Marvel Legends - What We Know, Think We Know And Kinda Know As Of Now (8/4/2020)

JayC

While 2020 has been crazy year all around and there was nothing normal about this year's San Diego Comic Con or lack there of, we thought we would still throw together one of our recaps of all the things we know are coming for Marvel Legends as well as a few things we think we know are coming this year/early next year.

So first thing we want to suggest is, take any kind of release date listed here with a grain of salt, even more so than usual. Some things are running late but surprisingly we are seeing many things released much sooner than initially indicated. Things that weren't supposed to be out until the fall like the recent Retro Spider-Man wave and Deadpool Strong Guy Build-A-Figure wave are already hitting shelves now.

Normally we try not to cover things in these lists that are already out, but this year that is harder to determine with so much already out overseas. So while some of these things have already started to see a limited release, we thought we would start the list with the X-Men movie stuff.

28__scaled_600.jpg

First off we have the Amazon exclusive X-Men movie Logan in wife beater shirt. This figure was initially listed for pre-order back in February, but has yet to be released. It's currently unavailable for pre-order or purchase on the Amazon website.

Next up we have the X-Men movie Professor X and Magneto 2-pack which features headsculpts for both the young and old versions of the characters.

19__scaled_600.jpg

They are joined by a second X-Men movie Logan figure, this time featuring the character with a brown leather jacket.

21__scaled_600.jpg

and Mystique from the first X-Men movie.

20__scaled_600.jpg

These are available for pre-order at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com and should be released everywhere later this month.

Joining the X-Men movie figures are several figures from the second Deadpool movie. First up is the Walmart exclusive Cable figure which includes teddy bear. Cable is due out in October. The pre-order for the figure is currently sold out on Walmart's website.

14__scaled_600.jpg

For regular releases, Hasbro is doing a 2-pack with Deadpool himself along with Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

17__scaled_600.jpg

Joining them is a single release of Domino.

18__scaled_600.jpg

These three figures are also listed with an October release date and available for pre-order at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

I should note all the Deadpool 2 movie figures including Cable have been seeing release overseas already as well as some of the X-Men movie ones.

08__scaled_600.jpg

Rounding out the X-Men movie figures is what would have been a San Diego Comic Con exclusive for this year. It's a 2-pack featuring Logan and Professor X from the Logan movie. This set will go up for pre-order at some point on the HasbroPulse website and be available in September.

09__scaled_600.jpg

Hasbro had also planned a second SDCC exclusive this year with the Hellfire Club boxset. This set includes figures of Donald Pierce, Jean Grey Black Queen with alternae Selene head, Sebastian Shaw, and Emma Frost. Like the Logan boxset, this one will be available for pre-order at some point on the HasbroPulse website and be available in September.

06__scaled_600.jpg

Next up is the Old Man Logan and Hawkeye 2-Pack with Baby Hulk. The Hawkeye figure will feature Hasbro's new pin-less technology that they first announced during Toy Fair back in February. This set is being released October and is available for pre-order at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

02__scaled_600.jpg

For other two-packs, look for one with a new figure of Legacy Rogue and Pyro. This will be out by end of year and is also available for pre-order at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

05__scaled_600.jpg

A new Classic Storm and Thunderbird two-pack is coming to Target stores on October 4. The pre-order for this figure is currently sold out. Storm like the Old Man Hawkeye figure will feature the new pin-less technology.

07__scaled_600.jpg

Amazon is getting a new 3-Pack featuring Psylocke, Nimrod, & Fantomex . This set is up for pre-order now and slated with a November 1 release date.

01__scaled_600.jpg

For you Punisher fans, Hasbro is releasing a new rider series set featuring Frank Castle on a black motorcycle. Besides some cool weapons, you also get the viking helmet based on the 5-issue limited Marvel Comic series called Punisher Kill Krew. This is due out in September and available from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

10__scaled_600.jpg

On Haslab now is the new 26.3-inch tall Sentinel figure with 6" Bastion. Bastion also comes with an alternate Sentinel Prime headsculpt. As I type this, the crowd-sourcing campaign has 20 days left and has 12,640 backers. The initial goal was 6k.

13__scaled_600.jpg

12__scaled_600.jpg

11__scaled_600.jpg

Since the campaign started, several add-ons have been included to the project. You now get two 18-inch Sentinel “bendy wire tentacle” accessories, alternate battle damaged head and hand, alternate Master Mold head and female 6" Sentinel Prime figure. It's unknown if any more additions will be made to the project before it ends this month.

04__scaled_600.jpg

Back during Toy Fair Hasbro launched a Fan-Vote where people could choose from one of the three choices that included new figures of Silk, Lady Sif and Elektra. The winner was originally supposed to have been announced and released at SDCC this year. Since Comic-Con didn't happen, Hasbro has now said the results of the fan poll and presumably the winning figure itself will be made available sometime this Fall.

24__scaled_600.jpg

For Fan-Channel releases, we can look for an updated Kingpin figure released on Retro cardback. This figure is due out in November and available for pre-order at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

25__scaled_600.jpg

Mysterio is also getting a similar treatment with the retro cardback. It will be out in October. It to is up for pre-order at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

22__scaled_600.jpg

A new Deluxe Toxin figure is also coming in November. You can pre-order it now at our our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

15__scaled_600.jpg

Another Walmart exclusive coming from Hasbro this year is the Venomized Captain America figure. It's due out in September, and the pre-order for the figure is sold out on the Walmart website.

27__scaled_600.jpg

So that is it for everything we know 100% about, but there are a few other things we have a pretty good idea are in the works. First we know a Venom themed wave is due out later this year. This wave will likely include among others, the Venomized Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales Spider-Man figures that were first shown at Toy Fair back in February.

26__scaled_600.jpg

We also know there was an Eternals themed wave originally planned to be released this year. Hasbro has said that wave was pushed back to 2021 since the Eternals movie release was delayed due to Covid.

There is the yellow glove Hasbro teased in their last live-stream video. The going theory is that this will be for a new Rogue figure. Just speculating, but I envision this being an updated Jim Lee style figure with new headsculpt and new alternate hands. Possibly included in some kind of 2-pack with a new Gambit figure.

30__scaled_600.jpg

There was also the second tease Hasbro made in that video that leads me to believe some kind of Stilt-Man figure is coming, possibly a Build-A-figure for a future Spider-Man wave.

31__scaled_600.jpg

Then there is the long-rumored Walgreens exclusive Silver Centurion Iron Man figure we are still awaiting confirmation on.

23__scaled_600.jpg

And the HasbroPulse exclusive Hellfire Club Goon army builder figure we have recently seen strong indications for coming.

03__scaled_600.jpg

And finally two other Fan-Channel exclusives we have seen listed by various overseas distributor sites

Marvel Legends Eternals Villian Deluxe Figure
F05755L0
EAN:5010993749713

Marvel Legends Vintage F4 Redeco
E96275L0
(Our best guess is this will be the Dr. Doom figure in white we had previously seen rumors for)

So that's it for now. I know there a few other rumors that have been floating around the net since Toy Fair, but we will leave it at these for now. Since Hasbro didn't actually do anything special for SDCC this year, we do expect they will continue to do video stream reveals for Marvel Legends on a semi regular basis throughout the year. They will also continue to do reveals on the first Monday of every month. We will of course update you all on those as they happen. Let us know in the COMMENTS SECTION below what your most looking forward to in the coming days?

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

An animated series deco Rogue seems to make the most sense for an update on the Jim Lee inspired figures from four years ago.  I'll assume if packed with Gambit, that figure will probably get a redder hair color but probably not a new headsculpt with a more animated style do.  Rogue may just come with a new head with bigger, poofier, hair, though, yeah. 

Please keep it on subject and refrain from attacking others. As for the person who know one had ever heard from before who took things off subject to begin with, if your offended by my use of something that is pretty common wording for something then please feel free to go elsewhere for your information. No one is forcing you to come here.

6 hours ago, leokearon said:

So many exclsuives and hardly any mainstream reveals....

Yeah, I feel a bit underwhelmed. It's like... there's nothing new that I would buy here... other than what I already preordered. I'm usually salivating at this time of year in expecting what's to come... and now I'm not.

22 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Still doesn't offend me when people use the term wife beater as people who use it in this context, mean it innocently.

Well, it wouldn't, would it? You're not a wife. Nobody gets to choose which words cause them harm. Words derive their power from history. You do get to choose which words you use.

29 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Again, I am not out here saying that "wife beater" is the proper term, but i am also saying we all grew up in different time periods and we are all progressing at different speeds. No one needs to freak out over something that was common slang for tank in their time period. 

I 100% agree that jumping down people's throats about it is the wrong approach, and that politely pointing out the problems with the term is always more likely to achieve the desired result, but doubling down on words because you "grew up with them" is also the wrong approach. People's differences lead to different experiences and perspectives, and not being able to relate to a word's harm doesn't make it harmless.

39 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Comparing the use of the N-word to a Slang term for a tank top is not the same.

It isn't only in so far as one word was always pointed at people and the other was more indirect. Go ahead and replace "wife beater" with the 'n'-word in the quote above this one, and "tank" with "a coloured fella'". I hope you don't like what you read, but people have definitely said that.

46 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Well I am a straight white male sooo. But i have experience Domestic abuse from a father and father figure.... Don't assume, it makes and ass out of you and me.

To be clear, my assumption was that you weren't abused by your husband, but I'm sorry you had to go through that.

44 minutes ago, Twopinesinapod said:

Fair enough, but I dont like letting trolls get the last word. Someone just coming to the site might think everyone supports his subhuman troll views if others dont speak up. Good people not speaking up is why the world is where it is right now. I say feed the trolls... a fist, then maybe a boot. And eviscerate the troll losers with words if theyre too cowardly to show their nasty faces. Its 2020, the world needs voices in response to hate, not silence.

Tarot is actually talking about the one-post person who initially commented that use of the term 'wife beater' is offensive. Euphoricviking is a regular poster.

34 minutes ago, tarot said:

Guys, He made an account just to post that. Think about that for a minute. The only reason you would do that is to get people arguing. And what do we call people like that? Trolls. Don't feed him/

Sorry, but i think he's right, and while its not the biggest deal in the world, i don't think its trolling to call out Jay for  purposely using incendiary language by calling it a wife beater shirt rather than than a tank top or a muscle shirt?  The term comes from a 1947 incident in which a guy beat his wife to death and was wearing a dirty tank top in the photo published in newspapers .  Personally i first heard the term used by high school students i was teaching 20 years ago, as the "senior" boys oh-so-maturely decided to have a "wear a wife beater to school" day (as you might imagine this did not go over well with administration)

Now i'm curious to know if the cowboy logan figure also got described as wearing a wife-beater on this site.   I mean, i suppose we could also refer to this type of shirt as a guinea tee or a dago tee, after all those were also terms used historically for tanks tops and we have thick skins around here, don't we?

btw for those curious  the tank top name comes from one-piece sleeveless bathing suits of the 1920s that were known as tank suits (tank being another term for pool)

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
18 minutes ago, Benn said:

Well, it wouldn't, would it? You're not a wife. Nobody gets to choose which words cause them harm. Words derive their power from history. You do get to choose which words you use.

I 100% agree that jumping down people's throats about it is the wrong approach, and that politely pointing out the problems with the term is always more likely to achieve the desired result, but doubling down on words because you "grew up with them" is also the wrong approach. People's differences lead to different experiences and perspectives, and not being able to relate to a word's harm doesn't make it harmless.

It isn't only in so far as one word was always pointed at people and the other was more indirect. Go ahead and replace "wife beater" with the 'n'-word in the quote above this one, and "tank" with "a coloured fella'". I hope you don't like what you read, but people have definitely said that.

To be clear, my assumption was that you weren't abused by your husband, but I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Tarot is actually talking about the one-post person who initially commented that use of the term 'wife beater' is offensive. Euphoricviking is a regular poster.

Jay deleted this nonsense for a reason. If you don't like his terminology you can go elsewhere for your news. He was pretty clear on that.  I don't hold any hatred against anyone here for using offensive or non offensive language. I always try to be respectful when replying to others, but i will speak my mind.  

And with domestic abuse in my background, the term wife beater/ child beater doesn't offend me. If you feel the need to discuss this any further you can send an inbox to Jay.  

I'm also Italian, Dago tee never offended me either. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
12 minutes ago, redgears said:

I'll be going elsewhere for news, given your response. Totally fine to not realize that a term is really ugly, but doubling down on it when someone points it out is not the way to go. Consider why it's so important to you that you'd rather lose a reader than change the term you use to refer to clothing? 

You created your account 4 minutes ago to come here and start Drama. Later. 

Honestly, I thought there'd be less figures released this year, but nope. I feel like I'm hunting pre-orders almost every week. Since I grew up with the X-Men movies, I'm really excited about the upcoming figures. And of course, I also fancy the comic/animated versions of the X-Men, and it seems this is the year of X-Men figures, so, my wallet is crying. Granted, we are only seeing the release of the figures that were announced at Toy Fair with very little new announcements. 

Being as I don't collect MCU figs, and am cherry picking the comic based ones that I am buying, I may end 2020 with just a total purchase of under 20 Comic based ML figures. That total may increase if they announce that Silver Centurian IM is coming out late 4th qt. Him, retro Spidey, War Machine & Nimrod are my top 4 wants before yr's end!,  

2 hours ago, memocromatico said:

Yeah, I feel a bit underwhelmed. It's like... there's nothing new that I would buy here... other than what I already preordered. I'm usually salivating at this time of year in expecting what's to come... and now I'm not.

It seems Hasbro are addicted to exclsuives as much as Marvel are addicted to events. If we had a non-virtual SDCC we probably would have gotten some mainstream reveals. Still I managed to pre-order the Nimrod and Rogue sets, so i have them to look forward to

12 minutes ago, leokearon said:

It seems Hasbro are addicted to exclsuives as much as Marvel are addicted to events. If we had a non-virtual SDCC we probably would have gotten some mainstream reveals. Still I managed to pre-order the Nimrod and Rogue sets, so i have them to look forward to

I don't think they're so much "addicted" as "forced" to go this route. It's like my favorite Chinese Buffet. The shut-down put a serious hurt on their business, so they switched to take-out only. I'm not happy, they're not happy, it's just what has to happen for them to survive.

With entire waves being pushed back, and schedules all thrown outta whack, I imagine Hasbro finds themselves with the same kettle of fish.

(Yeah, I'm hungry . . . why?)

43 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Any new information for the upcoming US Agent release?

I hope they put him on a bigger mold than the Bucky buck. At least Captain America size. 

Found this by TXTcustoms, looked good. 

Marvel Legends Style 6" USAgent Custom Figure By Txtcustoms

I have a funny feeling that it will be an mcu usagent from the f+ws series