Get A Kick Out Of Ron Lim's Action-Packed Shang-Chi #1 Cover

JayC

Shang-Chi embarks on the adventure of a lifetime when his new series launches this September. Written by Eisner Award-winning writer Gene Luen Yang (American Born Chinese) with incredible art by Dike Ruan (Spider-Verse, Black Cat) and Philip Tan (Uncanny X-Men), SHANG-CHI #1 will mark the beginning of a bold new era for the master of martial arts.

When an ancient and evil secret society calls upon him, Shang-Chi will be forced to return to a life of danger he thought he left behind and undertake an epic quest of family, betrayal, and justice. To get a taste of what’s in store for Marvel’s greatest fighter, check out superstar artist Ron Lim’s exhilarating variant showing Shang-Chi doing what he does best, and don’t miss SHANG-CHI #1 when it hits stands this September!

SHANG-CHI #1
Written by GENE LUEN YANG
Art by DIKE RUAN and PHILIP TAN
Variant Cover by RON LIM

Shang-Chi-Ron-Lim-01.jpg

16 minutes ago, Satam said:

I like the tracksuit, too.

I need that look for the Avengers, I’d also like the rest of the Avengers from Hickman’s era: Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Abyss, Nightmask, Starbrand, Validator, Zebra Kids, POD, Sunspot, Cannonball, Smasher, Power Man (Victor), etc... 

10 minutes ago, nWoWolfpack said:

I need that look for the Avengers, I’d also like the rest of the Avengers from Hickman’s era: Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Abyss, Nightmask, Starbrand, Validator, Zebra Kids, POD, Sunspot, Cannonball, Smasher, Power Man (Victor), etc... 

I would prefer Aikku as Enigma over Pod and would also prefer Sunspot in a suit and tie (I loved Ewing's USAvengers series), but Blue Marvel has become a major want for me as of late.

51 minutes ago, Satam said:

I would prefer Aikku as Enigma over Pod and would also prefer Sunspot in a suit and tie (I loved Ewing's USAvengers series), but Blue Marvel has become a major want for me as of late.

I’d take figures of Al Ewing’s New & US Avengers too especially Iron Patriot (Toni Ho) 

26 minutes ago, nWoWolfpack said:

I’d take figures of Al Ewing’s New & US Avengers too especially Iron Patriot (Toni Ho) 

Toni is big want of mine, too, as is Doreen Green in red and black (red white and blue bandana optional).  A boxset with Toni, Aikku, Doreen, Sam, Roberto, and a big red General Maverick is probably my biggest want.

34 minutes ago, Satam said:

Toni is big want of mine, too, as is Doreen Green in red and black (red white and blue bandana optional).  A boxset with Toni, Aikku, Doreen, Sam, Roberto, and a big red General Maverick is probably my biggest want.

That’d be a awesome I’d buy that in a heartbeat 

19 hours ago, Atlantis said:

Sorry not sorry....I'm old school and for my money nobody comes close to Paul Gulacy.  I'm willing to check this out, however. Also cant wait for the original Shang- Chi outfit to be released, hopefully by next year.

100% concur. Hoping we get classic comic based  Cat figure based on Gulacy's art as well. Simple fig for Hasbro or even customizer to make. Black jeans/ shoes, Shang's upper torso with Cat tat, multiple martial arts hands, bo staff , knife & of course, New head sculpt. Jump suit version looks lame.original outfit Shang needs to also come with sculpted forearm bracelets to deflect those nasty shurikens & sword strikes. 

9 hours ago, leokearon said:

Same here, we really need a Blue Marvel and Toni

A 3-pack of Blue Marvel, Toni and Nadia would be awesome. 
I wish Al Ewing or Jim Zub would write an Avengers books again with some of the newer characters (Blue Marvel, Toni & Aikku (w/ R.E.S.C.U.E.), Nadia (w/ G.I.R.L.), Lightning, Voyager, Challenger, etc...) on the team as well as some of the old school peeps and some reformed villains like: Atlas & Mach-X+(whatever number he decides on), Goliath (Tom Foster)

9 hours ago, leokearon said:

Same here, we really need a Blue Marvel and Toni

I was a supporter of US Avengers and Ultimates. The concepts were great but the writing was possibly one of the worst, if not the worst I've ever seen. There is good reasoning behind their cancellations and why they allow Al Ewing through the front door at Marvel Comics is a question for the ancients (I know 90 percent of comics are done online now, it's just a metaphor). That being said, I think characters like Toni, Blue Marvel and America Chavez deserve a fighting chance and could become good characters in the hands of more capable writers. Marvel Now was a complete dumpster fire, but there were a few manageable and sellable character that came from it.

There are tons of characters from the US Avengers main and reserve roster that would be worth the effort. If they were to do Iron Patriot (Toni) I would want it to be the heavy duty version. It would make an awesome BAF. Blue Marvel would be fairly simple. The Reaper buck would be perfect. There are even several jackets they could use if they wanted to do the most recent vested version. America Chavez is a tough one. She's a bit smaller than a fully adult female, but not small enough to be on the puny Spider Qwen buck. But I'll take whatever they can muster up.

37 minutes ago, monron999 said:

I was a supporter of US Avengers and Ultimates. The concepts were great but the writing was possibly one of the worst, if not the worst I've ever seen. There is good reasoning behind their cancellations and why they allow Al Ewing through the front door at Marvel Comics is a question for the ancients (I know 90 percent of comics are done online now, it's just a metaphor). That being said, I think characters like Toni, Blue Marvel and America Chavez deserve a fighting chance and could become good characters in the hands of more capable writers. Marvel Now was a complete dumpster fire, but there were a few manageable and sellable character that came from it.

There are tons of characters from the US Avengers main and reserve roster that would be worth the effort. If they were to do Iron Patriot (Toni) I would want it to be the heavy duty version. It would make an awesome BAF. Blue Marvel would be fairly simple. The Reaper buck would be perfect. There are even several jackets they could use if they wanted to do the most recent vested version. America Chavez is a tough one. She's a bit smaller than a fully adult female, but not small enough to be on the puny Spider Qwen buck. But I'll take whatever they can muster up.

I enjoyed US Avengers & Ultimates. I mean Al Ewing is writing Immortal Hulk currently which is one of their best books atm. Also Empyre is basically Ewing's baby with some help from Dan which is an awesome event to me. He's also writing a good Guardians story too. 

The Heavy Duty version is my preferred suit for Toni. Definitely need America Chavez. Also a Speed, updated Hulkling (in his Emperor look), Wiccan, Noh-Varr, upscaled version of Stinger, rerelease of Kate Bishop with extra heads and arrows (c'mon how are they not gonna give their archers arrows). Wasp (Nadia) also. Aikku. Power Man (Victor). Red Wolf. A lot of characters would be awesome to get in figure form

On 8/4/2020 at 2:08 PM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I want Hasbro to start a Ron Lim style line of marvel legends figures, Starting with Classic Thanos!

246e7dcc620ce76f80e25c20327b3c0e.thumb.jpg.ca5ed8c505cd911c4a36271ff6829ddb.jpgth84B37C4T.thumb.jpg.a72072485b7ad4f7890250fa743ec827.jpgthanos_vs_hulk_byrne_by_namorsubmariner-d66htmm.thumb.jpg.d4b6d157657ae7021fa61469ab7f20a9.jpgAs long as he's done at a correct scale & not 8'-9' giant scale, I'll take a classic Thanos based on the likeness of any of these 3 great artists renditions. You'll notice he's not supposed to be as tall as the Hulk . Classic Thanos is 6'7 not 7'7 or 8'7!  A classic in scale Thanos on a new Thanos specific buck, rates the " Deluxe " package! 3 alternate head sculpts, 3 sets of hands, cosmic blast effects, infinity gauntlet & cosmic cube! Put a $35.99 price tag on that sucker!

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
18 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

246e7dcc620ce76f80e25c20327b3c0e.thumb.jpg.ca5ed8c505cd911c4a36271ff6829ddb.jpgth84B37C4T.thumb.jpg.a72072485b7ad4f7890250fa743ec827.jpgthanos_vs_hulk_byrne_by_namorsubmariner-d66htmm.thumb.jpg.d4b6d157657ae7021fa61469ab7f20a9.jpgAs long as he's done at a correct scale & not 8'-9' giant scale, I'll take a classic Thanos based on the likeness of any of these 3 great artists renditions. You'll notice he's not supposed to be as tall as the Hulk . Classic Thanos is 6'7 not 7'7 or 8'7!  A classic in scale Thanos on a new Thanos specific buck, rates the " Deluxe " package! 3 alternate head sculpts, 3 sets of hands, cosmic blast effects, infinity gauntlet & cosmic cube! Put a $35.99 price tag on that sucker!

more like this!

Thanos by Ron Lim | Marvel villains, Marvel comic character, Comic ...

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
30 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

For sure, long as Hasbro doesn't make him Hulk sized cuz I won't bother! Full head shorter on a new " thicker" buck & I'm on it like flies on caca!

I think the omega red or caliban mold would be reasonable, not too big, both offer impressive sculpts. And not over muscular.

14 hours ago, nWoWolfpack said:

A 3-pack of Blue Marvel, Toni and Nadia would be awesome. 
I wish Al Ewing or Jim Zub would write an Avengers books again with some of the newer characters (Blue Marvel, Toni & Aikku (w/ R.E.S.C.U.E.), Nadia (w/ G.I.R.L.), Lightning, Voyager, Challenger, etc...) on the team as well as some of the old school peeps and some reformed villains like: Atlas & Mach-X+(whatever number he decides on), Goliath (Tom Foster)

I think a Blue Marvel, Toni and Enigma 3 pack would be better and have Nadia in a two pack with Viv Vision

15 hours ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I think the omega red or caliban mold would be reasonable, not too big, both offer impressive sculpts. And not over muscular.

Ya, they're both great sculpts. The Caliban buck was misused as Caliban cuz he's just not that damn big, end of story. At best, he should be on a scale similar to Sabretooth, possibly even Omega Red, but that buck woulda been better used elsewhere. As good as it is though, it's not suitable for Thanos either. He's always been portrayed with a thicker waste. Not fat, by any means, just wider. More like a power lifter rather than a body builder. I think a classic version would need a new sculpt, and I wouldn't be upset if they had to do it as a BAF to justify they cost necessary to do it. Yes, we've had more than our fill of Thanos BAF's, but a good, accurate classic version would just be icing on the cake.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
3 hours ago, monron999 said:

Ya, they're both great sculpts. The Caliban buck was misused as Caliban cuz he's just not that damn big, end of story. At best, he should be on a scale similar to Sabretooth, possibly even Omega Red, but that buck woulda been better used elsewhere. As good as it is though, it's not suitable for Thanos either. He's always been portrayed with a thicker waste. Not fat, by any means, just wider. More like a power lifter rather than a body builder. I think a classic version would need a new sculpt, and I wouldn't be upset if they had to do it as a BAF to justify they cost necessary to do it. Yes, we've had more than our fill of Thanos BAF's, but a good, accurate classic version would just be icing on the cake.

Agreed, a new sculpt would be better than reusing an existing mold. Then they could make him a millimeter taller than the 80th Thor. 

Caliban has been drawn rather large and should be taller than Thor.  Based on statistics he should be one inch taller than Thanos who is only 6'7". Personally to me in this scale it's hard to perfect heights for action figures. As long as they are relatively close to their proposed height and weight i am generally happy.  

image.thumb.png.d68f07365285dbda0dc4674afee44319.png