Impossible figures?

Dabboi

What are some characters that for one reason or another; you think are impossible (or extremely unlikely) to get figures? Basically characters who would never be able to have a figure do them justice.

I have two choices; Swarm and Dust.

I don't think Swarm could ever really work as a figure; unless he was phoned in.
Dust, well I gotta feeling a couple of parents (in the States at least) might complain about her design if they saw the figure in the toy aisle

DustProfile.jpg

Fritz_von_Meyer_(Earth-616)_from_Runaways_Vol_2_7_0001.jpg

Until this past SDCC I would have said a comic accurate Hellfire Club Emma Frost. I mean , its a figure wearing lingerie!! Just lingerie. Well and a cape. But if anything could make me smile in this dumpster fire that is 2020 it’s that a major toy company is going to sell us action figures wearing underwear..

13 hours ago, Dabboi said:

What are some characters that for one reason or another; you think are impossible (or extremely unlikely) to get figures? Basically characters who would never be able to have a figure do them justice.

I have two choices; Swarm and Dust.

I don't think Swarm could ever really work as a figure; unless he was phoned in.
Dust, well I gotta feeling a couple of parents (in the States at least) might complain about her design if they saw the figure in the toy aisle

DustProfile.jpg

Fritz_von_Meyer_(Earth-616)_from_Runaways_Vol_2_7_0001.jpg

I could actually see Hasbro making an pretty awesome Swarm.. there are few customs online that are decent so with Hasbro’s quality of work I’m sure they could knock it out of the park.

I think in terms of designing a figure nothing is actually impossible, definetly some things may really be harder..like an accurate Ego, or maybe a Glob Herman, Armor or..Shuma Gorath.. or anything Huge.. but as we have seen with the Sentinel things can be done in huge scale

some figures that would be impossible to make because the actual character could never be sold on the market would be Leather Boy for sure, Captain Axis and Master Man those are never ever going to get a chance , something like Hate Monger would probably be a tough one

7 hours ago, AnotherPunkChef said:

Flatman from Great Lakes Avengers...unless...maybe if they did pin hinges like in the MCU Vulture's wings....maybe ratchet them so the joints lock into place.....

Apparently, Toybiz had a Flatman "figure" it was like a cardboard cutout or something

9 hours ago, ScottieACE said:

Yes, they did. It was hilarious. It came in the back of the GL-XMAS special. It had, I believe, "infinite points of articulation"!

yeah it was pretty damn funny, I still see collectors who deem it a official Legends action figure

spacer.png

49 minutes ago, ScottieACE said:

I love it! I feel like it occupies the same place in the Marvel Legends line, as the character does in the Marvel Universe.

yeah and hey one of the best parts about the Flatman "action figure" is it's free now!, you can just print out that picture and you got him, I still would really like to get the great lakes avengers team, at least some of the figures eventually, like a 3D flatman, doorman, mister immortal, dinah soar and some others if they wish to go along side squirrel girl

Red Skull in his green jumper with a giant swastika ( sorry @enzosaurusrex this one does not mean hope 😁)

Big Bertha ( eating disorder super power = shame)

Fu Man Chu ( Shang Chi’s dad)

Dr Bong, I know he has a bell for a head but try putting that on a toy package

1 hour ago, McHogan said:

Red Skull in his green jumper with a giant swastika ( sorry @enzosaurusrex this one does not mean hope 😁)

Big Bertha ( eating disorder super power = shame)

Fu Man Chu ( Shang Chi’s dad)

Dr Bong, I know he has a bell for a head but try putting that on a toy package

I was just about to say Big Bertha, but I actually think it would have a chance if her back story is made clear enough. A former model who prefers to remain in her "larger" form than feel objectified in her objectified "idealic" form would go ever pretty well in today's environment.

2 hours ago, monron999 said:

I was just about to say Big Bertha, but I actually think it would have a chance if her back story is made clear enough. A former model who prefers to remain in her "larger" form than feel objectified in her objectified "idealic" form would go ever pretty well in today's environment.

Ehhh... maybe, I can see the upside but that’s a tough sell to the masses who have no idea what her story entails. 

However, they have made more than one Blob figure and “Blob” on the package of a morbidly obese man could look worse than “ Big Bertha” on a figure of large woman