Exit The Age Of Khonshu, Enter The Phoenix!

JayC

Keep an eye on Jason Aaron and Javier Garron’s latest Avengers epic, “THE AGE OF KHONSHU” for startling revelations about Moon Knight amidst a thunderous clash with a disgruntled god bent on reshaping the world in his image! Then, gear up for the grand return of the cosmic chaos-bringer of life and death in Jason Aaron and Javier Garron’s “ENTER THE PHOENIX,” on sale in December!

Enter-The-Phoenix.jpg

Like all comic stories, there was an ending... until there wasn’t.

just like no one ever dies in comics, any entity (Ex:Phoenix) is only gone until the next writer needs them for their story. It used to be the writer would come up with a clever way for the return, nowadays writers just ignore continuity. Brian Michael Bendis was the worst at ignoring established continuity for the sake of his story. I get that writers don’t want to be restrained by years of storylines but I’m old school in my comics universing and if you are going to bring back dead characters/ things the least you could do is give a “plausible “ explanation and not treat long time fans like chumps.

no idea what this Enter the Phoenix will be about but it seems like they will be retconning recent history again..

On 8/12/2020 at 8:05 PM, McHogan said:

Like all comic stories, there was an ending... until there wasn’t.

just like no one ever dies in comics, any entity (Ex:Phoenix) is only gone until the next writer needs them for their story. It used to be the writer would come up with a clever way for the return, nowadays writers just ignore continuity. Brian Michael Bendis was the worst at ignoring established continuity for the sake of his story. I get that writers don’t want to be restrained by years of storylines but I’m old school in my comics universing and if you are going to bring back dead characters/ things the least you could do is give a “plausible “ explanation and not treat long time fans like chumps.

no idea what this Enter the Phoenix will be about but it seems like they will be retconning recent history again..

These post Claremont/Byrne writers just don't seem to understand that no matter how many times they revive her or try & re hash her, that none will ever top the original storyline/ plot that those 2 legends came up with. Same goes for those DOFP story of arc. Phoenix stories are played out, the recent X- movie flop is living proof of that.