Marvel Legends - What We Know, Think We Know And Kinda Know As Of Now (8/4/2020)

JayC

On 8/6/2020 at 8:19 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Oh I agree, the Face-Off Mandarin is a monstrosity, but I think Hasbro could at this point really do Mandarin justice with the new technology in figure making they have acquired, but me personally I never really adored that look myself... I was always a fan of the 90's armored look , but however without the green skin like he had in the Iron Man cartoon, I'm sure a lot of you would disagree about this mandarin look but.. this one always stood out as his best look...although not super comic.. I kinda feel like the first mandarin we see though is going to be a suited body figure .because that's the obvious easiest look they can do.. which may just be a movie based

spacer.png

this would be my Ideal Mandarin figure

This was also a cool Mandarin armored look from the Marvel Universe 3 3/4 line. He came in a red and green version but not sure if this look ever appeared in any comics

27 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Is this Modular Iron Man? This is one of the few armors I’m unfamiliar with. Isn’t every armor technically “modular” ? Any one got a second to explain the highlights of this particular armor?

15ABCF3C-2188-4A7A-837D-C5A80C48B3A8.jpeg

For most of his history, Iron Man has always had a base armor, and he changes into specialty suits depending the situation (stealth, hydro, space, etc.), this armor is modular in the sense that it can attach and detach special weaponry or tools depending on the mission, so the armor is meant to adapt to different situations instead of forcing Tony to straight-up change suit. The pads you see in the forearms and legs are ports for the insertable modules.

7 minutes ago, ADour said:

For most of his history, Iron Man has always had a base armor, and he changes into specialty suits depending the situation (stealth, hydro, space, etc.), this armor is modular in the sense that it can attach and detach special weaponry or tools depending on the mission, so the armor is meant to adapt to different situations instead of forcing Tony to straight-up change suit. The pads you see in the forearms and legs are ports for the insertable modules.

Ah makes sense. And the perfect armor for the 5” toy  line from the 90s. I had a few of those old figures that came with accessories that did exactly what you described. Just thought it was a gimmick to sell toys., no idea it was directly from the comic. Actually pretty savvy, if there were ever a perfect marriage of comics and toys this was it.

thanks for the quick break down, great info

When it comes to the Mandarin, the only two of his outfits I tolerate are the one that is a long tunic, from the Dragon Seed Saga, Hands of the Mandarin and Revenge of the Mandarin, and his suit-and-tie modern look.

Considering I don't see the long tunic being easy to translate into plastic form (with a precedent to show), and the fact that Hasbro has recently improved the suited civilian body mold... I think I'd be more than happy with a figure of modern Mandarin. Hasbro could even pour the budget that would normally go to the figure's tooling into accessories. Imagine a Mandarin figure coming with at least five different effects to showcase the different powers of his rings, and his hands in different poses (fisted, grabbing, karate-chop).

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

Is this Modular Iron Man? This is one of the few armors I’m unfamiliar with. Isn’t every armor technically “modular” ? Any one got a second to explain the highlights of this particular armor?

15ABCF3C-2188-4A7A-837D-C5A80C48B3A8.jpeg

Yeah, that's the one. Basically, it was made up of removable components Stark could switch out for mission specific modules. It was adapted for the first season of the Iron Man cartoon, and the toyetic concept really worked well in the attendant toy-line.

When the show went with a new animation studio, they bulked up and simplified the design to make his Season 2 "morphing" armor (my favorite Iron Man armor).

10 hours ago, leokearon said:

All this talk makes we really want an Iron Man wave (or four)

As has been covered in numerous threads, there is more than enough content for several Iron Man waves.

Wave 1

1. Iron Man (classic gold armor circa Avengers #10
  2. Iron Man (Silver Centurion)
  3. Crimson Dynamo (classic)
  4. The Mandarin (I prefer the long ceremonial green and gold robes; I'm sure Hasbro can perfect it somehow)
  5. Madame Masque
  6. The Guardsman

BAF - Titanium Man

Plus, Hasbro can repaint/re-release the gold armored Iron Man in first appearance gray six months later as an exclusive. 

50 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

As has been covered in numerous threads, there is more than enough content for several Iron Man waves.

Wave 1

1. Iron Man (classic gold armor circa Avengers #10
  2. Iron Man (Silver Centurion)
  3. Crimson Dynamo (classic)
  4. The Mandarin (I prefer the long ceremonial green and gold robes; I'm sure Hasbro can perfect it somehow)
  5. Madame Masque
  6. The Guardsman

BAF - Titanium Man

Plus, Hasbro can repaint/re-release the gold armored Iron Man in first appearance gray six months later as an exclusive. 

Indeed, with my Make an Iron Man wave thread I did a while back,  there were loads of ideas.

I would take an all Iron Man Iron Man wave. Hasbro could knock out definitive versions of Silver Centurion, Modular, updated (again) Neo Classic,  original Grey or Gold, heck even that weird “nose” helmet.. through in one or two updated MCU armors and we’ve got a solid Iron Man wave.

Forget the supporting cast and villains for one wave and check a lot of boxes 

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

I would take an all Iron Man Iron Man wave. Hasbro could knock out definitive versions of Silver Centurion, Modular, updated (again) Neo Classic,  original Grey or Gold, heck even that weird “nose” helmet.. through in one or two updated MCU armors and we’ve got a solid Iron Man wave.

Forget the supporting cast and villains for one wave and check a lot of boxes 

It's . . . a thought. I don't know that I'd want to pay 20 bucks a pop for 6 or 7 variations of the same character. This isn't McFarlane toys you know.

We've already got a butt-load of Iron Man, lets try and get at least a couple of his big bads.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 3:31 PM, JayC said:

While 2020 has been crazy year all around and there was nothing normal about this year's San Diego Comic Con or lack there of, we thought we would still throw together one of our recaps of all the things we know are coming for Marvel Legends as well as a few things we think we know are coming this year/early next year.

So first thing we want to suggest is, take any kind of release date listed here with a grain of salt, even more so than usual. Some things are running late but surprisingly we are seeing many things released much sooner than initially indicated. Things that weren't supposed to be out until the fall like the recent Retro Spider-Man wave and Deadpool Strong Guy Build-A-Figure wave are already hitting shelves now.

Normally we try not to cover things in these lists that are already out, but this year that is harder to determine with so much already out overseas. So while some of these things have already started to see a limited release, we thought we would start the list with the X-Men movie stuff.

09__scaled_600.jpg

Hasbro had also planned a second SDCC exclusive this year with the Hellfire Club boxset. This set includes figures of Donald Pierce, Jean Grey Black Queen with alternae Selene head, Sebastian Shaw, and Emma Frost. Like the Logan boxset, this one will be available for pre-order at some point on the HasbroPulse website and be available in September.

So that's it for now. I know there a few other rumors that have been floating around the net since Toy Fair, but we will leave it at these for now. Since Hasbro didn't actually do anything special for SDCC this year, we do expect they will continue to do video stream reveals for Marvel Legends on a semi regular basis throughout the year. They will also continue to do reveals on the first Monday of every month. We will of course update you all on those as they happen. Let us know in the COMMENTS SECTION below what your most looking forward to in the coming days?

Hellfire Club is being sold on Pulse. Its a closed box set. Clearly marketed for collectors. Damn shame they didn't bust out the Ms. Marvel/Rogue body molds for this one. Makes no sense. Certainly glad to see its on its way, though.

2 hours ago, mako said:

It's . . . a thought. I don't know that I'd want to pay 20 bucks a pop for 6 or 7 variations of the same character. This isn't McFarlane toys you know.

We've already got a butt-load of Iron Man, lets try and get at least a couple of his big bads.

Well, in truth I know it doesn’t make sense to do ALL Iron Man wave, just more pointing out there are quite a few versions of ol she’ll head that people want.

yeah, McFarlane’s “DC” license.. or more accurate McFarlane’s Batman license...count out blessings that Hasbro has the Marvel license

I was looking over the pictures of that Domino. She really looks good. I like the 616 Domino so was disappointed at the apparently radical changes, but she was an interesting character in the movie and I thought they did a good job of showing her luck power, of course while joking they couldn't. I am very happy with the comic version of the figure they came out with recently and wouldn't replace it with this. I rarely get variants. Sometimes if the look is really cool I will go ahead, even though it feels frivolous for some reason. The movie version of Domino is winning me over.

2 hours ago, McHogan said:

Well, in truth I know it doesn’t make sense to do ALL Iron Man wave, just more pointing out there are quite a few versions of ol she’ll head that people want.

yeah, McFarlane’s “DC” license.. or more accurate McFarlane’s Batman license...count out blessings that Hasbro has the Marvel license

Believe me, I do.

The problem with Iron Man is, between supporting characters, villains, and armor variations, you just CAN'T do it justice with one or two waves. We need a dedicated, open ended line like the old cartoon line to "check those boxes." Sadly, that's just not the way these adult collector lines work. Best we can hope for is to get what we can, when it comes.

9 hours ago, mako said:

Yeah the whole Idea of a dedicated Iron Man Legends Series really only appeals to me because it may be a way to get IM foes, we have really so little.. we can't even get a damn Mandarin, Whiplash/Blacklash or Titanium Man, I mean that's just starters there is so many IM bad guys I'd love to see, I could make a list 20 deep just scratching the surface majority not being lame weirdos , but you know if they had an IM series I'd be afraid they'd just use it as an excuse to choke us out with a zillion different suits , I don't get Hasbro and the inability to provide us with villains for the most part , we seem to only get X-Men baddies or Spider-Man baddies..getting others is a rough task, I really wish they'd give us a Dedicated Villain series, but that is just a huge dream..we know that would never go down, the abacus men at Hasbro would hide under their desks

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah the whole Idea of a dedicated Iron Man Legends Series really only appeals to me because it may be a way to get IM foes, we have really so little.. we can't even get a damn Mandarin, Whiplash/Blacklash or Titanium Man, I mean that's just starters there is so many IM bad guys I'd love to see, I could make a list 20 deep just scratching the surface majority not being lame weirdos , but you know if they had an IM series I'd be afraid they'd just use it as an excuse to choke us out with a zillion different suits , I don't get Hasbro and the inability to provide us with villains for the most part , we seem to only get X-Men baddies or Spider-Man baddies..getting others is a rough task, I really wish they'd give us a Dedicated Villain series, but that is just a huge dream..we know that would never go down, the abacus men at Hasbro would hide under their desks

I would love some Iron Man and some dedicated villains waves, but it seems Good guys sell better

14 hours ago, mako said:

Believe me, I do.

The problem with Iron Man is, between supporting characters, villains, and armor variations, you just CAN'T do it justice with one or two waves. We need a dedicated, open ended line like the old cartoon line to "check those boxes." Sadly, that's just not the way these adult collector lines work. Best we can hope for is to get what we can, when it comes.

I'll be surprised to not see a vintage Iron Man wave on the 90's animated series card back in the next twelve months.

My ideal Titanium man BAF wave 1 IM line assuming that we're getting  SCIM as a Walgreens exclusive. We need a re-do of that awful Neo armor IM that Hasbro phoned in a few yrs a go, we get classic Perez Ultron, whom falls in the IM/Avengers top 3 enemies category along with Thanos & Count Nefaria imo & we need classic versions of those 2 as well. We sneak in another Avenger & a proper classic Scott Lang Antman who featured prominently in IM during the Romita/Layton/Bright Ironman run of comics, which I consider the best era of classic IM comics with such classic story arcs as 'Demon in the bottle" & the "Armor wars"  we get an Army builder with Guardsman & we get never before done in 6' scale & long overdue classic IM bad guys, including his 2 Russian armored counterparts, Crymson Dynamo in his "Armor wars" armor & a 9'-10' scaled classic BAF Titanium man! No way this wave doesn't sellout every single figure in the wave.  

yr03KtL.jpg

SjhjdbP.jpg

qofYCqi.jpg

rE7XNbL.jpg

9zv57P4.jpg

zApjTit.gif

BnHvJUC.png

Jùst because I like the idea of an Iron Man wave, I’d add an MCU Iron Man wave to knock out much needed characters

Brief case suit from Iron Man 2 update

Obadiah  Stane or Happy Hogan’s Justin Hammer ( can’t have  3 civilians in a wave and a simple head swap wouldn’t work due to body differences) 

Whiplash

Main suit from Iron Man 1

silver suit from Iron Man 1

killian powered up

BAF Iron Monger

*IF* they do an Iron Man retro wave (fingers crossed)  it would be the perfect place to put my long awaited CLASSIC LIVING LASER!! Of course with a Serpent crown accessory.

MANDARIN and MODOK are a must!

I would love to see the villans from the show released such as Dread knight and a new Blizzard. Add Crimson Dynamo, BLACKLASHGhost and A titanium man Deluxe figure and I'm ALL IN!!

It might take two waves to get everyone plus some good Iron Man Armors.

Livinglaser.gif

0000303733.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Titanium-Man-Marvel-Comics-2-Iron-Man-a.jpg

lf (1).jpeg