Marvel Legends - What We Know, Think We Know And Kinda Know As Of Now (8/4/2020)

JayC

4 hours ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

*IF* they do an Iron Man retro wave (fingers crossed)  it would be the perfect place to put my long awaited CLASSIC LIVING LASER!! Of course with a Serpent crown accessory.

MANDARIN and MODOK are a must!

I would love to see the villans from the show released such as Dread knight and a new Blizzard. Add Crimson Dynamo, BLACKLASHGhost and A titanium man Deluxe figure and I'm ALL IN!!

It might take two waves to get everyone plus some good Iron Man Armors.

Livinglaser.gif

0000303733.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Titanium-Man-Marvel-Comics-2-Iron-Man-a.jpg

lf (1).jpeg

I would love  Dreadknight, though I wouldn't mind him being an Ultimate Rider with his Hellhorse. As, if they do a retro iron Man wave they should include Hypnotia 

14 minutes ago, leokearon said:

I would love  Dreadknight, though I wouldn't mind him being an Ultimate Rider with his Hellhorse. As, if they do a retro iron Man wave they should include Hypnotia 

Unfortunately, she was an original character for the cartoon so I don't hasbro would make her.

13 minutes ago, tarot said:

Unfortunately, she was an original character for the cartoon so I don't hasbro would make her.

Why not? Hasbro have the licence to make Marvel characters and Disney own the show now. Also if show-original designed characters can't be made, there shouldn't have been a White Tiger or HERBIE  Marvel legends figures and there wouldn't be a Firestar figure

17 minutes ago, leokearon said:

Why not? Hasbro have the licence to make Marvel characters and Disney own the show now. Also if show-original designed characters can't be made, there shouldn't have been a White Tiger or HERBIE  Marvel legends figures and there wouldn't be a Firestar figure

Except she never made it into the comics. All the character you mention and the xmen morph have made it into the comic in some form or another. White tiger was first introduced in avengers academy first before the show aired. herbie has been in the comics for decade. And firestar has been an xmen and avengers for decade. Hypnotica has never made the jump to comics

12 minutes ago, tarot said:

Except she never made it into the comics. All the character you mention and the xmen morph have made it into the comic in some form or another. White tiger was first introduced in avengers academy first before the show aired. herbie has been in the comics for decade. And firestar has been an xmen and avengers for decade. Hypnotica has never made the jump to comics

She made into the tie-in comics. Still the show was made by Marvel, she is a Marvel character and Hasbro mentioned back at Toyfair they have access to the whole catalogue for Marvel when it comes to shows and movies, so it's only a matter ofwhen as with all their tv and movie figures

48 minutes ago, Benn said:

It's the PC nothing. It's Scalphunter's surname. As far as I know he still goes by Scalphunter whenever he's doing the super villain thing.

My understanding is he goes by Greycrow now because "Scalphunter" was offensive to Native Americans. I read that on CBR. 

It is pretty offensive stereotype that makes Native Americans look like savages after America has labeled them as such since their land was stolen and history whitewashed 

Scalphunter is one of those words that's conveniently offensive when the PC crowd wants something to be offended about. It's still used widely in the Native American community without any intention of offensiveness. Its heritage terminology that can be have a vast variety meanings. Like most words, it can be used offensively, but in itself is not considered "offensive".

Scalphunter or Greycrow, call him what you want. He's a badass evil version of Forge and he was the point man for the Mutant Massacre. He deserves a figure. If you think about it, the Marauders would be able to reuse many existing bucks with very few reuses between the members of the team.

Scalphunter - Reaper mold

Harpoon - Wolverine or Sunfire buck

Archlight - retooled Angela buck

Scrambler - that same lame suit buck

Riptide - Pizza Spidey buck

Blockbuster - Omega Red buck

Vertigo - any number of female bucks

Malice - that version of her in the team pic is her as she possessed Polaris, but she's actually just an entity in a chocker necklace.

Of course, who knows how they'd do them, box set or scatter them over multiple waves, if they ever even do them at all.

Scalphunter is one of those words that's conveniently offensive when the PC crowd wants something to be offended about. It's still used widely in the Native American community without any intention of offensiveness. Its heritage terminology that can have a large variety of meanings. Like most words, it can be used offensively, but in itself is not considered "offensive".

Scalphunter or Greycrow, call him what you want. He's a badass evil version of Forge and he was the point man for the Mutant Massacre. He deserves a figure. If you think about it, the Marauders would be able to reuse many existing bucks with very few reuses between the members of the team.

Malice - that version of her in the team pic is her as she possessed Polaris, but she's actually just an entity in a chocker necklace.

Of course, who knows how they'd do them, box set or scatter them over multiple waves, if they ever even do them at all.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
1 hour ago, monron999 said:

Scalphunter is one of those words that's conveniently offensive when the PC crowd wants something to be offended about. It's still used widely in the Native American community without any intention of offensiveness. Its heritage terminology that can be have a vast variety meanings. Like most words, it can be used offensively, but in itself is not considered "offensive".

Personally, i don't really see the need for these figures. They all scream "peg-warmer" and i don't need anymore 1st appearance daredevil types. I'd hope for and Avalanche or a couple key characters first. 

Man, I wish Toybiz had taken a crack at Riptide under the X-Men Classics line.  He could have been just a top painted up to look like a cyclone and an action figure head stuck on the top.  Load him into your launcher, pull your ripcord and send him tearing through your posed X-Men figures like a freakin' Beyblade!  That would have been so awesome.

Also, it's not just me, right?  His codename has nothing to do with his powers?  Kinda like "Cable".  It sounds cool, but Nathan never went around the X-Mansion and set everybody up with HBO, did he? 

8 minutes ago, MonsterChris said:

Man, I wish Toybiz had taken a crack at Riptide under the X-Men Classics line.  He could have been just a top painted up to look like a cyclone and an action figure head stuck on the top.  Load him into your launcher, pull your ripcord and send him tearing through your posed X-Men figures like a freakin' Beyblade!  That would have been so awesome.

Also, it's not just me, right?  His codename has nothing to do with his powers?  Kinda like "Cable".  It sounds cool, but Nathan never went around the X-Mansion and set everybody up with HBO, did he? 

The name Cable comes from the fact that a) he has a cybernatic disease and b) he is the link between the present X-men universe and the future where Apocalypse rules the world.

52 minutes ago, tarot said:

The name Cable comes from the fact that a) he has a cybernatic disease

Jeez, that's almost as bad as Deadpool being called "The Sarcoma".

52 minutes ago, tarot said:

b) he is the link between the present X-men universe and the future where Apocalypse rules the world.

Yeah, I've heard that one before.  It's both tenuous and long after the fact.  To my knowledge there is no story wherein Cable takes up his codename.  He's just kind of called that shortly after beginning his work with The Six-Pack without any reason being given for why it was chosen.  In fact, that "link between past and present" explanation was (I think) first put forth by Cyclops to a young Nate in The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix.  But Cyclops would only know he was called "Cable" in the first place from previously interacting with the adult version of Nathan.  So Cyclops can't possibly be giving him the name or that reason for the name without creating a paradox.

Liefeld came up with the name and had no reason for it other than it sounded cool.

1 hour ago, MonsterChris said:

That reminds me of my old MOTU Orko

On 8/12/2020 at 8:59 AM, Gigantor said:

All I know is that at the next Hasbro show in Italy later this yr, they better have a figure of this guy to show!

Count-Nefaria.thumb.jpg.408ce6f42788d89b18c4a1499539d05b.jpg

Would love a Count Nefaria! This costume too, his earlier “costume” didn’t look imposing at all and until he got his power upgrade he wasn’t able to take on the entire Avengers roster. It’s about time Hasbro releases some proper villains for the Avengers!

14 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Would love a Count Nefaria! This costume too, his earlier “costume” didn’t look imposing at all and until he got his power upgrade he wasn’t able to take on the entire Avengers roster. It’s about time Hasbro releases some proper villains for the Avengers!

C53E912E-A6F2-4BDC-A1F5-1512BC891532.jpeg

30FB54CB-2E76-4B1E-A9CB-1D7830E223C0.jpeg

That's an awesome pic of Nefaria pounding the Avengers . I had never seen this pic before. Where'd you get this from? George Perez site? That look on Beast face is priceless. Looks like he's thinking,  "Crap, I shoulda stayed with the X- men".