Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. - 7.11 'Brand New Day' Preview Images, Synopsis & Promo

Outsiders

“Brand New Day” – With the help of Kora on the inside, Sibyl and Nathanial continue their fight to shape a dark new future for S.H.I.E.L.D., managing to stay one step ahead of the agents along the way. If the team is going to turn this one around, they’ll have to get creative, and maybe even a little out of this world, on the penultimate episode of “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” airing WEDNESDAY, AUG. 5 (10:00 –  11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. (TV-14, V)

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leopold Fitz, Henry Simmons as Director Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie, Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Elena “Yo-Yo” Rodriguez and Jeff Ward as Deke Shaw.

Guest starring is Joel Stoffer, Thomas E. Sullivan, Dianne Doan, James Paxton and Enver Gjokaj. “Brand New Day” is written by Chris Freyer and directed by Keith Potter.

Produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television, “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” was co-created by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, who also serve as executive producers along with Jeffrey Bell and Jeph Loeb. ABC Studios is a part of Disney Television Studios, alongside 20th Century Fox Television and Fox 21 Television Studios.

152684_1988.jpg

152684_2333.jpg

152684_2349r2.jpg

152684_2439.jpg

Last episode had a kid playing a young version of a character we haven't seen for several seasons.  His voice is a little higher, and he's a little skinnier, but he pretty much nailed the energy the original actor had in the roles he played in the mid '80s.  I looked it up, and it's his son.  Without spoiling too much, I see from the cast list above that it looks like he'll be back.

Writing this season has been kinda choppy. Like how the characters all just kinda glossed over how Simmons was so caught up keeping Fitz' location a secret, she literally told Data-uh-Enoch to murder the entire team to keep them from finding out. As much as I love sci-fi (GOOD sci-fi), this show made a huge mistake when they traded in their "Man from UNCLE in a Comic Book Universe" theme for low rent Star Trek.

Was kinda cool seeing Bill Paxton's son playing a younger version of his character, Garrett, from early on in the series.