Marvel Legends Monday Fan Channel Reveal For August

JayC

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
21 minutes ago, LandoTucker said:

Marvelous News forum comments on this, and every, new X-Men reveal (please select one or more from the list below). 

- The body is wrong. [Add humorous analogy or metaphor here to show level of wit & sophistication, e. g. 'Emma Frost looks like a crack whore, '] 

- Disney. Body shaming debate. Political correctness. Blah blah (female characters only). 

- Don't like this costume. 

- Hasbro should have put in [insert name of idiotic, esoteric accessory from a previous figure or ancient comic that no-one cares about]. Without [accessory] this is a waste of time. 

- Why the hell did they have to put in [insert name of small accessory]???

- Nobody buys X-based Marvel Legends - they just warm pegs. Why don't Hasbro do a Gamerverse/MCU wave for a change? 

This is the second (contemporary) Marvel Legends Rogue. She's a character that has a long tradition of being done very, very badly, so this is overdue. This isn't bad, it's great. It ticks one big box for me by virtue of being a 'lost' Legends (cf. Hood, Lady Bullseye, Mutant X Havok) and thus, as close as we'll ever get to ML Puck BAF Rogue. If you are a long term fan, that counts. Another tick: love the Chris Bachalo costume. Third tick: Pyro looks superb. Long overdue. Conclusion: very, very sweet little two-pack, pre-ordered already. 

Room for improvement? Very much. Distribution. Price. Diminishing accessories. 

I know some of you think it's cool that there are more MCU (oh, and comic) Rescues and Shuris than there are Rogues, and Lord knows we could do with a few more MCU & Gamerverse Iron Man and Captain America repaints, but looking at the way ML seem to be doing at UK sellers, X-Men (based) Marvel Legends are outperforming and outselling any MCU wave. And the secondary market? Well, pretty sure we all know where ebay is. 

BOO THE MCU!!! 

DEFEND COMIC X-MEN TO THE END!

5 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

No one said they didn’t like AOA figs. I said they are peg warming which seems to be common. Which mean they are not selling all that great. 

Not here in Waterford, they are flying off the wall of the comic shop (except for Wildchild), but it is courses for horses

43 minutes ago, enzosaurusrex said:

I’m right there with you on more Rogue and X-men figures 🙂

That said I’m holding off on preordering this until I find a Canadian retailer that doesn’t mark up the set too much. 

Agree on more X-Men figs not on more Rogue figs, since this is the only Rogue I want

9 hours ago, thorodinson211 said:

Same here I am an MCU Collector and almost all of these X Waves do nothing. All I am really getting this year is Jackman Wolverine and Movie Deadpool. If Hasbro needs some MCU figs to make during Covid make Endgame Final Battle Thor (still boggles my mind they haven't made it yet) Endgame Captain Marvel Okoye as an actual figure IE GIant Man Thanos etc. I would like some more comic figures from the Thor Universe and maybe GOTG

I’m also much more into MCU stuff than X-Men, but you have to keep in mind that Hasbro is probably taking advantage of the lack of movies/hype this year, as well as the anniversary of the Fox movies to get out a bunch of X-stuff. It really is the year of the X-Men. I guarantee you we’ll see more MCU stuff next year, since we’re supposed to get like 4 movies and that X-Men will probably take a back seat. Then 2022 will probably be a Spider-Man year. These things come in cycles to ensure fans of different lines get what they want. Also, you’ll definitely get at least 1 or 2 waves of Thor and GOTG stuff to coincide with Love and Thunder and Vol. 3, respectively, as well as a lot of various avengers figures sprinkled in with different waves.

it is likely true that people are more into x-men than any other 'subcategory' of marvel legends, and hasbro has capitalized on that by making 'must-have' characters parts of 2-packs, etc.   but mcu figures are also fairly popular and of course the big retailers love toys with a media tie-in;  feels like the success of the mcu made a big difference in ML's success vs Mattel's DC multiverse line's collapse, although of course the articulation/quality differences played a role too. 

I guess i don't get the sniping when hasbro makes plenty of both types of figures each year,  most likely more than most collectors will buy... and for both types of figures, hasbro  takes advantage of demand for certain characters by making them part of a multipack or a wave anchor or an exclusive.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 6:27 AM, JayC said:

Hasbro has officially revealed the new Fan-Channel exclusive X-Men Marvel Legends 2-pack with Legacy Rogue which we first saw back during Toy Fair and a new Pyro figure.
Rouge comes with 2 headsculpts, and an extra set of hands.
Pyro comes with 2 headsculpts and flame effects. Look for this set to be out later this year.Rogue-And-Pyro-04.jpgRogue-And-Pyro-08.jpg

It would be nice if we could get 360 views of these figures or at least an image of what they look like from the rear. I'm curious to see how they did Pyro's fuel tank (s?).

Also, I don't know why they put him on this mold, as he's always been shown as lean and mean. That pizza spidey would've suited him fine. Still good though. Whats not good, is they cheap-a$$ed painted on his boots, instead of molding them....baffles me why they do that, but then go all -out on guys like Maverick. 

Is this the first time a villain got 2 heads? I like how his hoses have that port for flame to exit, too bad they didn't provide a stream of fire effect to go with them.

Noticed they cheaped out on Rogue's evening gloves; just painted on, but I can live with it this time. I never did care for this outfit with all these "X" emblems on it; the sculpted one on the belt is cool. Initially was gonna pass on this figure 'cause nothing beats the jug wave version, but its got that new tech and besides, they didn't give her that spindly body many of us have been raging about. Yay!

flame_and_snow_troopers__41664_1487819879_1280_1280.jpg

Yea I actually liked the simpler/earlier Bachalo design that showed up circa Uncanny 350s. Like I said the Xs are too much here. Though other characters’ costumes might have more Xs, they’re subtler and are functional...like Scott’s or Storm’s comms devices. Or maybe I’m just nitpicking lol

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
2 hours ago, leokearon said:

Not here in Waterford, they are flying off the wall of the comic shop (except for Wildchild), but it is courses for horses

I remember it took forever for Sugar-man to sell out on Dorkside, which is extremely rare. If nothing else the BAF usually sells out instantly. I am not saying they don't have their fans and their slice of the community. I also don't mind people wanting them and hasbro making them. My personal experience with the figures has been a lot of peg warming. 

Don't worry their are some way worse peg warmers out there. Some that have calcified and are now cemented in place. They will be in my way forever. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a1dd60892c3bcc9b62a2f4b788391bb9.jpeg

1 hour ago, enzosaurusrex said:

Yea I actually liked the simpler/earlier Bachalo design that showed up circa Uncanny 350s. Like I said the Xs are too much here. Though other characters’ costumes might have more Xs, they’re subtler and are functional...like Scott’s or Storm’s comms devices. Or maybe I’m just nitpicking lol

This was always a tossup for me.  I love the look of the cloaked costume and appreciated its practicality, although I have zero doubt it would look good as a figure, the cloak might be pretty restrictive to articulation.  I like the costume with the scarf a lot, too, for it's own practicality (easier movement, I assume) and that the scarf makes it feel very Southern and very Rogue. 
I've also seen the costume drawn with one fewer X, which I appreciated.  I wish this figure had a simpler belt, and maybe a younger looking face, but I recognize that somebody at Hasbro has a thing for Terry Farrell or Tricia Helfer (or both). I can respect that, and I think the faces look good and work very well with the body the figure has.

8 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

No one said they didn’t like AOA figs. I said they are peg warming which seems to be common. Which mean they are not selling all that 

as a new collector, i misunderstood what peg warmers are, i thought they are so hot, they sell out 😄 well it was the case in a local toystore here, pandemic has caused the toy shopping frenzy 

10 hours ago, Bluecomet said:

as a new collector, i misunderstood what peg warmers are, i thought they are so hot, they sell out 😄 well it was the case in a local toystore here, pandemic has caused the toy shopping frenzy 

Well, here in the Philippines, Marvel Legends are definitely warming their pegs a little too much. You'll still spot ones that were released by ML in 2019. But the new releases in the states haven't reached us yet like the AOA. You're lucky to have them.

15 hours ago, Atlantis said:

It would be nice if we could get 360 views of these figures or at least an image of what they look like from the rear. I'm curious to see how they did Pyro's fuel tank (s?).

Also, I don't know why they put him on this mold, as he's always been shown as lean and mean. That pizza spidey would've suited him fine. Still good though. Whats not good, is they cheap-a$$ed painted on his boots, instead of molding them....baffles me why they do that, but then go all -out on guys like Maverick. 

Is this the first time a villain got 2 heads? I like how his hoses have that port for flame to exit, too bad they didn't provide a stream of fire effect to go with them.

Noticed they cheaped out on Rogue's evening gloves; just painted on, but I can live with it this time. I never did care for this outfit with all these "X" emblems on it; the sculpted one on the belt is cool. Initially was gonna pass on this figure 'cause nothing beats the jug wave version, but its got that new tech and besides, they didn't give her that spindly body many of us have been raging about. Yay!

flame_and_snow_troopers__41664_1487819879_1280_1280.jpg

I also wanted a view of his backside. From the way these photos are positioned I'm left wondering if they're trying to hide the fact that they didn't give him any fuel tanks.

13 hours ago, ActionMan said:

Well, here in the Philippines, Marvel Legends are definitely warming their pegs a little too much. You'll still spot ones that were released by ML in 2019. But the new releases in the states haven't reached us yet like the AOA. You're lucky to have them.

In Canada our Walmarts  still have full priced figures from the Spidey waves (Misty, Tombstone, White Tiger, Beetles).

Canada is getting better, though us in the West Coast seem to get figures last. The only times I remember getting any Legends first in the world was the Hydra two-pack, and the never before-seen MCU Scarlet Witch &Vision.

When I went to vacation in Cebu, it was hard to find Marvel Legends in the malls. And if a department store did carry Marvel stuff, it would more likely be the lame Titan ones. Hopefully that’s improved by now. Marvel is big in Pinas. I don’t know why it was so difficult to find them. 

3 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I will not be happy until we get this Rogue in her original costume

a94d2c95c3e6e4e4223fcd93c68cefb9.jpg

It would have actually made more sense to include that Rogue with Pyro, but I'm glad they didn't since I know get my favourite Rogue look and my favourite Brotherhood member in the one pack. Thanks for not using common sense Hasbro

On 8/4/2020 at 4:36 PM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

BOO THE MCU!!! 

I'm not 'booing the MCU', Mr Viking! The MCU Black Widow Wave - which I hated on sight at reveal and preview  - blew me away 'in the flesh'. Loved the comic iterations (wee-ell, except Crossbones) and thought Hasbro did an amazing job with ALL of the MCU figures, including the 812th version of Black Widow (but excluding Red Guardian. Ick). 

My personal preference is for comic based figs over movie-based and X-Men comic based Legends uber alles. But, I've never wanted X-men Legends only.

I grew up with a Marvel Comics universe: teams/characters hadn't been siloed and separated as they are now and you could - even as a kid - buy Daredevil, Hulk Captain America, Avengers and X-Men/New Mutants every month. You can't do that now, and Marvel's own marketing & licensing.... issues have really been divisive. It shouldn't be: the Marvel Universe is huge and I would love to see some ML love going to all corners of it - Devil Dinosaur, Kazar, Hellstrom, Slingers, THUNDERBOLTS, F4 etc. as well as the X books. 

I'd also say that my favourite Legends wave of the year was/is the Fantastic Four wave (that battered the AOA wave on every point for me, and I LOVE AOA). And, honestly, as much as I love X-based Legends, I'll pop just as much for a good Thunderbolts, or Earth X or Secret Wars II wave. Variety kicks ass. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
On 8/4/2020 at 10:36 AM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

BOO THE MCU!!! 

38 minutes ago, LandoTucker said:

I'm not 'booing the MCU', Mr Viking! The MCU Black Widow Wave - which I hated on sight at reveal and preview  - blew me away 'in the flesh'. Loved the comic iterations (wee-ell, except Crossbones) and thought Hasbro did an amazing job with ALL of the MCU figures, including the 812th version of Black Widow (but excluding Red Guardian. Ick). 

My personal preference is for comic based figs over movie-based and X-Men comic based Legends uber alles. But, I've never wanted X-men Legends only.

I grew up with a Marvel Comics universe: teams/characters hadn't been siloed and separated as they are now and you could - even as a kid - buy Daredevil, Hulk Captain America, Avengers and X-Men/New Mutants every month. You can't do that now, and Marvel's own marketing & licensing.... issues have really been divisive. It shouldn't be: the Marvel Universe is huge and I would love to see some ML love going to all corners of it - Devil Dinosaur, Kazar, Hellstrom, Slingers, THUNDERBOLTS, F4 etc. as well as the X books. 

I'd also say that my favourite Legends wave of the year was/is the Fantastic Four wave (that battered the AOA wave on every point for me, and I LOVE AOA). And, honestly, as much as I love X-based Legends, I'll pop just as much for a good Thunderbolts, or Earth X or Secret Wars II wave. Variety kicks ass. 

Was a joke. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
29 minutes ago, LandoTucker said:

Dude, you can never tell on this board. And if I did a LOL now, it would just come off as sarcastic. High five instead! 👍😉

It was my bad man, I always feel like my positive energy sarcasm will come across in text and i'm 100% right... 50% of the time. lol

On 8/5/2020 at 4:00 PM, ActionMan said:

Hey ActionMan, kabayan...yes, I noticed this in toysrus philippines website..you guys still have the beast and jubilee...along with the monster venom wave...Just curious, it is selling at Php 1,200 a piece...is that fair price or affordable at all?