Marvel Legends - What We Know, Think We Know And Kinda Know As Of Now (8/4/2020)

JayC

I sincerely hope your " funny feeling" is wrong. Hasbro should know full well that a ton of us have been clamoring for a scale accurate comic based classic version of U.S.Agent that joined the WCA during Byrne's run on the title. With a rumoured SCIM in the works, this puts us that much closer to filling out the WCA roster.U.S.Agent should be  on a slightly bigger buck than the 80th anniversary Classic Cap buck & beefier considering that John Walker is 6'4 270lbs & Cap is 6'2  240lbs.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
16 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I sincerely hope your " funny feeling" is wrong. Hasbro should know full well that a ton of us have been clamoring for a scale accurate comic based classic version of U.S.Agent that joined the WCA during Byrne's run on the title. With a rumoured SCIM in the works, this puts us that much closer to filling out the WCA roster.U.S.Agent should be  on a slightly bigger buck than the 80th anniversary Classic Cap buck & beefier considering that John Walker is 6'4 270lbs & Cap is 6'2  240lbs.

I am hoping for a Rogers version of US Agent just because it would be cool to have him holding Thors Hammer. But i wouldn't be picky as long as they use unworthy Thor mold. Not that Hyperion body that needs to be retired.  If i was to put money down, i'd bet we get US Agents on the Grim Reaper mold and includes two heads. 

19 minutes ago, EUPHORICVIKING said:

I am hoping for a Rogers version of US Agent just because it would be cool to have him holding Thors Hammer. But i wouldn't be picky as long as they use unworthy Thor mold. Not that Hyperion body that needs to be retired.  If i was to put money down, i'd bet we get US Agents on the Grim Reaper mold and includes two heads. 

Totally agree on them retiring the Hyperion buck & using the unworthy Thor buck for classic U.S. Agent. What other characters have utilized the unworthy Thor buck?

29 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

I'm pretty sure we'll get a Classic U.S.Agent, if for no other reason than the Cap tooling is just sitting there waiting to be redecoed, and no toy company is gonna blow off such an easy dollar.

Personally, I'm hoping for the Force Works era version, but that's just me.

7 minutes ago, mako said:

I'm pretty sure we'll get a Classic U.S.Agent, if for no other reason than the Cap tooling is just sitting there waiting to be redecoed, and no toy company is gonna blow off such an easy dollar.

1859865230_USAgentbyJB.thumb.jpg.93920d43f8c2138a52e66fb3d4e3c14a.jpgThis version is 1st please.

11 minutes ago, Gigantor said:

https://news.toyark.com/2019/12/03/storm-collectibles-mortal-kombat-sektor-figure-big-bad-toy-store-exclusive-version-372379

Instead of another head sculpt, Hasbro shoulda included 2 flame thrower accessories like this Storm Collectables Rektor figure has.

Absolutely.  They put their efforts in all of the wrong places with this guy.  The alternate head really adds nothing of value for me.  The flaming fist effects indicate the design team either isn't super familiar with Pyro or they just didn't care that much.  Unfortunately, I think it's likely the latter.  And not to beat a dead horse but yeah, wrong buck for the figure.

Pyro is the first figure in a long, long time that is not going to replace its Toybiz counterpart.

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

Absolutely.  They put their efforts in all of the wrong places with this guy.  The alternate head really adds nothing of value for me.  The flaming fist effects indicate the design team either isn't super familiar with Pyro or they just didn't care that much.  Unfortunately, I think it's likely the latter.  And not to beat a dead horse but yeah, wrong buck for the figure.

Pyro is the first figure in a long, long time that is not going to replace its Toybiz counterpart.

This one is a million times better that the Toybiz version, but I have the same complaints as you...BUT, I am going to use the flame effects from the 90's Black Widow (looks like they will port into the holes perfectly - problem solved). Hope they correct the cowl color though!

21 hours ago, Satam said:

An animated series deco Rogue seems to make the most sense for an update on the Jim Lee inspired figures from four years ago.  I'll assume if packed with Gambit, that figure will probably get a redder hair color but probably not a new headsculpt with a more animated style do.  Rogue may just come with a new head with bigger, poofier, hair, though, yeah. 

If they do such a two-pack I would hope they use the same mold used for the juggy wave.  Great chance for those that missed her the first time, and don't want to pay exorbitant fees to get her now. Even the animated series got her correct.

ro x.jpg

16 hours ago, leokearon said:

So many exclsuives and hardly any mainstream reveals....

yeah this is my problem, I am kinda bummed out that we have yet to see a new standard wave reveal, I know they got that Gamerverse wave 2 on deck and Venom, plus I'd be surprised if another Spider-Man wave wasn't somewhere in the mix, I get why we have not seen Eternals yet, but I mean.. they could show us a figure or 2 , we were supposed to have some Spider-Man TV figures...fan channel?

all of the Exclusives are really getting to me to hard keep track of, and track down, if it annoys american's it annoys international people even more

19 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

I believe US Agent may be a Walgreens exclusive. Looking at the photos in the article, I think Hasbro is gonna use the boots and gloves from that Venom Cap for it.

Rektagular had info months back that US Agent was going to possibly be a Walgreens exclusive, and even before that he said that potentially there was a US Agent 2pack, I wonder if we get a Comic US Agent as Walgreens, and A MCU US Agent with some one else from the Falcon + Bucky show as a 2pack

or could it be Walgreens exclusive 2pack Silver Centurian + Comic US Agent... (which is maybe why we have not heard news about either one alone yet?)

I know so many people are hoping comic John is going to be on a new buck.. but I bet it's just 80th Cap re-paint sadly

3 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Rektagular had info months back that US Agent was going to possibly be a Walgreens exclusive, and even before that he said that potentially there was a US Agent 2pack, I wonder if we get a Comic US Agent as Walgreens, and A MCU US Agent with some one else from the Falcon + Bucky show as a 2pack

or could it be Walgreens exclusive 2pack Silver Centurian + Comic US Agent... (which is maybe why we have not heard news about either one alone yet?)

I know so many people are hoping comic John is going to be on a new buck.. but I bet it's just 80th Cap re-paint sadly

I’d actually be fine with a U.S. Agent on the Cap 80th buck..in my collection the first US Agent we got is too small framed for John Walker so he is Steve circa the Captain era.

i will take the Silver Centurion and US Agent in singles or 2 packs, just get them out!

Everything being pushed back has likely forced them to move things around a lot so I can see why there haven’t been any new wave reveals.

They had to reschedule multiple movie waves (since Eternals being delayed meant Shang-Chi and the next Spider-Man were also pushed back) and likely anything they were gonna have to coincide with the Disney+ shows too.

So other than Venom they’re likely holding back on anything for X-Men and Spider-Man until a little later in the year.

7 hours ago, mako said:

The Force Works US Agent is an interesting choice. I had the 5” one from the old Iron Man line. As a design, this era did nothing for me but I was protesting Marvel canceling the Avengers West Coast comic so I only reluctantly followed the Force Works comic.

I know the team was still the WCA roster, but the radical redesigns and weak art never appealed to me. That being said, I am never one to knock anyone’s request for a Legends figure and this look would be a unique take on the Agent.

but I agree ,the classic is sure to get a release, and here hoping it’s the first.

2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Anybody know when the Walgreens exclusive Moon Knight is supposed to hit stores?

It's out already, many places. Lots of people have found it already. One user on another site has bought at least six and has just been selling them for his cost (including shipping) to whoever wants them.

2 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Anybody know when the Walgreens exclusive Moon Knight is supposed to hit stores?

These have been hitting Walgreens for about a month now, in Fact GrtWhite from here just got 2 , I just bought one off of him

I guess it just hasn't saturated the entire US yet , but isn't that how most Walgreen's exclusives go, some stores get them all and some never see a single figure?

52 minutes ago, McHogan said:

I’d actually be fine with a U.S. Agent on the Cap 80th buck..in my collection the first US Agent we got is too small framed for John Walker so he is Steve circa the Captain era.

i will take the Silver Centurion and US Agent in singles or 2 packs, just get them out!

I'd take a US Agent on any buck really, I have no complaints there, I tend not to be a huge Marvel Universe manual accuracy stickler , but I do think it would be a nice thing for them to consider that John was a bigger guy than Steve and to cater to the sticklers once in awhile, plus how damn good would he look on a bigger buck than the 80th ,  but I just don't think my hopes are high he's going to be on a bigger buck, but I'm going to buy him regardless

Oh yeah another thing I forgot to mention earlier is I still have a unknown X-Men pre-order at EBgames that dates back to the beginning of the year

MVL XMEN LEGENDS VINTAGE V1

SKu 752652

still no idea what this figure or figures is

no inventory comes up on EB's website or online

preorderunknown.jpg

29 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

These have been hitting Walgreens for about a month now, in Fact GrtWhite from here just got 2 , I just bought one off of him

I guess it just hasn't saturated the entire US yet , but isn't that how most Walgreen's exclusives go, some stores get them all and some never see a single figure?

This has been my experience, it can be hit or miss WHEN I have found them in stores but except for Mystique, I have found them all eventually.

i have Moon Knight ordered because there has been precedence of not finding the exclusives in stores and i want this guy too much to take the chance. Will do the same with US Agent if he ends up being a Walgreens exclusive too.