Marvel Legends Classic Moon Knight Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

erivera94 takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 6" Classic Moon Knight figure from Hasbro. Here in the US the figure is being sold as a Walgreens exclusive.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Classic-Moon-Knight-13.JPG

Classic-Moon-Knight-14.JPG

Classic-Moon-Knight-01.JPG

Classic-Moon-Knight-02.JPG

Classic-Moon-Knight-03.JPG

Classic-Moon-Knight-04.JPG

Classic-Moon-Knight-05.JPG

Classic-Moon-Knight-06.JPG

Classic-Moon-Knight-07.JPG

Classic-Moon-Knight-08.JPG

Classic-Moon-Knight-09.JPG

Classic-Moon-Knight-10.JPG

Classic-Moon-Knight-11.JPG

Classic-Moon-Knight-12.JPG

Love the pics.. this figure is so cool. In just a few short weeks ( if I don’t find him in the wild first) I’ll be getting my pre- order filled by Walgreens.

i will be getting two to display both colors of his mask. The only other look I really want for MK is the suit with gold trim he wore during his time in the WCA. Then like a Daredevil after I’ve gotten the new Armored look, I will have the only costumes I want

Agreed, I touched on this in the War Machine review thread. Pym’s costume  here ( well not this cover art, but the actual suit he wore for a spell after this issue)  has a very Dr. Who vibe, and not really in a good way. It was clear the creators didn’t really know what they wanted to do with him. 

At least when he got into the red jumper it was practical. The many pockets on his uniform at least had a purpose as they housed his gadgets shrunk down.

But man, the Dr Who Pym, the Christmas tree Wonderman, the redesign of Firebird into Espirita ( going by memory here, anyone correct me if I got her name wrong) made for an odd Avengers line up

10 hours ago, McHogan said:

Agreed, I touched on this in the War Machine review thread. Pym’s costume  here ( well not this cover art, but the actual suit he wore for a spell after this issue)  has a very Dr. Who vibe, and not really in a good way. It was clear the creators didn’t really know what they wanted to do with him. 

At least when he got into the red jumper it was practical. The many pockets on his uniform at least had a purpose as they housed his gadgets shrunk down.

But man, the Dr Who Pym, the Christmas tree Wonderman, the redesign of Firebird into Espirita ( going by memory here, anyone correct me if I got her name wrong) made for an odd Avengers line up

I collected like the 1st dozen or so issues of WCA, then dropped it due to atrocious artwork, then picked it up again when John Byrne came on board. 

One thing this figure does is really hammer home how some of the characters are afforded detailed care, and others are just phoned in. Compare this and the recent Maverick release, to Guardian or Captain Mar-Vell.  Sloppy paint deco, questionable "expressions" (although I give Hasbro points for even trying to do that), lack of detail, etc. I mean Mar-Vell looks like a guy who has a full head of hair, and then was given a toupee to go over it. His boots are supposed to be segmented exactly the way see Moon Knight's here, and end in a point. Instead they have zero detail and have the boots sloppily painted on.

I like both modern Moon Knight and this classic version. If only all the Marvel Legends could get this kind of tlc.

3 hours ago, Atlantis said:

One thing this figure does is really hammer home how some of the characters are afforded detailed care, and others are just phoned in. Compare this and the recent Maverick release, to Guardian or Captain Mar-Vell.  Sloppy paint deco, questionable "expressions" (although I give Hasbro points for even trying to do that), lack of detail, etc. I mean Mar-Vell looks like a guy who has a full head of hair, and then was given a toupee to go over it. His boots are supposed to be segmented exactly the way see Moon Knight's here, and end in a point. Instead they have zero detail and have the boots sloppily painted on.

I like both modern Moon Knight and this classic version. If only all the Marvel Legends could get this kind of tlc.

You are right on the money here. Even characters with no extra tooling needed like Guardian could benefit from a better paint app or some minor detailing.

We are in an age ( truly a Golden Age, prove me wrong) with Legends that we are regularly getting the best version of each character released, its a shame that one figures “best” doesn’t hold up to another’s amazing output.

Granted, many releases are the way they are due to budgetary concerns. But it seems like painted on boots could be a thing of the past. Also granted,  Guardian can’t hold a candle to the work of art that was Dr.Doom, neither in Detailing or paint, but maybe a better paint app could have closed the gap. Or perhaps an alternate head that could add value to the most basic figure.

Dont get me wrong, I love the way Hasbro has found to get us variety in the Legends line, a simple addition like a vest on Rage worked wonders on that horrible base buck to hide the obvious flaws. And I get budget concerns, but things like an alternate head or hands seem like an easy inclusion.

12 hours ago, Gigantor said:

I collected like the 1st dozen or so issues of WCA, then dropped it due to atrocious artwork, then picked it up again when John Byrne came on board. 

Yeah ...Al Milgrom... feel like he was someone’s nephew at Marvel is how he kept getting work. He is easily my least favorite artist and his runs on both the regular and west coast books were low points and an arduous read

On 8/11/2020 at 7:48 PM, McHogan said:

Love the pics.. this figure is so cool. In just a few short weeks ( if I don’t find him in the wild first) I’ll be getting my pre- order filled by Walgreens.

i will be getting two to display both colors of his mask. The only other look I really want for MK is the suit with gold trim he wore during his time in the WCA. Then like a Daredevil after I’ve gotten the new Armored look, I will have the only costumes I want

Well good news I did find my MKs today! So jacked!! Can’t cancel my preorder but there was no one I could leave these laying

as hoped he is awesome! 

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 5:24 PM, McHogan said:

You are right on the money here. Even characters with no extra tooling needed like Guardian could benefit from a better paint app or some minor detailing.

We are in an age ( truly a Golden Age, prove me wrong) with Legends that we are regularly getting the best version of each character released, its a shame that one figures “best” doesn’t hold up to another’s amazing output.

Granted, many releases are the way they are due to budgetary concerns. But it seems like painted on boots could be a thing of the past. Also granted,  Guardian can’t hold a candle to the work of art that was Dr.Doom, neither in Detailing or paint, but maybe a better paint app could have closed the gap. Or perhaps an alternate head that could add value to the most basic figure.

Dont get me wrong, I love the way Hasbro has found to get us variety in the Legends line, a simple addition like a vest on Rage worked wonders on that horrible base buck to hide the obvious flaws. And I get budget concerns, but things like an alternate head or hands seem like an easy inclusion.

Thanks. Honestly don't think its to do with budget; when you consider that many of the superheroes (Moondragon, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Falcon, Scarlett Witch, Banshee, Vision) and villains have boots which have that pointed top to the knee, its certainly cheaper to make those than the ornate boots that basically can be used for only one character (Omega Red, Beta Ray Bill, Sentry 459, Maverick).  DC Essentials has been molding their boots for sometime now. I'd just like to see the same attention to detail used on the other figures in the line as much as they did for modern day Moon Knight or this version.

I also agree with you 100%, we're living in a fantastic era as far as comic book fandom goes. Animated series, movies, tv series, sculptures and the best action figures ever made. When I was a kid, your choices for action figures were Batman, Superman, maybe Joker, maybe Robin, and Spider-Man. Every now and then you might get a kind of Hulk.

Nowadays you can get Sunfire. Iron Fist. Forge. Elsa Bloodstone. Frickin Sauron. Rock Python.

Man, I really wish Dave Cockrum had lived to see Colossus and Nightcrawler being made into action figures. His heart would've been filled with pride and joy.

STL061840n.jpg