead actors left, who knows if anyone will still care after covid. I would bet cash it wont be as many as before covid.

11 minutes ago, Twopinesinapod said:

Just look at Heroes (the show) and the writers strike. When a property bails for too long, the fans bail. Disney could have released Widow on streaming, and Hasbro could have given us ANYTHING mcu to remind us it still exists in their minds. Stay relevant or die out. That was my only point. The mcu is on thin ice since their lead actors left, who knows if anyone will still care after covid. I would bet cash it wont be as many as before covid.

You’re really comparing the MCU to Heroes? Lol

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
7 minutes ago, Twopinesinapod said:

Just look at Heroes (the show) and the writers strike. When a property bails for too long, tge fans bail. Disney could have released Widow on streaming, and Hasbro could have given us ANYTHING mcu to remind us it still exists in their minds. Stay relevant or die out. That was my only point. The mcu is on thin ice since their lead actors left, who knows if anyone will still care after covid. I would bet cash it wont be as many as before covid.

What are you talking about... People with any ability to rationalize what is actually going on in the world is not giving up their MCU Fan card, They are patiently waiting.  Disney didn't loose their ability to make good films.  Disney not Hasbro. Hasbro is still making great figures, comic or otherwise. If you are only in this cause of the popularity then bounce. Your shoes will be filled. 

35 minutes ago, Twopinesinapod said:

I mean, they came out with the widow wave plus scarlet deluxe figure and the deadly origins widow - none of which seemed to sell very well.  And overall, even with the pandemic,  hasbro seems to be cranking out waves at the usual pace, doesn't feel like we've had long waits in between new releases.   I certainly wouldn't have minded seeing more endgame wave 3 figures show up at WM & Target but i feel like hasbro has trouble producing enough figures to fulfill their orders as it is.  And i think if they had a final battle trio or even just Thor in the works, probably would've come out by now.  It does seem bizarre that they haven't tackled that already as the more time elapses the less collectors will be interested, imo.

Overall i agree about mcu,  i think you were already gonna see an exodus by some fans, as Endgame is kind of a natural jumping off point, but certainly if a whole year goes by without any mcu films i think some fans will just move on to other things. its one of the dangers of cancelling sports seasons , just to choose NFL, a lot of people will find other things to occupy their sunday afternoons and won't care about going back to watching football when it returns.  On top of this, the mcu's next projects already seem a bit lackluster,  neither a widow prequel  nor an Eternals film really seems that likely to compensate for the loss of Iron Man and Cap.   I just don't see how hasbro is at fault in any way in all this, particularly given the amount of time it takes to produce action figures. Even if they started in March, at best you probably wouldn't see the results for another few months and that's if they move at breakneck speed.

EDIT:  tbh, i'm worried about the mcu movies, period.  I don't know how movies will be able to earn back the $600 million or whatever they need to be profitable) in the foreseeable future, so how would studios justify launching whatever comes after Eternals?  I guess Disney plus makes enough to justify expenditures like Mando or the upcoming marvel series, so maybe i'm off base.

24 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

You’re really comparing the MCU to Heroes? Lol

Of course he is not comparing Heroes to the MCU. Apples and oranges.

i can’t speak for twopinesinapod but I read it as an “for instance” not an this happened exactly like what happened on Heroes.

he is struggling to present a correlation between SDCC releases and Hasbro/ Disney killing the MCU waves but in his follow up post he makes a good point: out of sight, out of mind. We have seen cases of when waves are released to long after a movie and retailers not caring (ala Black Panther wave 2 or Endgame wave 3).

again, can’t speak for the OP, but I think I get what he is trying to say. He wants more MCU stuff released but what he isn’t getting is that Hasbro knows there is a fan base for all MCU and they know it will sell like hot cakes ( initially)  

There are just too many factors delaying this from happening. Rest assured Hasbro will continue to tap into the MCU 

43 minutes ago, Twopinesinapod said:

Hasbro could have given us ANYTHING mcu to remind us it still exists in their minds. 

Other than repaints or rereleases, what exactly? It takes a while to actually make new figures from scratch. 

I'd love if they'd made a proper Endgame Thor or a Quicksilver, but that's not something they could slap together and have on store shelves in just a few months.