I want a 1st app Wonderman in a retro wave!

Gigantor

I know I can't be the only one who is a big fan of Wonderman in his 1st app costume & feels it deserves to be made in 6' scale. A " safari jacket" version holds zero appeal to me & does not scream " superhero". Tank top Wonderman, even less! His 1st app costume is ol school iconic & with the top 3 Avengers being done in their classic costumes in last year's 80th anniv line, a classic 1st app Wonderman would fit in perfect with them. The Hercules or Unworthy Thor upper torsos with the lower body of Grim Reaper plus new stern head sculpt w/alternate gritted teeth head sculpt, new boots, alternate fists/open grabbing hands & we're set! Who's with me! An Avengers retro line is the ideal wave to make ok Simon in, along with classic Perez Ultron & Count Nefaria as well.

471668589_WondermanvsNamor2.thumb.jpg.526e0bba0b263ab838f1b70f06eb2035.jpg545635534_WondermanvsVision.thumb.jpg.5bd4acd04a283aeba5ee827b21c9f5d5.jpgwonderman_vs_thor_by_byrne.thumb.jpg.eed45e2aa708fdc1bfdeb8c2c6ed9c2e.jpgwondermanvsnamor.thumb.jpg.0446b146faf1ac6fa6a063e428256dd1.jpg466484142_WondermanvsBeast.thumb.jpg.f8fc4f4a6a20cb33cfebc5b42ab83b2f.jpgWonderman.thumb.jpg.70e855e7076630287ea530cbe3d8283e.jpg968020402_Wonderman1stappcostume.thumb.jpg.27072916040451b82546c9d5cb72e32d.jpg

I've never bought that Wonderman fig as it is such a dull outfit & looks more like some generic guy. Nothing bout it says " Wonderman" This guy has gone toe to toe with Thor, the Hulk, Vision, Namor, Hercules, to name a few & deserves a lot more than that figure that Hasbro phoned in. I don't care bout his ionic energy form version. I want the powerful, slugs it out with the heavy hitters of the Marvel universe " 1st app version!

Not before they make this 1st app version 1st, then they can make Safari version afterwards. To this day I still don't understand how anyone thought a "Safari" jacket screamed "superhero" outfit.

Even better would be an 2 pack of 1st app Wonderman with classic Perez Beast on a buck that is between Jackal's & Jim Lee Beast bucks. 630018893_Beast1.thumb.jpg.feb986aac0ecd88469eb8d3d05552da2.jpg1452510634_BeastlookingupatSasquatch.thumb.jpg.140f3b29b771f5e156254253df17ead6.jpg703852491_BeastnCapvssoldiers.thumb.gif.3325c734cd1bccb7586e69e90c229b46.gif722531801_BeastPerezversion.thumb.jpg.362b5c5d0b8a2efe35bdf12363830b67.jpg

Hmm.. while my first choice would be the Safari jacket version, you make a compelling argument. I agree  his 1st suit is iconic, just figured since his red “W” suit with slight variations is literally the only version we’ve ever gotten, I thought  the Safari suit would be the best shot at a different look. 

But now..man that suit would just look right next to those 80th anniversary Cap, IM and Thor. I mean Simon has essentially been there from the beginning. 

Also, love the art you’ve chosen to make your case. I’m a huge John Byrne fan and that panel with Simon and Thor is beautiful. His art makes that green uniform stand out, you’ve won me over by your conviction to your hopes for this character and for the art chosen.

1 hour ago, RyanDaly said:

But but but... the jetpack costume was drawn by Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez in his only work for Marvel Comics!!!

wonderman.jpg

Ugh.. this is so bad in a good way. While this is arguably Wonderman’s most “super” of his super suits it is so goofy. I love it, don’t get me wrong I’d snag this guy in Legends form in an instant.. just this wouldn’t be my first choice

18 minutes ago, McHogan said:

Ugh.. this is so bad in a good way. While this is arguably Wonderman’s most “super” of his super suits it is so goofy. I love it, don’t get me wrong I’d snag this guy in Legends form in an instant.. just this wouldn’t be my first choice

It's a Silver Age DC costume. It would look perfect alongside Green Lantern, Adam Strange, and a Justice League team shot by JLGL.

32 minutes ago, RyanDaly said:

It's a Silver Age DC costume. It would look perfect alongside Green Lantern, Adam Strange, and a Justice League team shot by JLGL.

That is a perfect comparison. I could actually see Simon in one of those Justice League team photos. This actually makes me appreciate this suit a little more, it is certainly a throw back. Thanks for that, funny as this sounds but that makes me smile

1 hour ago, Gigantor said:

Sorry, but that would look awful in toy form & nothing about it says "Wonderman". Energy man is more like it.

I think Toy Biz did a good job of it and it is just as valid as the Christmas tree Simon which nothing about it says Wonder man either. 

Wonder Man didn’t have a good costume until the Safari Jacket and his Black ‘W’ costume, everything else just screams disaster costume no matter how good the artists or writers were