Marvel Legends - What We Know, Think We Know And Kinda Know As Of Now (8/4/2020)

JayC

8 hours ago, Gigantor said:

1859865230_USAgentbyJB.thumb.jpg.93920d43f8c2138a52e66fb3d4e3c14a.jpgThis version is 1st please.

This panel was the perfect intro to Walker as the US Agent. His cockiness just oozing off him. It was from an era when comic could surprise its readers as the last we had seen ol Johnny he had been “assassinated” so the government could hide this loose cannon but at the same time keep an eye on him.

his abrasive attitude and natural rivalry with Hawkeye made for some fun stories. It was rare when two Avengers truly did not like each other which made for an interesting dynamic as fellow Avengers began to pick sides. I was a huge Hawkeye guy so I could empathize about this A-hole coming in and shaking up the status quo..

good stuff here, reminiscing about these good old days has me even more excited about a proper Agent release

7 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

yeah this is my problem, I am kinda bummed out that we have yet to see a new standard wave reveal, I know they got that Gamerverse wave 2 on deck and Venom, plus I'd be surprised if another Spider-Man wave wasn't somewhere in the mix, I get why we have not seen Eternals yet, but I mean.. they could show us a figure or 2 , we were supposed to have some Spider-Man TV figures...fan channel?

all of the Exclusives are really getting to me to hard keep track of, and track down, if it annoys american's it annoys international people even more

Same here, if they at least made them all fan channel exclusives instead of pointlessly dividing them between a bunch of stores, people might have a chance of getting them.

7 hours ago, Benn said:

It's out already, many places. Lots of people have found it already. One user on another site has bought at least six and has just been selling them for his cost (including shipping) to whoever wants them.

7 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

These have been hitting Walgreens for about a month now, in Fact GrtWhite from here just got 2 , I just bought one off of him

I guess it just hasn't saturated the entire US yet , but isn't that how most Walgreen's exclusives go, some stores get them all and some never see a single figure?

I didn't realize that; I thought he was scheduled for September or October for some reason. Thanks for the heads up.

12 hours ago, McHogan said:

The Force Works US Agent is an interesting choice. I had the 5” one from the old Iron Man line. As a design, this era did nothing for me but I was protesting Marvel canceling the Avengers West Coast comic so I only reluctantly followed the Force Works comic.

That's the weird thing. I never followed the Force Works comic. When I think Force Works, I think the old Iron Man cartoon. Granted, U.S.Agent never actually appeared on the show, but the connection is there, you know?

Also, a Retro Iron Man wave featuring at least some of the cast of the show would be awesome.

Just sayin'.

39 minutes ago, mako said:

That's the weird thing. I never followed the Force Works comic. When I think Force Works, I think the old Iron Man cartoon. Granted, U.S.Agent never actually appeared on the show, but the connection is there, you know?

Also, a Retro Iron Man wave featuring at least some of the cast of the show would be awesome.

Just sayin'.

Same. The only reason I know of Force Work before really getting into comic was because of the Iron Man cartoon. I wasn't event aware that Hawkeye was never a member, unlike in the cartoon.

That being said, Hasbro has heavily hinted that one of the next Vintage wave will be an Iron Man wave. I'm Thinking:

1. Modular Iron Man (obviously)
  2. Proper Mandarin
  3. Century (since we are never going to get him in a regular wave)
  4. Whiplash
  5. Crimson Dynamo
  6. Madame Masque (a upgrade of the previous version maybe in a older costume)

1 hour ago, mako said:

Just sayin'.

Interesting there was a US Agent figure in the 90's Toyline (based on his Force Works look) which ironically was mostly available in International Markets 

Also as with other here, the cartoon was my introduction to Force Works

2 hours ago, tarot said:

That being said, Hasbro has heavily hinted that one of the next Vintage wave will be an Iron Man wave. I'm Thinking:

2. Proper Mandarin
  4. Whiplash
  5. Crimson Dynamo

I like it! Mod. Iron Man and Century are must-haves, same with Mandarin.

If I had my choice, however, I'd probably swap out Crimson Dynamo and Madame Mask for a civilian Tony Stark (no glasses please), and a stripped down version of deluxe War Machine in cartoon accurate colors.

And since they usually like to share a little Retro love via fan channel exclusives, I'd love to see a Retro 2-pack featuring Modular Iron Man (with alternate Stark head) and Spider-Man (with alternate glassesless Peter Parker head), just for us old Starman fans who thought having Robert Hays reprising his role as Iron Man on Spider-Man the Animated series was the single greatest idea in the history of animation.

14 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Is classic Mandarin off limits now for the same reasoning that Hasbro won’t touch classic Man-Ape?

Classic maybe. But a modern or suited version is not. 

Also Man-Ape is not completely off the table. It's just if they made him, they would never called him Man-Ape. M'Baku would be used instead.

Also given that they have just done Thunderbird and Warpath in a very stereotypical Native American outfits, I don't think it's off the table anymore.

10 minutes ago, tarot said:

Also Man-Ape is not completely off the table. It's just if they made him, they would never called him Man-Ape. M'Baku would be used instead.

Also given that they have just done Thunderbird and Warpath in a very stereotypical Native American outfits, I don't think it's off the table anymore.

Excellent points. Didn’t consider the name being the issue and not the design so much. Unlike that Egg Fu guy who misses on every level

As potential Legends, I feel we definitely need both Man Ape and Mandarin as these are glaring holes in the rogues gallery of IronMan and Black Panther.. plus more classic villains the better

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
13 minutes ago, tarot said:

21 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Is classic Mandarin off limits now for the same reasoning that Hasbro won’t touch classic Man-Ape?

Does this mean we will never get a Gorilla-Man?

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
10 minutes ago, tarot said:

Gorilla Man is a gorilla in a suit. That's safe as most don't know the background of him. It would be like saying Gorilla Grood shouldn't be made for DC.

Lol, but will the public know that? Seeing a gorilla in a box. Labeled Gorilla-man.... mmmm. 

I'm mostly being facetious, I don't think anything is off the table. Some characters are more likely to be fan channel exclusives. It's a safer route for them. Comic nerds understand the character and the general public never have to know. I mean we just got a Punisher with real guns a bat and machete, he Looks like a legit psycho. And it's being sold in Target.

18 hours ago, RyanDaly said:

Anybody know when the Walgreens exclusive Moon Knight is supposed to hit stores?

Oh he's out...Ive picked up 6 thus far for fellow board members ( and one for myself)

Use the Walgreens app to find a store then ask the manager if he's in the back? Every one I found I got from the app. And he won't ring up so take a picture of the sticker on the aisle and tell them to ring it up 19.99 self-serve. 

So jealous! I haven’t wanted a Walgreens exclusive so bad since The Thing. Just need to bid my time, mine will arrive by the end of the month if all goes well.

weird to say but I am grateful for Walgreens, they are responsible for so many great Legends figures. Outside of the gamble if they can be found in stores the exclusives they get have been ones I’ve looked forward to the most in many cases. 

27 minutes ago, watanabefan said:

If we get a comic Mandarin the only version I really care about is the Acts of Vengeance version.

If we only get one version of Mandarin this would be the strangest choice for being the first and maybe only one , we need a good Classic style, but I do love that Act of Vengeance look myself...and it could be done with a modded Silver Samurai

20 hours ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

If we only get one version of Mandarin this would be the strangest choice for being the first and maybe only one , we need a good Classic style, but I do love that Act of Vengeance look myself...and it could be done with a modded Silver Samurai

I'm open to anything, so long as there are no full-body rubber gowns involved. God, that Face-Offs version was garbage.

32 minutes ago, mako said:

I open to anything, so long as there are no full-body rubber gowns involved. God, that Face-Offs version was garbage.

Oh I agree, the Face-Off Mandarin is a monstrosity, but I think Hasbro could at this point really do Mandarin justice with the new technology in figure making they have acquired, but me personally I never really adored that look myself... I was always a fan of the 90's armored look , but however without the green skin like he had in the Iron Man cartoon, I'm sure a lot of you would disagree about this mandarin look but.. this one always stood out as his best look...although not super comic.. I kinda feel like the first mandarin we see though is going to be a suited body figure .because that's the obvious easiest look they can do.. which may just be a movie based

spacer.png

this would be my Ideal Mandarin figure

On 8/6/2020 at 7:50 PM, watanabefan said:

If we get a comic Mandarin the only version I really care about is the Acts of Vengeance version.

Same here. I’ve been looking to assemble that little clique for some time now. Got Kingpin, Loki ( though trying to c9me up with the version of him in his suit that was most prevalent in Acts) Magneto, Red Skull but again a suited version ( kicking myself for selling off the Iron Skull head) , Dr. Doom...  I believe that just leaves the Wizard and Mandarin as the remaining major villains from that story 

3 hours ago, mako said:

I open to anything, so long as there are no full-body rubber gowns involved. God, that Face-Offs version was garbage.

Man you called it. What a joke to have a figure with so much (too much?) articulation rendered useless by stiff immobile plastic robes. Closest Hasbro has come to that is the Mbaku figure. His lower half is near as useless, but at least he can strike a normal pose. Poor Mandarin had his arms permanently outstretched..

On 8/6/2020 at 12:14 PM, tarot said:

Same. The only reason I know of Force Work before really getting into comic was because of the Iron Man cartoon. I wasn't event aware that Hawkeye was never a member, unlike in the cartoon.

2. Proper Mandarin
  4. Whiplash
  5. Crimson Dynamo

Is this Modular Iron Man? This is one of the few armors I’m unfamiliar with. Isn’t every armor technically “modular” ? Any one got a second to explain the highlights of this particular armor?