Nia DaCosta To Direct 'Captain Marvel 2'

Outsiders

Deadline is reporting that director Nia DaCosta has been tapped to direct the sequel to Captain Marvel.  DaCosta is coming off helming the anticipated reboot of Candyman.

DaCosta takes over the directing reigns from Anna Bodn and Ryan Fleck, who directed the first movie.  The scripted was penned by Megan McDonnell, a story editor on the Marvel-based series WandaVision, with Brie Larson returning to star.

The first Captain Marvel movie was released in March 2019 and grossed $1.13 billion worldwide.

Disney and Marvel Studios had no comment.

Nia_DaCosta.jpg

Sure why not, I don't really know much about her work, because I have not seen Little Woods, and no body has seen Candyman yet, but I am confident that Candyman should be really cool, so I have faith she might be a good choice... so yeah cool, as long as it's better than the first movie which shouldn't be to hard to pull off

I'm glad they moved form previous directors, they didn't do a bad job but it was far from good. Hopefully, new director can really make sequel exciting, considering all the rumors that imply everything big starting from secret invasion to introduction of mutants and wolverine. I would love if they incorporated that iconic Rogue/Carol scene, if its too early maybe at least they can do it in 3rd part, that scene recreation is too good of a opportunity to miss, especially when they can do it as post credit scene.

It's not like they expect this movie to actually perform. It's just another centerpiece they're gonna spotlight and build up with pre-sold, nonrefundable corporate backed ticket sales so they can tout "record sales" while the scripted media and Hollywood owned critics can give it 10/10 across the board and prop it up as AMAZING and BOLD and THE FUTURE OF CINEMA while sites like Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic will shut off user comments and consumer scores under the guise of hateful speech and toxic behavior to hide what the public really thinks about it.

Just a guess.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
10 minutes ago, monron999 said:

It's not like they expect this movie to actually perform. It's just another centerpiece they're gonna spotlight and build up with pre-sold, nonrefundable corporate backed ticket sales so they can tout "record sales" while the scripted media and Hollywood owned critics can give it 10/10 across the board and prop it up as AMAZING and BOLD and THE FUTURE OF CINEMA while sites like Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic will shut off user comments and consumer scores under the guise of hateful speech and toxic behavior to hide what the public really thinks about it.

Just a guess.

If you are over the age of 17 and have lived through Covid/Quaratine at all. You won't make a rational decision to purchase tickets to a theater that hasn't been open in months...  They just picked a Director, they haven't even started filming yet. 

17 hours ago, mako said:

What exactly was Disney or Marvel Studios supposed to comment on? She's a director, she was hired to direct. The press release says it all. I'm not familiar with her work, but she isn't James Gunn or Taika Waitit, so that's two points in her favor on my list.

I'm glad there are more female directors driving female heroic movies these days (like that of Wonder Woman). They can serve as inspiration to young girls in developing their creativity. My girls would love to see Captain Marvel take her flight again in movie houses (we're crossing our fingers that that is so in the near future).

2 hours ago, ActionMan said:

I'm glad there are more female directors driving female heroic movies these days (like that of Wonder Woman). They can serve as inspiration to young girls in developing their creativity. My girls would love to see Captain Marvel take her flight again in movie houses (we're crossing our fingers that that is so in the near future).

I like to think a good director is a good director. Man, woman, black, white, gay, straight, etc., shouldn't really matter. That being said, I'm always happy to see women directors, producers, etc. I'm a guy, but coming from a family of mostly women, I'm acutely aware of the need for positive female role-models . . . particularly in the entertainment industry.