NYCC And MCM London Go Virtual In 2020 - Plus New Hasbro Reveals Coming Next Week (8/17)

JayC

1 hour ago, tarot said:

Also, I have mentions this before but if they are going to reveal the Venom wave, the rumored listing, which I assume it either comic or cartoon based since they are using the Maximum Venom cartoon as a marketing brand, will consist of:

• Venomized Mile Morale (confirmed)
  • Venomized Spider-Gwen (Confirmed)
  • Venom
  • Carnage
  • Morbius 
  • Phage. 
  • BAF: we are assuming thanks to the tease that the BAF will be Stilt Man.

I'm struggling to see how they will be able to do Venom and Carnage again, unless they do something like either movie versions (seems unlikely), re-releases with more things (already done) or use new bodies, (probably the most likely, but not desirable) 

Also anytime I see Phage, I keep thinking of the Xenophage and not the actual symbiote 

8 minutes ago, leokearon said:

I'm struggling to see how they will be able to do Venom and Carnage again, unless they do something like either movie versions (seems unlikely), re-releases with more things (already done) or use new bodies, (probably the most likely, but not desirable) 

Also anytime I see Phage, I keep thinking of the Xenophage and not the actual symbiote 

There are plenty of version of Venom and Carnage they could do.

Venom:

• Gargan version on the Omega body
  • Lee Price Version  (hoping for this one just to get a brand new character)
  • She-Venom
  • Ultimate Version
  • Venom in 90's animated colors or MVC colors
  • Movie Venom 
  • Raimi's Venom

Carnage:

• Superior Carnage
  • Absolute Carnage (hoping for this one personally)
  • Ultimate Carnage
  • She-Carnage - either versions
  • Carnage USA
  •  

17 minutes ago, tarot said:

There are plenty of version of Venom and Carnage they could do.

Venom:

• Gargan version on the Omega body
  • Lee Price Version  (hoping for this one just to get a brand new character)
  • She-Venom
  • Ultimate Version
  • Venom in 90's animated colors or MVC colors
  • Movie Venom 
  • Raimi's Venom

Carnage:

• Superior Carnage
  • Absolute Carnage (hoping for this one personally)
  • Ultimate Carnage
  • She-Carnage - either versions
  • Carnage USA
  •  

and not surprisingly, none of those appeal to me. Given how badly they handled the previous waves versions, just the old version but with stuff we should have added the first time around; I would prefer to see some completely new characters than another Venom and Carnage.

Guest EUPHORICVIKING
37 minutes ago, leokearon said:

and not surprisingly, none of those appeal to me. Given how badly they handled the previous waves versions, just the old version but with stuff we should have added the first time around; I would prefer to see some completely new characters than another Venom and Carnage.

Probably because creating new Sympbiote Spawns was cooler. I mean now every character has been venomized... is venom even special anymore? The village bicycle is only fun until you've had your ride and now realize that the rear tire is flat and chain falls off every time you stop peddling. 

Hey I'm glad when they make more versions of the same character OVER&OVER again...saves me $ bc I WIL NOT buy that crud!!!!! I've been saying this for yrs...so many characters that need to be made yet or deserve an upgrade and they keep making more stupid Venoms, carnage,punisher, green/Hob goblins, spideys, ironmans, etc, etc.

4 hours ago, tarot said:

Also, I have mentions this before but if they are going to reveal the Venom wave, the rumored listing, which I assume it either comic or cartoon based since they are using the Maximum Venom cartoon as a marketing brand, will consist of:

• Venom
  • Carnage
  • Morbius 
  • Phage. 

I wonder if this is trully the line up, if these figures will all be based off the Maximum Venom looks, if that's the case then a new Venom on a bigger buck should be coming , since he seems to be portrayed quite huge in this show , I sorta hope it's a movie version because I think that could look really cool if done right. Carnage doesn't even seem to be a part of this Maximum Venom show so it's going to be interesting to see what Carnage they go with.. I wonder if it will be more his skinny look from Absolute Carnage, because I feel like they wouldn't put out the movie figure yet..? same goes for Morbius.. doesn't seem to be in the show wonder if it would be his 90's look he had with Midnight sons. I for one have a bit of a feeling this line-up isn't going to be the line-up we see if it's actually a Maximum Venom oriented wave in entirety, I think we are more likely to see Venomized versions of characters maybe Strange, Cap Marvel, Groot etc, I also sorta think that Stilt Man won't be the BAF and he's going to be a Spidey wave BAF, I can't wait to find out!

6 hours ago, tarot said:

• Venom
  • Carnage
  • Morbius 
  • Phage. 

Welp...just the BAF for me AGAIN. I'm REALLY not interested in more symbiot merch. 

13 minutes ago, Benn said:

I'd be really surprised if Stilt Man was the BAF for this wave. I'd guess he's for a Spidey wave early next year.

generally when hasbro does a "tease", it usually means that the next Livestream will have the full figure reveal. Although considering that they also teased that glove who can truly tell.

I'd be a happier dork if Hasbro did no more Venom Legends ever again and kept the endless, but sadly inevitable, slew of 'venomised' characters in their Titans line or those weird new Marvel squish, fiddle and throw type figures that appeal to children with ASD. 

A good symbiote figure is fine. The first Toy Biz Marvel Legends Venom was - and still is - 50 shades of awesome. Even with poor articulation,  every thing is golden. The detail, the pose, the display stand: that's all the Venom I'll ever need. Hasbro thought otherwise.

Without even mentioning Spider-Ham, the first Venom wave was a case of: "Am I really stupid enough to pay £22 (about $25/$26) to get an identical version of Venom, because it has the 1980's Eddie Brock head and a lame dollop of black plastic, back peg symbiote effect? You better believe it! And that Carnage I've bought before? Well, I'm just dying to buy it all over again, because it has a swap head and an axe hand. Totes worth it. Oh, and the Venom BAF? Can you release it in a way which makes my purchase of the entire wave - 6 x 22 = £132 -seem like a total slap in the face? Like a totally unchanged single release of same with a price point around £30? And, also, could you repaint the BAF single release, shove a bunch of tentacles everywhere and hit us again for the same cash?"

Yeah, I know they do that everywhere, but there are degrees: Agent Venom, Agent Anti-Venom. Venom. Venom with Brock head. Monster Venom BAF. Venom with Punisher symbol on chest (Marvel Digital subscription version). Monster Venom BAF (again). Toxin. Anti-Venom. Space Venom. Carnage. Carnage with Cassidy head. Lasher. Toxin (Monster Venom rework).

And now...Venomised Marvel Legends. What could go wrong? The three previous Venomised reveals were enough (actually, three was three too many, but I could tolerate their existence if this was a one-and-done deal. Lol.), but think of the endlessly imaginative possibilities: Venomised Wolverine! Venomised Hulk! Venomised Gvenompool (don't know what this thing is properly called, don't care)! Venomised Iron Man! Venomised Squirrel Girl! Venomised Carnage!!!!  Venomised Spider-Man! Oh, my!!!

I've always felt Venom was a pointless, soulless, uninteresting and irksome  character. Just dumb, stupid and lazy work by Marvel from 1988 onwards. Cool in Marvel vs Capcom 2, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, but nowhere else.  His backstory is that he was Spider-Man's rejected back-up costume. Swish!! No matter who wrote, drew, animated, digitised, voiced or made the toy(s) of Venom and the infinite symbiote variations (gender: Phage, Bride, Scream. Colour: Toxin. Lasher. Carnage. Riot. Anti-Venom. Hybrids: Scorpion Venom. Poison. Carnom. Venom: Space Knight. Gwenom. Spider-Man Venom. Ultimate Spider-Man Venom. Spider-verse Venom(s). Venom-Verse Venom. Venomised every Marvel character ever) it's the same stupid primary colours, crud-dripping, Cheshire Cat smiley funny toothy mouth. Endless, pointless fights and powers cancelling powers cancelling powers.

And that's why I hated that Venom movie more than any superhero I have ever seen. Tom Hardy (a fine actor, but not in this movie) doing cannibalism jokes and two stupid CGI monsters (both black and white and totally indistinguishable) beating up a rocket. And why are Venom and Riot even fighting when their whole deal - clearly stated by both several thousand times - is invade earth, symbiosis, eat people? 

Venom is to comics and Marvel Legends what botulism is to high cuisine, and the best 'What if...?' story line Marvel could ever do would be: 'What If Spider-Man never tried to repair his costume on Battle-world?'

No. More. Venom. (respect to House of M #1, 2005).

@LandoTucker 

I'm thinking you are NOT a venom fan or Marvel symbiots in general. I'm there with you. I liked Venom at first and thought it was a clever concept ...but they have exhausted this storyline much like the Phoenix story line. I would like to see them wiped out leaving only Venom as a cool villain for Spidey...but only after they Let it rest for a while. 

This toy line is a waste of time for me but I'm happy for those that enjoy the characters. It saves me some cash. If Stiltman is the BAF I'll be chasing parts on the Bay.

36 minutes ago, LandoTucker said:

I'd be a happier dork if Hasbro did no more Venom Legends ever again and kept the endless, but sadly inevitable, slew of 'venomised' characters in their Titans line or those weird new Marvel squish, fiddle and throw type figures that appeal to children with ASD. 

A good symbiote figure is fine. The first Toy Biz Marvel Legends Venom was - and still is - 50 shades of awesome. Even with poor articulation,  every thing is golden. The detail, the pose, the display stand: that's all the Venom I'll ever need. Hasbro thought otherwise.

Without even mentioning Spider-Ham, the first Venom wave was a case of: "Am I really stupid enough to pay £22 (about $25/$26) to get an identical version of Venom, because it has the 1980's Eddie Brock head and a lame dollop of black plastic, back peg symbiote effect? You better believe it! And that Carnage I've bought before? Well, I'm just dying to buy it all over again, because it has a swap head and an axe hand. Totes worth it. Oh, and the Venom BAF? Can you release it in a way which makes my purchase of the entire wave - 6 x 22 = £132 -seem like a total slap in the face? Like a totally unchanged single release of same with a price point around £30? And, also, could you repaint the BAF single release, shove a bunch of tentacles everywhere and hit us again for the same cash?"

Yeah, I know they do that everywhere, but there are degrees: Agent Venom, Agent Anti-Venom. Venom. Venom with Brock head. Monster Venom BAF. Venom with Punisher symbol on chest (Marvel Digital subscription version). Monster Venom BAF (again). Toxin. Anti-Venom. Space Venom. Carnage. Carnage with Cassidy head. Lasher. Toxin (Monster Venom rework).

And now...Venomised Marvel Legends. What could go wrong? The three previous Venomised reveals were enough (actually, three was three too many, but I could tolerate their existence if this was a one-and-done deal. Lol.), but think of the endlessly imaginative possibilities: Venomised Wolverine! Venomised Hulk! Venomised Gvenompool (don't know what this thing is properly called, don't care)! Venomised Iron Man! Venomised Squirrel Girl! Venomised Carnage!!!!  Venomised Spider-Man! Oh, my!!!

I've always felt Venom was a pointless, soulless, uninteresting and irksome  character. Just dumb, stupid and lazy work by Marvel from 1988 onwards. Cool in Marvel vs Capcom 2, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, but nowhere else.  His backstory is that he was Spider-Man's rejected back-up costume. Swish!! No matter who wrote, drew, animated, digitised, voiced or made the toy(s) of Venom and the infinite symbiote variations (gender: Phage, Bride, Scream. Colour: Toxin. Lasher. Carnage. Riot. Anti-Venom. Hybrids: Scorpion Venom. Poison. Carnom. Venom: Space Knight. Gwenom. Spider-Man Venom. Ultimate Spider-Man Venom. Spider-verse Venom(s). Venom-Verse Venom. Venomised every Marvel character ever) it's the same stupid primary colours, crud-dripping, Cheshire Cat smiley funny toothy mouth. Endless, pointless fights and powers cancelling powers cancelling powers.

And that's why I hated that Venom movie more than any superhero I have ever seen. Tom Hardy (a fine actor, but not in this movie) doing cannibalism jokes and two stupid CGI monsters (both black and white and totally indistinguishable) beating up a rocket. And why are Venom and Riot even fighting when their whole deal - clearly stated by both several thousand times - is invade earth, symbiosis, eat people? 

Venom is to comics and Marvel Legends what botulism is to high cuisine, and the best 'What if...?' story line Marvel could ever do would be: 'What If Spider-Man never tried to repair his costume on Battle-world?'

No. More. Venom. (respect to House of M #1, 2005).

Yeah seems you really have a dislike for Venom and Symbiotes , none of this I agree with, my view is the Antithesis of yours, give me more Symbiotes!!  , I love Venom and all Symbiote fun, I want it all, slap symbiotes on everyone, make them in every color, give me lunch boxes and marshmellow cereal with little symbiote likeness, mugs and keychains, I never get enough , it's one of my favorite Marvel things, it's all so awesome, at least posts like these let me know I don't have to worry about you standing in the same line as me trying to get a venom legend into your shopping cart, cool!

also you do realize you can just ignore it all if you don't like it, and save yourself some money

Yeah, that's cool you don't like symbiotes. I don't like the Avengers, and my opinion of most of them isn't much higher than your opinion of Venom, but I don't begrudge anyone getting the figures they like. Clearly symbiotes are really popular with a certain crowd, and Venom getting a wave every now and then isn't stopping you from getting stuff you like in other waves. If anything, it seems like you should be grateful the symbiote stuff is mostly not showing up in Spidey waves as a result.

2 hours ago, tarot said:

generally when hasbro does a "tease", it usually means that the next Livestream will have the full figure reveal. Although considering that they also teased that glove who can truly tell.

Like when? They did the sentinel tease at Toy Fair, then teased it again four or five months later, then revealed it a month or so after that. They did a Hellfire tease, then another one a month or two later, then finally revealed the set after about another month. If there's a pattern for teases this year, it's an early tease, then a second tease the livestream before they show it.

11 minutes ago, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Now for something completely different... I'm hoping we see TIGRA next year!! One of my favorite Avengers!

6b3776f0c2dc13cca904a8dd40a5880b.jpg

Agreed , we need this figure, it's been long overdue , the last one is terrible to look at now

1 hour ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

Agreed , we need this figure, it's been long overdue , the last one is terrible to look at now

I agree with your agreement.  In one of the streams Dwight talked about developing parts that could be used for Feral, Wolfsbane, Tigra, and Hepzibah.  I hope they wouldn't share too many parts, because Feral and Wolfsbane are quite a bit shaggier.

16 minutes ago, Satam said:

I agree with your agreement.  In one of the streams Dwight talked about developing parts that could be used for Feral, Wolfsbane, Tigra, and Hepzibah.  I hope they wouldn't share too many parts, because Feral and Wolfsbane are quite a bit shaggier.

yeah I remember him saying this, I think all of those figures are long over due and I hope we see them soon, although if they just leave us with the current dani moonstar wolfsbane for a bit I won't complain, but I mean Feral and Tigra at least have been on so many peoples want lists it's crazy we have not got them yet, also Starjammers.. just give us a boxset of the main 4 , Corsair, Ch'od (with Cr'eee), Hepzibah and Raza so many people would be happy

42 minutes ago, Lord_Scareglow said:

yeah I remember him saying this, I think all of those figures are long over due and I hope we see them soon, although if they just leave us with the current dani moonstar wolfsbane for a bit I won't complain, but I mean Feral and Tigra at least have been on so many peoples want lists it's crazy we have not got them yet, also Starjammers.. just give us a boxset of the main 4 , Corsair, Ch'od (with Cr'eee), Hepzibah and Raza so many people would be happy

Yes...a Starjammers four pack ( or possibly 5 pack with Binary) would rock!!!

9446f3439386f014c47de8224eda81bd.jpg

14 hours ago, JayC said:

I dont understand the comment? The Pandemic has done no favors for Hasbro, they had a bad qrt according to their last financial reporting and we knew the Toxin figure was coming so it wasn't unexpected in any way. Everything we are seeing was planned long before Covid was a thing. Covid has delayed some things like the Eternals wave that originally was supposed to be out this year because the movie was delayed, but its not like we are seeing new things or more repaints cause of COVID.

Sorry JayC, I guess I need to be more specific...It is my observation in where I am located. The Zing Pop Culture shop (Australian Gamestop) and Target have their hasbro marvel related toys shelves empty. The recent deluxe Venom, sold out everywhere...I got mine via Amazon US as there is nothing left here. People started to use this "spare time" to buy online, thus Hasbro toys sold out.

In a global view, the haslab sentinel is going over their expectation of 6,000 backers...they have 12,685 backers now...Don't know how many are from overseas, but the price tag overseas is 500 USD plus shipping...I understand Hasbro is not solely responsible for the price but the resellers...but that is huge and I'm amazed how people are OK with this....Hasbro and/or the Reseller also started increasing prices...here is it is like 25% which is insane....still people like me who is invested in the X-men would bite the bullet just to get a comic character in action figure form...Nostalgia is powerful

Business sense, it is the best time to take advantage of this online shopping success...everyone is bored and spend a lot of time doing online shopping....some may say, before covid people hold back...but now people spend like there is no more tomorrow.