Marvel Legends Monday Fan Channel Reveal For August

JayC

Looks awesome! , I am shocked at how good Pyro looks, I would have thought they would have used a smaller buck , I very much need this pack

sigh getting so tired of these pre-orders in Canada.. I swear I havn't gotten a new legend it feels in so long.. everything I'm just waiting and waiting for, while you guys in America have things flooding in, hopfully my DP wave comes soon

I’ve been wanting this Rogue figure since it was originally announced (and then cancelled) as part of the Wolverine wave with the Puck BAF.  She will be part of my Utopia / Second Coming era X-Men display.

Pyro is also very welcome... while there are still too many gaps to do a proper Brotherhood, he will nonetheless add to the pretty impressive group of evil mutants Hasbro’s put out over the last few years.

2 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Because Electro and Pyro are drawn in spandex with muscles. and the mold they are on is still smaller than bucky cap mold and Captain America mold. They were never spiderman thin who now is on a more muscular buck which looks great. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0bc3c05f4c121e1fe7505c6fc4bf6aa4.jpeg

On another note, i am excited to complete this. 

Uncanny Avengers (2012) #5 | Comic Issues | Marvel

You and me both...

2 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

You think? AOA is doing nothing but keeping the pegs warm by me. 

Same in my area. Every hunt I see Weapon X, Morph, and Wild Child. Eventually found the entire line but this waves hangers on might clog the flow of new releases for a bit.

i like that Hasbro tries new things but in hindsight I wonder if a second wave of AOA is a wise choice?

Here I was struggling with the question of pulling the trigger on the Storm, Thunderbird 2 pack. But now I see this Pyro. I can live with the Rogue version it's actually nice. But I really need this Pyro. Make us a nice Toad too Hasbro. Just not that old toybiz monstrosity version from years ago. It was horrible.

Has hasbro gone $$ eyed so much? Rogue's main power is to touch, so where is the hand without the glove? Pyro is too muscular, even in dawn of X he is  a bit in the slim side...no open hands for Pyro? The fire effect we should be getting is similar to Iron Studios...anyway despite, of this, I may as well pick this set out of nostalgia

image.thumb.png.d2bc2a598cf25d64f3866cd1eba18c24.png

Rogue looks good, but that Pyro looks fantastic! I recently sold my Blob BAF because I was that confident that would be re-doing him in the next two years (with Magneto, Scarlet Witch, Mystique, Sabretooth, and now Pyro re-dos, there is no way we are not getting a new Toad and Blob in the next two years...I would lay money down on it.  And AOA is selling great at all the stores I have been to...Weapon X is the only one I have seen on the pegs...maybe a Wild Child too, but nowhere near a complete wave available. You may not like AOA personally, but plenty do, and it is great for all collectors when Hasbro tries stuff like this...it confirms that everything could in fact be in consideration.

You may not like AOA personally, but plenty do, and it is great for all collectors when Hasbro tries stuff like this...it confirms that everything could in fact be in consideration.

Man all it takes is an observation to add fuel to the fire for those who can’t let others have an opinion different than their own.

no one said they didn’t like AOA, nobody said it’s not awesome that Hasbro tries new things. A point was made that some figures in the wave are peg warming in some areas. Maybe not in your area but in one parts of the country stores are having a hard time getting rid of the multiple weapon x, wild child and morph figures. 

Dont get defensive because one of your personal favorite waves isn’t everyone’s cup of tea 

6 minutes ago, tudortiger2000 said:

I think a separate faceplate instead of a headsculpt would have been more appropriate for Pyro. Hasbro experimented this with the Hoth Rebel Soldier in the SWBS, and it worked. Another headsculpt would warrant either a maskless head or another rendition of the character, not just a new facial expression, IMHO. 

Agree,the Hoth rebel soldier face plate worked out great. Many of Hasbro’s “alternate” heads have little to differentiate from one another. Seems like it started with the Ego figure. Still not sure they aren’t the same head. 

Maybe the face plate tech will be use for future army builders like shield agents where multiple plates can be used to create multiple agents

10 hours ago, McHogan said:

I picked this set up because it’s as close to an Uncanny Avengers costume for Rogue as I am likely to get. 

Pyro is an interesting choice for a box mate, do Rogue and Pyro have a rivalry worth a box set? 

Man, these exclusives are fun and the reveals have been mostly great but as others have said, spread the love Hasbro.. there are other characters not in the X universe we need. I get that Hasbro is making up for lost time but feels like they are solely focused on the Xmen when they have a ton of Marvel characters to choose from

and the price for these, Getting a little tired of paying the premium price for what are essentially standard releases accessories wise..

I think the connection between Rogue and Pyro is both have been members of the Brotherhood. They probably have beef since she's an X-man now.

On a side note....

I think some of y'all are confused about Blob and Pyros relationship. Avalanche and Pyro are close friends. Blob is an ass who has made fun of the twos relationship in the past. He has threatened Pyro several times in the past as well.

I for one would love to see the remaining members of the Brotherhood made sooner rather than later. This would include Toad, Blob, Mastermind, Unus,  Destiny and Avalanche.  I know there are others but those would really round it out.

Loving all the X-men reveals!! 

a342f35ec925285c7cf08e2000506125.jpg

12 hours ago, McHogan said:

I picked this set up because it’s as close to an Uncanny Avengers costume for Rogue as I am likely to get. 

Pyro is an interesting choice for a box mate, do Rogue and Pyro have a rivalry worth a box set? 

Man, these exclusives are fun and the reveals have been mostly great but as others have said, spread the love Hasbro.. there are other characters not in the X universe we need. I get that Hasbro is making up for lost time but feels like they are solely focused on the Xmen when they have a ton of Marvel characters to choose from

and the price for these, Getting a little tired of paying the premium price for what are essentially standard releases accessories wise..

No, there is no real connection here, other than the fact that they're often on two different sides of the Mutant philosophical spectrum and have fought each other's teams on many occasions.

What we have to understand is that Hasbro is almost certainly cobbling all these sets together to fill out a year in which a lot of the MCU properties are in an indefinite holding pattern and many of the associated Avengers and Spider-Verse characters are being pushed back until further notice. They're doing a grand reshuffling to finish out the year and I think they're doing a pretty fair, if not expensive (for us), job of it so far.

I hear a lot of X-Men fatigue, and I can't really argue the point. There is A LOT of X-Men product, but we must understand that when/if this hysteria ends, the flood gate will open and we will be drowning in MCU, Spider-Man and Avengers product as far as the eye can see. I say soak up all the mutant goodness while you can cuz next year looks like a long drought for X-Fans. And for all the non-MCU'ers, well, spend your money now cuz from the looks of things we'll have plenty of product to pass on for the next year. It'll be a veritable cherry pickers paradise.

25 minutes ago, monron999 said:

No, there is no real connection here, other than the fact that they're often on two different sides of the Mutant philosophical spectrum and have fought each other's teams on many occasions.

What we have to understand is that Hasbro is almost certainly cobbling all these sets together to fill out a year in which a lot of the MCU properties are in an indefinite holding pattern and many of the associated Avengers and Spider-Verse characters are being pushed back until further notice. They're doing a grand reshuffling to finish out the year and I think they're doing a pretty fair, if not expensive (for us), job of it so far.

I hear a lot of X-Men fatigue, and I can't really argue the point. There is A LOT of X-Men product, but we must understand that when/if this hysteria ends, the flood gate will open and we will be drowning in MCU, Spider-Man and Avengers product as far as the eye can see. I say soak up all the mutant goodness while you can cuz next year looks like a long drought for X-Fans. And for all the non-MCU'ers, well, spend your money now cuz from the looks of things we'll have plenty of product to pass on for the next year. It'll be a veritable cherry pickers paradise.

Let’s hope Hasbro gets back to the MCU soon ... I can support the x waves, but my real interest lies with the MCU / Avengers  universe...

i have  been grabbing the recent x waves/ exclusives that fit my interest but am hoping for a return to the true cash cow where I can justify to myself the cost of exclusives / 2 packs 

13 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

The anatomy and Proportions on Rogue look phenomenal. 

Certainly better than the upcoming Storm who looks like a Sentinel stomped on her chest. Everything else about that figure (except the cuffs) is great, but for some asinine reason they did that and it makes no sense. Glad this didn't happen to the Rogue figure and maybe its NOT a sign that all future female figs are gonna look like that.

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

Let’s hope Hasbro gets back to the MCU soon ... I can support the x waves, but my real interest lies with the MCU / Avengers  universe...

i have  been grabbing the recent x waves/ exclusives that fit my interest but am hoping for a return to the true cash cow where I can justify to myself the cost of exclusives / 2 packs 

Same here I am an MCU Collector and almost all of these X Waves do nothing. All I am really getting this year is Jackman Wolverine and Movie Deadpool. If Hasbro needs some MCU figs to make during Covid make Endgame Final Battle Thor (still boggles my mind they haven't made it yet) Endgame Captain Marvel Okoye as an actual figure IE GIant Man Thanos etc. I would like some more comic figures from the Thor Universe and maybe GOTG

12 hours ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Ugh I really hate that Rogue costume...The multiple X's (belt, front of shirt, right side of shirt, left side of shirt) is overkill LOL Not the prettiest face either 😞  At least the growling face looks nice.

Would've preferred her green/black swimsuit from the 80s, or ANY OTHER Rogue costume for that matter.

Really liking that new Pyro. Looks like Toybiz Pyro is getting retired.

Now we need an Avalanche, Toad (I never got the Series 1), Destiny, Mastermind and a new Blob. But please no more sets or multi-packs. I like my extra BAF parts.

I'm the opposite, I love this Rogue Costume in fact it's my favourite and I would hate to have any of her 80's looks

11 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

Has hasbro gone $$ eyed so much? Rogue's main power is to touch, so where is the hand without the glove? Pyro is too muscular, even in dawn of X he is  a bit in the slim side...no open hands for Pyro? The fire effect we should be getting is similar to Iron Studios...anyway despite, of this, I may as well pick this set out of nostalgia

image.thumb.png.d2bc2a598cf25d64f3866cd1eba18c24.png

Given the costume, she would need a gloveless arm, but as I said before that and no flame jets for Pyro are missed opportunities. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
11 hours ago, Psychosomatic said:

Rogue looks good, but that Pyro looks fantastic! I recently sold my Blob BAF because I was that confident that would be re-doing him in the next two years (with Magneto, Scarlet Witch, Mystique, Sabretooth, and now Pyro re-dos, there is no way we are not getting a new Toad and Blob in the next two years...I would lay money down on it.  And AOA is selling great at all the stores I have been to...Weapon X is the only one I have seen on the pegs...maybe a Wild Child too, but nowhere near a complete wave available. You may not like AOA personally, but plenty do, and it is great for all collectors when Hasbro tries stuff like this...it confirms that everything could in fact be in consideration.

No one said they didn’t like AOA figs. I said they are peg warming which seems to be common. Which mean they are not selling all that great. 

Marvelous News forum comments on this, and every, new X-Men reveal (please select one or more from the list below). 

- The body is wrong. [Add humorous analogy or metaphor here to show level of wit & sophistication, e. g. 'Emma Frost looks like a crack whore, '] 

- Disney. Body shaming debate. Political correctness. Blah blah (female characters only). 

- Don't like this costume. 

- Hasbro should have put in [insert name of idiotic, esoteric accessory from a previous figure or ancient comic that no-one cares about]. Without [accessory] this is a waste of time. 

- Why the hell did they have to put in [insert name of small accessory]???

- Nobody buys X-based Marvel Legends - they just warm pegs. Why don't Hasbro do a Gamerverse/MCU wave for a change? 

This is the second (contemporary) Marvel Legends Rogue. She's a character that has a long tradition of being done very, very badly, so this is overdue. This isn't bad, it's great. It ticks one big box for me by virtue of being a 'lost' Legends (cf. Hood, Lady Bullseye, Mutant X Havok) and thus, as close as we'll ever get to ML Puck BAF Rogue. If you are a long term fan, that counts. Another tick: love the Chris Bachalo costume. Third tick: Pyro looks superb. Long overdue. Conclusion: very, very sweet little two-pack, pre-ordered already. 

Room for improvement? Very much. Distribution. Price. Diminishing accessories. 

I know some of you think it's cool that there are more MCU (oh, and comic) Rescues and Shuris than there are Rogues, and Lord knows we could do with a few more MCU & Gamerverse Iron Man and Captain America repaints, but looking at the way ML seem to be doing at UK sellers, X-Men (based) Marvel Legends are outperforming and outselling any MCU wave. And the secondary market? Well, pretty sure we all know where ebay is.