Spider-Man Marvel Legends Retro Collection Marvel's Mysterio Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

MCUcollector24 takes a look at the new Spider-Man Marvel Legends Retro Collection Marvel's Mysterio figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Retro-Mysterio-01.JPG

Retro-Mysterio-02.JPG

Retro-Mysterio-03.JPG

Retro-Mysterio-04.JPG

Retro-Mysterio-05.JPG

Retro-Mysterio-06.JPG

Retro-Mysterio-07.JPG

Retro-Mysterio-08.JPG

I really actually like the Original Comic version better, something about that weathered look on the costume I don't love. it sort of makes it look to me like a weird custom. only thing that I think that is super rad is the clear head sculpt under the helmet, I'm content with sticking with the Comic version though I like the colors better

So that’s what’s under the fish bowl.

love the colors on this retro figure so much better. I was one of the lucky ones who found both versions of the first release in stores but was never a “Mysterio” guy so sold them off. Kept a set of the leg smoke though, great effect pieces for Dr. Strange.

Then Spiderman Far From Home hit and saw how cool Mysterio could be. Love how the MCU has been able to embrace the goofiness of characters from the 60’s and update them into believable adaptations. 

May pick this retro version up. Really love how we’ve come full circle on some of these costumes. First they look like the comics, then we hate that they look like the comics and want them to look more realistic, then we are back to loving that they look like the comics. I’m of the camp that the classics are always the best so keep the retro goodness coming

These Retro lines are fast becoming my favorite waves of Legends. Not only because they have been the closest thing to their comic counterparts but the feeling of nostalgia for past action figure lines ( like Marvel Super Heroes) is palpable.

speaking in generalities but for the most part I love the redecos, love the character selection and love the packaging, although it’s been tough to find them in the wild without some amount of creasing or warping.

I really appreciate my MCU collection but my first love was Marvel Comics and by extension, action figures of my favorite Marvel characters. That we got the most comic looking figures from the Retro line is no surprise, but I have been surprisedly happy with what amounts to repaints.

they have not all been hits, the worst IMO have been:

Iron Man Neo Classic, just undersized and outdated articulation 

iceman, that much discussed crease down his face

but the hits keep on coming. Loved the entire Avengers wave, the Xmen wave got me a few surprising additions to my collection like Patch Wolverine. The recent Spidey wave is equally amazing, very impressed with Daredevil and Gwen. Then add in the upcoming Kingpin in my preferred suit.. man so much good stuff

like I said, I’m happy to get any era for Legends but these Retro versions are hitting all the right notes for me

Golden Gloves/Boots and paint detail really make this figure look billion times better than the original release, as if this figure, unlike its more generic looking predecessor, really has some personality going, I just wish we would have gotten Quentin Beck head with his distinct hairstyle and all, now that would have been a real surprise, 

Mysterio-Marvel-Comics-Spider-Man-g.jpg